Author Topic: LHC Bill Snyder saved Kansas State University  (Read 41140 times)

Offline PIPE

• Katpak'r
  • Always a pessimist
    • View Profile
Re: LHC LHC Bill Snyder saved Kansas State University
« Reply #175 on: December 20, 2017, 02:49:04 PM »
Jeesh this is just the best timing to say something so stupid.  Our program is fracked
Awaiting the inevitable KITN

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 20, 2017, 02:51:41 PM »
Jeesh this is just the best timing to say something so stupid.  Our program is fracked

Who would you consider K-State's top candidates? Now and as of a month ago.

Leavitt, Sean, Beilema, Venzy.. Are all still just as available as they were weeks ago.

I'd throw in a guy like Seth LittreLL still being attainable as well.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: LHC Bill Snyder saved Kansas State University
« Reply #177 on: December 20, 2017, 02:52:26 PM »
I say that, as he waited until he got most of the class inked so it wasn't used against him.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 20, 2017, 02:57:06 PM »
i remember having a discussion once about the relative age of our classes and how they trended younger than others. like if someone doesn't turn 18 until late spring their senior year of highschool or maybe even the summer after, it seemed like we were targeting those players. like, we may bump someone up a star if they are young or something and value them more than other schools would. am I crazy or did we discuss that?

I don't remember, but this absolutely sounds like a Bill thing.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 20, 2017, 02:58:16 PM »
imagine being a recruit that just signed and reading that headline

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: December 20, 2017, 03:00:20 PM »
imagine being a recruit that just signed and reading that headline

If you sign up to play football for a man as old as Bill, knowing he has cancer, you can't be too surprised by that headline.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 20, 2017, 03:32:39 PM »
Guys.

He's 78 years old, of course he has no idea how long he's going to be coaching

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 20, 2017, 03:33:03 PM »
What's the freak out about?

Offline Woogy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 20, 2017, 03:49:36 PM »
Its not like "I'll sit down and think about it after the season" is any different than any other year in 2.0....

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 20, 2017, 06:19:05 PM »
I don't think any of our recruits are coming here simply to play for Bill.

Offline Muldoon

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 20, 2017, 06:43:01 PM »
Not too long ago somebody posted some supposed insidery information about how detached Bill was from recruits and current players. Said he rarely, if ever, interacted with the current players any more. I can't find the post but have thought a lot about it lately. If true, I think it's likely a deliberate move by Bill to ensure there's not a sudden rush out the door when he hangs it up creating an even bigger talent vacuum than necessary. I think this season is it for him and I think he's been intentionally setting the conditions for this move for the past year or two.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 20, 2017, 06:45:58 PM »
irl he's trying to outlast whoever won't hire his son to coach the football team. he'll probably retire mid season to force sean into the job. I'm not saying I'm pro or anti sean. just a fwiw.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 20, 2017, 06:53:31 PM »
i'm close to accepting my L on the topic of snyder and his handling of potential retirement. this isn't good.

https://twitter.com/dennisdoddcbs/status/943579887390117888

Yet in the same interview he comments about being close to hiring a 10th assistant. Why would he do that if he wasn't coming back?

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 20, 2017, 07:06:56 PM »
He's close to hiring Sean's 9th assistant.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 20, 2017, 07:11:05 PM »
irl he's trying to outlast whoever won't hire his son to coach the football team. he'll probably retire mid season to force sean into the job. I'm not saying I'm pro or anti sean. just a fwiw.

I say we make him a deal, if he can outlive gene Taylor at KSU we give Sean the job. If he doesn't, he donates his estate to the KSU AD.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 20, 2017, 07:15:54 PM »

I say we make him a deal, if he can outlive gene Taylor at KSU we give Sean the job. If he doesn't, he donates his estate to the KSU AD.

Agreed.  It's the only fair way to handle this.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 20, 2017, 07:30:18 PM »
also if he drops below .500 estate stays with ksu and also no sean. I'm not having him win a long live off and us ultimately getting mumped the whole way. there has to be performance guarantees.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 20, 2017, 07:54:20 PM »
Not too long ago somebody posted some supposed insidery information about how detached Bill was from recruits and current players. Said he rarely, if ever, interacted with the current players any more. I can't find the post but have thought a lot about it lately. If true, I think it's likely a deliberate move by Bill to ensure there's not a sudden rush out the door when he hangs it up creating an even bigger talent vacuum than necessary. I think this season is it for him and I think he's been intentionally setting the conditions for this move for the past year or two.

Bruh, he did three in home visits in the last three weeks.

Offline Muldoon

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: LHC LHC LHC Bill Snyder saved Kansas State University
« Reply #193 on: December 20, 2017, 09:11:48 PM »

Ok, but that doesn't really invalidate my theory. I don't follow his itinerary so I have no idea who he actually visited but I'm thinking three visits in three weeks prior to the first early signing period is nothing other than window dressing. The KSU recruiting sucks narrative aside, why NOT make a visit to get a kid to sign and then hang it up after they've already signed an LOI? If I'm not mistaken, they have to sit out a year or something if they decommit after signing an LOI.

I think the biggest threat of an exodus is with the players already on the roster hence the lack of interaction. He's conditioning them for when he calls it quits. It'll be no big deal to them because they haven't seen or heard much from the guy in a long time anyway. It also seems to me that most of the pictures, tweets, etc. have featured the commits with the recruiters (Seiler, Coleman, Dickey, even Sean) and less Bill than in years past. Again, I think this is intentional.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: December 21, 2017, 01:17:27 AM »
:lol:

His car is there when I get here in the morning and it is here when I leave at night.

http://cjonline.com/sports/sports-columns/catzone/2017-12-20/kevin-haskin-snyder-k-state-administration-must-thoroughly

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: LHC LHC LHC Bill Snyder saved Kansas State University
« Reply #196 on: December 21, 2017, 02:37:19 AM »

Ok, but that doesn't really invalidate my theory. I don't follow his itinerary so I have no idea who he actually visited but I'm thinking three visits in three weeks prior to the first early signing period is nothing other than window dressing. The KSU recruiting sucks narrative aside, why NOT make a visit to get a kid to sign and then hang it up after they've already signed an LOI? If I'm not mistaken, they have to sit out a year or something if they decommit after signing an LOI.

I think the biggest threat of an exodus is with the players already on the roster hence the lack of interaction. He's conditioning them for when he calls it quits. It'll be no big deal to them because they haven't seen or heard much from the guy in a long time anyway. It also seems to me that most of the pictures, tweets, etc. have featured the commits with the recruiters (Seiler, Coleman, Dickey, even Sean) and less Bill than in years past. Again, I think this is intentional.

It seems you have your idea of how things are and that's how it's going to be, no matter what. Him doing the visits do invalidate your opinion that he's less involved because he hasn't done that in years. That's not to say he won't retire but he isn't less involved at least right now. And you are kind of mistaken about the NLOI. The signed players will be immediately eligible if K-State grants them releases, we did for a couple of players in 2005.

As to your point about the recruiting photos, the recruits taking photos with assistants is the norm not only at K-State but at every single school in the nation, at every level of football, including NAIA. Those relationships are formed with the recruiter and the head coach is the closer. Most coaches do more, many more home visits than Bill, but like I said, he actually did them this season. He very well may retire but your indicators are way off.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 21, 2017, 06:53:33 AM »

Being completely serious (and not knowing a lot about high level recruiting), to me 3 seems like a really low number for a P5 coach in the 3 weeks leading up to signing day.
:adios:

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 21, 2017, 07:47:36 AM »
John Currie