Author Topic: St. John's Omari Lawrence transferring to K-State?  (Read 83068 times)

stunz

Re: St. John's Omari Lawrence transferring to K-State?
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2010, 01:09:43 AM »
has a few youtube vids

"O Money Omari "And One" Lawrence"

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2010, 01:12:19 AM »
Quote from:  original rivals eval
Omari Lawrence is a 6'3" 175lb shooting at St. Raymond H.S. in the Bronx. Lawrence is a relentless individual who powers his way to the rim by any means necessary. Although he does have a reliable mid range jump shot he tends to prefer attacking the rim, usually scoring the basket and picking up the foul.

Lawrence is also a good rebounder, getting many of his points from offensive rebounds or off fast break created off defensive rebounds. Lawrence like Lance Stephenson can and will take over a game if necessary. He also tends to inspire teammates.

Lawrence sometimes tends to force shots but rarely. Omari Lawrence plays for Coach Oz Cross and the NY Panthers Juniors.

could he be a more Martin player?

"Lawrence like Lance Stephenson can and will take over a game if necessary."
 :dunno: :eek: :crossfingers: :dunno:

Offline WildCatzPhreak

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2010, 01:16:23 AM »
He's like the guard version of Dom basically.*

*I'm OK with this.  Just OK though.  To get me ecstatic we would need a super athletic guy who can also shoot the ball.

stunz

« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2010, 01:16:36 AM »
probably like blake young, maybe better finisher, less athletic. :dunno:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2010, 01:21:45 AM »
phreak, at least mention the board if you are going to freak out over there about news, jfc man

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2010, 01:27:17 AM »
Lawrence is a full basketball package, if he pans out. He can shoot, slash, defend, handle the rock, and become a presence in the passing lanes. Lawrence could make an immediate impact.

Offline WildCatzPhreak

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2010, 01:31:54 AM »
phreak, at least mention the board if you are going to freak out over there about news, jfc man
I shared some of the news posted here and gave credit to Pett.  Apparently not good enough for you?

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2010, 01:37:49 AM »
You know, the more I look into this, the more ok I am with this. Dude had a lot of hype coming out of high school. Curt Kelly type unmotivated fatty that never vibed with the coach. We could do worse than a guy with a second lease on his basketball life ready to prove everyone wrong. Looks like the skills are there. Not to mention he's in shape for the first time in his life. Greenawaldt will rock his world.

eff it, I'm in.  :cheers: :kstatriot:

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2010, 01:38:28 AM »
I shared some of the news posted here and gave credit to Pett.  Apparently not good enough for you?
Yeah, not nearly good enough for me you rough ridin' Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)
:surprised:

SD reads gopow!

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2010, 01:42:59 AM »
sys/yosh/micat//ksu_FAN/etc. input on class size?  Seems like a weird get if true :dunno:

Offline WildCatzPhreak

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2010, 01:45:20 AM »
Yeah, not nearly good enough for me you rough ridin' Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)
Take note, new goEMAW members.  This is a prime example of the practice referred to as "Poster Intimidation."

When confronted with this practice, there are only two logical responses:
1) Poster intimidate back(will not work if you're not elite)
2) Run away

stunz

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2010, 02:01:03 AM »
sys/yosh/micat//ksu_FAN/etc. input on class size?  Seems like a weird get if true :dunno:

i have no idea how they could get him in.  he has other options, so i don't see why he'd walk on, and there've been no rumblings about transfers, even if they staff were to hop over williams to give lawrence a ship if one opened.

if he does come, and he walks on in 2010, he takes an '11 ship, presumably leaving the last 'ship for a pg.  his 'ship would be scheduled to open up again in '14, along with southwell and spradling.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2010, 02:03:16 AM »
one other note.  the 1st 3 posts i quoted, they're from a poster who is some sort of an aau coach, who formerly coached lawrence.  haven't figured out who it is yet.  and he has one post on the st johns board where he spontaneously mentions kstate's staff as one of the best in the country.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2010, 03:17:29 AM »
a poster who is some sort of an aau coach, who formerly coached lawrence.

karone carmichael, cousin of oswald cross.  coached jh-r.  also is ryan rhoomes' handler.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 03:36:27 AM by sys »

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2010, 06:52:09 AM »
Why do you guys both want to offer everyone possible and at the same time worry about class size?  You should instead wonder who will be leaving early.  It's happened every year for Frank, hasn't it?

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2010, 08:34:52 AM »
Why do you guys both want to offer everyone possible and at the same time worry about class size?  You should instead wonder who will be leaving early.  It's happened every year for Frank, hasn't it?
:ohno: :ohno:
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2010, 08:59:38 AM »
Why do you guys both want to offer everyone possible and at the same time worry about class size?  You should instead wonder who will be leaving early. 

yeah, can't believe we made it this far and no one has mentioned who Frank ran off.

My guess is Dom.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2010, 09:15:29 AM »
Why do you guys both want to offer everyone possible and at the same time worry about class size?  You should instead wonder who will be leaving early. 

yeah, can't believe we made it this far and no one has mentioned who Frank ran off.

My guess is Dom.

There were some insidery rumblings that Dom was possibly on the outs awhile back.  His tweets seem to indicate he will be back in town soon though iirc. 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2010, 09:19:03 AM »
a poster who is some sort of an aau coach, who formerly coached lawrence.

karone carmichael, cousin of oswald cross.  coached jh-r.  also is ryan rhoomes' handler.

Good find sys.  Have we been mentioned with rhoomes? 

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2010, 10:01:35 AM »

I was fine with it Phreak. Thanks man.

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2010, 10:14:33 AM »
He's like the guard version of Dom basically.*

*I'm OK with this.  Just OK though.  To get me ecstatic we would need a super athletic guy who can also shoot the ball.

So was Cmerri  :blank:
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2010, 10:20:46 AM »
You know, the more I look into this, the more ok I am with this. Dude had a lot of hype coming out of high school. Curt Kelly type unmotivated fatty that never vibed with the coach. We could do worse than a guy with a second lease on his basketball life ready to prove everyone wrong. Looks like the skills are there. Not to mention he's in shape for the first time in his life. Greenawaldt will rock his world.

shazbot! it, I'm in.  :cheers: :kstatriot:

Mostly undecided so far, but leaning toward this ^.

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2010, 10:32:34 AM »
Who all would you guys want to leave if so? Russell? Irving?

I'd go with Martavious. :users: