Author Topic: Favorite K-State Writer of all time? - It's Jmart, leader of Rivals.com K-State  (Read 143464 times)

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Every detail of the ass-canning(s?).

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Here's the deal. D. can write a book that a few K-State fans will read. ORRR he can write a scintillating tell-all that unearths ugly truths of college athletics and potentially becomes a best seller.

It's all up to D.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
We need D. to put on his investigative journalist hat and get to the bottom of some crap. Like, what's the real story on the stolen baseball? What's the truth about Brent Venables?

What else?

What happened with the Venzy HCIW deal he had during Snyder 2.0

When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
We need D. to put on his investigative journalist hat and get to the bottom of some crap. Like, what's the real story on the stolen baseball? What's the truth about Brent Venables?

What else?

You think that was real?

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Repost in honor of Fritch - few love K-State more...

As most people know, the weekly Bill press conferences are pretty much a waste of everyone's time because Bill never actually answers any questions with any amount of substance. So, what typically happens, is most "reporters" don't even bother to ask questions and it's usually the same 3-4 people that ask most of the questions. As we can all probably guess, one of those people is Fritchen.

I can't remember for certain, but I think it was back in 99 during the press conference before K-State played at Nebraska. As Fritchen is prone to doing, he asked this incredibly long-winded question that took about an hour for him to spit out. It was basically something like "Bill, can you talk about what it's like being in a stadium like Nebraska's with 80,000 fans, a historic stadium, they're all yelling before the game, you're underneath the stadium and you can hear them yelling and you're trying to get your players ready for the game (it goes on and on and on and then ends with) can you tell us what you're actually doing right before you take the field?"

Bill pauses for about 10 seconds (probably mocking the fact that Fritch took five minutes to ask a question) and then Bill says, "What's that game that the youngsters like? Chutes and Ladders? Is that what it's called? That's what we do."

Fritch should really put this story in. Shows the mischievous side of Bill.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

What else?

You think that was real?

Only D Scott can help us answer that question!
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Online BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
imagine this teaser:

I know I've been accused over the years of nepotism, but I honestly have no idea where any of that came from. I can't stand that little bitch. The only reason I kept him around was because of special teams. If special teams would have dropped out of the top 10 I would have canned his ass in a heartbeat.
-LHC Bill Snyder

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
I want D-Scott to get confirmation on the story below

Its 1999 and our Wildcats are playing like crap against ISU, down 28-7 at half. Snyder doesn't say anything during halftime then right before they take the field he says "If you don't play better in the 2nd half I'm going to blow my brains out with a shotgun" or something to that effect and then they won 35-28.

No idea if its true or not

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Its 1999 and our Wildcats are playing like crap against ISU, down 28-7 at half. Snyder doesn't say anything during halftime then right before they take the field he says "If you don't play better in the 2nd half I'm going to blow my brains out with a shotgun" or something to that effect and then they won 35-28.

I'd like to hear more about this and how he was a mean SOB in practice.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Perhaps we let D.Scott do his thing while gE writes the unauthorized and/or made-up biography of LHC Bill Snyder.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Perhaps we let D.Scott do his thing while gE writes the unauthorized and/or made-up biography of LHC Bill Snyder.

Oh, crap. We could divide and conquer. Different people take different topics, then investigate the hell out of them.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
The inside flap has a picture of Ell and says “with an intro from James McGill”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

The way this story was told to me, all he said was "Don't rough ridin' disappoint me."

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile

Heard the same from a friend whose brother was a walk-in at the time.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
The inside flap has a picture of Ell and says “with an intro from James McGill”

and it's 1 1/2 sentences long
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Snyder doesn't say anything during halftime then right before they take the field he says "If you don't play better in the 2nd half I'm going to blow my brains out with a shotgun"

The way this story was told to me, all he said was "Don't rough ridin' disappoint me."

I bet Bill had custom tailored motivational messages for different subsets of players categorized by personality type. Clever old bastatd.

Offline 1863

• Combo-Fan
  • John Currie is a beautiful human bean.
    • View Profile
Happy DSF got work, but this will be Snyder's 4th book and he isn't someone I think is particularly deep or revelatory, so I think I'll pass. If it's discovered that he's covering new ground or if DSF is able to get him to actually honestly open up, I'll change my mind.

Need a few more to round out the literature section at the LHC Bill Snyder Museum gift shop.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
Looks like KSU's native son Riley Gates has turned coat and now is a phog.net contributor  :surprised:

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
Looks like KSU's native son Riley Gates has turned coat and now is a phog.net contributor  :surprised:
You can have him.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
Can someone hit me with the "this is not your problem" .gif?

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The link I had saved doesn’t work anymore, I tried posting it and it says it’s not available anymore :frown:

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
That’s interesting because that’s the exact URL I had saved. If you go directly to the website it says it’s unavailable put embedded it works.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Fitz/Mangino interview John Currie story is incredible