Author Topic: WE COULD SERIOUSLY MAKE THE FINAL FOUR  (Read 25483 times)

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
Re: WE COULD SERIOUSLY MAKE THE FINAL FOUR
« Reply #200 on: March 26, 2018, 05:20:56 PM »
It's pretty fascinating to watch the tennis match between luck and the stats side of this talk. The "we didn't have to play Virginia" and the "We did this without Wade"

Just be happy an E8 happened, a second weekend happened, and that we beat Calipari. oscar's teams seem to always crap the bed around 1 out of 3 or 4 games at least, and this time it happened against a team that shot lights out from 3 in a great chance for a FF. Of course it sucks, but it happened, and I will never be ashamed of this weird but fun E8 run. Heck, we might get another S16/E8 or if luck permits get the FF next year. You should always want more, but guise, enjoy the glow of team that shut down Marcus Foster, only 9 to beat a 6, and the first ksu-cats team that made a very happy Ernie Barrett by beating Kentucky.

I'm very happy that it happened. I don't think anyone is ashamed of the run. You are kidding yourself and setting yourself up for a major disappointment next year if you don't see how luck played a role in all of this, though.

Sure there is luck, and every team gets it, whether that is not facing VA or losing Wade for essentially the tourny. Also, no where did I say we will get a S16, E8 or FF, but that we have a chance. My expectation always regardless of how good our team is in the tourny is to make it to the 2nd weekend. Next year will be no different.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 26, 2018, 07:13:59 PM »
UK was far and away the most talented team we beat this season and maybe the most talented team Weber has beaten in his time at KSU.
One could say it's the most talented tourney  team we've beaten in 30+ years

One coils say that, but they would be wrong.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 26, 2018, 07:59:34 PM »
UK was far and away the most talented team we beat this season and maybe the most talented team Weber has beaten in his time at KSU.

I think they are, they absolutely are but it really doesn't mean much given the relatively small sample size.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 26, 2018, 08:04:29 PM »
Also the conversation as to whether or not K-State is lucky and how lucky we were is silly. Every team playing in the elite eight, in the history of ever has a healthy amount of luck, stop acting like benefiting from luck is unique to anyone.

This is firmly in the making crap up wheelhouse of the people who make up basketball reasons for not liking oscar instead of his funny faces or squeaky voice.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #204 on: March 26, 2018, 08:15:23 PM »
Luck is when preparation meets opportunity.

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 26, 2018, 08:30:19 PM »

I think they are, they absolutely are but it really doesn't mean much given the relatively small sample size.

yea they are for sure

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 26, 2018, 09:15:02 PM »
Also the conversation as to whether or not K-State is lucky and how lucky we were is silly. Every team playing in the elite eight, in the history of ever has a healthy amount of luck, stop acting like benefiting from luck is unique to anyone.

This is firmly in the making crap up wheelhouse of the people who make up basketball reasons for not liking oscar instead of his funny faces or squeaky voice.

would it be better if we called it the "easiest path to the Elite Eight of any 9 seed in history" instead of "lucky"?

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 26, 2018, 09:33:00 PM »
the luck deniers are just making crap up in their non stop attempts to defend oscar.  really shows how insecure some are in their love for oscar.  but I get it, I really do.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 26, 2018, 09:39:50 PM »
News flash, the entire tornament is a big cluster eff of randomness. 

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 26, 2018, 09:43:13 PM »

answer my question

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: March 26, 2018, 09:47:59 PM »
I was replying to clams, not everything is about you

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 26, 2018, 11:42:28 PM »

would it be better if we called it the "easiest path to the Elite Eight of any 9 seed in history" instead of "lucky"?

Do whatever you want, that's a lot of qualifiers though.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 27, 2018, 01:04:10 AM »

Do whatever you want, that's a lot of qualifiers though.
Ok I'll stick with "lucky" then

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 27, 2018, 04:19:59 AM »

Exactly. It's why banking your fan feelings most entirely on the results of the tournament is foolhardy imo.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 22, 2019, 06:31:09 PM »
maybe kstate will be a high seed next year.
I bet we're a 6

I was wrong!

What’s more likely:

Making the elite 8 again next year or not? 

The tournament is a giant crap shoot.  We got an enormous break with UMBC winning and turned it into a E8.  We got to play an 11 to go to the final 4 and lost.  We’ll be a 6 seed or something like that and get put out in the first or second round.

It's less of a crapshoot if you get a high seed. I think a first or second round exit sounds right next season.

I was right. :frown:

:users: