Author Topic: St. John's Omari Lawrence transferring to K-State?  (Read 84963 times)

Offline Tannoudji

• Fan
  • Rev 14:9
    • View Profile
Re: St. John's Omari Lawrence transferring to K-State?
« Reply #200 on: June 29, 2010, 05:00:32 PM »
Well, well, well it is unraveling before our eyes.

As I have always said you can't spell Dominique Sutton without quit and you can't spell Frank Martin without Affirmative Action Joke.
Buy hey, we can all go bask in the glow of our Big 12 Runner-Up trophies and our Almost Made it Out of the Regional banner.  Why you guys keep blindly defending Frank (one somewhat smart poster has dubbed you Frank-ites) while dragging down the only coach as K-State who has won something worth a damn is beyond me.

I am sure this thread will devolve into people calling me names or getting upset that am not as "PC" as you would like, but relax.  You can always go back to reading you threads about dandy-boy TV shows and what kinds of imported beers you pretend to enjoy.

Tyrannis Seditio, Obsequium Deo

Offline Ghost of Stan Parrish

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 29, 2010, 05:04:53 PM »
Been a Cat fan since Curt got on board.  Loving the fact that you got Shane, Now O-money may be on the way.  Whoa!!!  He is a problem on the court!   Hopefully Frank will get the real Omari to stand up.

Here is a hometown perspective. 

http://theeastcoastbias.wordpress.com/2010/05/16/departures-omari-lawrence-davontay-grace/

BoogieDownCat, is that your blog?
"I'm thankful our MHK forefathers had the foresight to lynch white dudes so that we might be able to throw up the mob with a clear conscience."

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 29, 2010, 05:04:57 PM »
Well, well, well it is unraveling before our eyes.

As I have always said you can't spell Dominique Sutton without quit and you can't spell Frank Martin without Affirmative Action Joke.
Buy hey, we can all go bask in the glow of our Big 12 Runner-Up trophies and our Almost Made it Out of the Regional banner.  Why you guys keep blindly defending Frank (one somewhat smart poster has dubbed you Frank-ites) while dragging down the only coach as K-State who has won something worth a damn is beyond me.

I am sure this thread will devolve into people calling me names or getting upset that am not as "PC" as you would like, but relax.  You can always go back to reading you threads about dandy-boy TV shows and what kinds of imported beers you pretend to enjoy.

:love: :love:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 29, 2010, 05:05:04 PM »
Solved: Dax is 'noudji

Offline Pexikan

• Combo-Fan
  • Junkyard Gato
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 29, 2010, 05:30:32 PM »
I, for one, am glad that MHK and KSU are being seen as a place that once-talented players can go to rehab their game and learn from one of the best coach/mentors in the business.  Since Frank doesn't give a shazbot! about catering to egos and babying his players, I have to assume anyone who transfers here knows this, these guys gotta have a sense of urgency and motivation to better themselves, I mean, once you transfer schools once, any more movement puts up a red flag and pretty much takes you off the Leagues radar, at least thats my opinion.  Maybe a few players have made it big time moving from school to school, I don't know.  I know Denis came to KSU with no fanfare and a bad reputation.  He leaves a hero and graduate, competing for a chance to achieve what he only dreamed about before.  CK came as a 5-star question mark.  He's answered his doubters after last season and looks to be one of the best bigs in the conference next season.  No doubt he plays in the NBA someday soon.  No off-court shazbot!-ups to mention for either one of them.  Franks players know better.  You want to be a Cat?  Go to class, work hard and follow rules.  Good things will come.  One things for sure, you will be prepared for whatever comes your way.

On that note, welcome to Manhattan, Omari.   Juevol.  Pleasure to make your acquaintance.  Hit the books off the court.  Stay away from Aggieville on the weekends, wrap it up if you are gonna bang chicks.  Frank says check your ego's at the door.  You won't need them. :kstatriot:

The42Yardstick

« Reply #205 on: June 29, 2010, 05:41:42 PM »

Yeah. Dax: Major props my man.

Offline Tannoudji

• Fan
  • Rev 14:9
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 29, 2010, 05:44:51 PM »

While dax may be correct about Frank he is dead wrong an just about everything else (including his irrational love for Iranian dictators). 

Tyrannis Seditio, Obsequium Deo

The42Yardstick

« Reply #207 on: June 29, 2010, 05:47:20 PM »

While dax may be correct about Frank he is dead wrong an just about everything else (including his irrational love for Iranian dictators). 

I'm also going to suggest that maybe ksu_FAN isn't necessarily on a summer hiatus :surprised:

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 29, 2010, 05:49:04 PM »
Tannou!!!!!

:love:
Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 29, 2010, 05:50:30 PM »
he's paying for himself for a year. or something like that. right?

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: June 29, 2010, 05:52:25 PM »
he's paying for himself for a year. or something like that. right?

So, if he's really a walk on, are we for sure Sutton is gone????  I'm trying to convince myself this is okay, especially if it means we can get rid of Martavious of Juevol next year.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 06:25:23 AM by wabash909 »
Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 29, 2010, 05:57:46 PM »
What's the deal with sutton
EMAW

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 29, 2010, 06:09:42 PM »
robcassidy22

That's not saying it won't be done soon, but before he dropped my call, he didn't sound all too certain. Trying to reach him for details.
about 1 hour ago via web
Reply Retweet

robcassidy22
People may have gotten in front of this Omari Lawrence thing. He says he's "still awaiting final confirmation." Not "done" just yet.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 29, 2010, 06:52:47 PM »
dammit, frank, when I told you to recruit like you have 13 available, I was mainly talking about really really good players.  But I'm really a lot more upset w/ Jeuvol than this guy.

at least kstate needs 1s.  if there was a roster need for a 3, i'd have no problem with lawrence, but:

sutton* '07
samuels** '08
mcgruder '09
southwell '10
williams '11***

and you want to add another '10 to that?  wtf?

* - maybe gone
** - not really a 3, but gets a few minutes
*** - maybe a '10

"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 29, 2010, 06:54:21 PM »
I'm also going to suggest that maybe ksu_FAN isn't necessarily on a summer hiatus :surprised:

i thought everyone assumed/knew that tann = chingon.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

The42Yardstick

« Reply #215 on: June 29, 2010, 06:57:16 PM »

He was my third guess :runaway:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 29, 2010, 07:01:07 PM »
Manhattan is becoming Emawllis Island for big time cruits to transfer.

We need a statue of Emawberty

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 29, 2010, 07:49:07 PM »

He was my third guess :runaway:

Plus Tann possesses too much quality as a sock for me to pull off.

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 29, 2010, 10:38:59 PM »
I can't claim to know all(or any)of the behind scenes details of our program, but it Dom really is gone, JFC, ultimate JFC.

14 and 14 in 37 mins against Baylor in the B12 semis, beast like performance against an Elite 8 team that gave the eventual NC a good run in the regional final. Without Dom we don't get that win and without that win do well still get a 2 seed?

21 and 9 against Nubb, 3-3 from downtown, without that performance from him, we had a very good chance of blowing it at home against the Nubbs. How fracking embarrassing would that have been?

12 and 12 against A&M, 8  and 7 against Dayton (3-3 FG), 16 and 6 against Washington St and made the nation's leading scorer at the time piss down both his legs.

Yes, I know you could just as easily list the games when Dom didn't show up but besides Pullen and Clemente, EVERYONE on this team has had their lapses and hell even Jake and Denis struggled at times.

My point is, Dom's been a huge part of our success, not just last year but in his entire time here. He's part of the foundation and when you start taking pieces away from the foundation... you can kiss all that Road to Houston Final 4 BS goodbye ... JFC man.

Athleticism, physicality, disruption on D, Doberman work on the boards,  Dom can bring that every night, I just hope he gets the chance to prove it next year.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 10:40:40 PM by Underdog Wildcat »

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 29, 2010, 10:45:35 PM »
Sutton had some good games, but he was mostly just a moody headcase last year.  Wildly inconsistent in every phase.  Wasn't even a reliable defensive stopper.  Not sure how much he'd actually be missed.

Offline GetVocalwithCurt

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 29, 2010, 10:48:10 PM »
He has to sit out a year to transfer so why would he need a schollie? Couldn't he just get his schollie next year?
"I'll be back"
-Curtis Kelly

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 29, 2010, 10:54:15 PM »
He'll be enrolled in courses while he's sitting out, so he'll probably want a schollie to pay for those courses.  :dunno:

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 29, 2010, 10:56:53 PM »
Omari > Dom, sorry bro. You never developed on the offensive side.
EMAW

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 29, 2010, 10:57:32 PM »
Losing Dom would kill me, just for sentimental reasons... I'm a softy for that big lipped bastard.  :frown:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 29, 2010, 11:00:56 PM »
Losing Dom would kill me, just for sentimental reasons... I'm a softy for that big lipped bastard.  :frown:
I know, he's let me down. Its time to move on..
EMAW