Author Topic: Favorite K-State Writer of all time? - It's Jmart, leader of Rivals.com K-State  (Read 143397 times)

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
They have a few part timers. Not sure of Zac Carlson's status or not but if he's part time, fitz is the only full timer and remember he is home bound for the most part because of his cancer.

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Repost in honor of Fritch - few love K-State more...

As most people know, the weekly Bill press conferences are pretty much a waste of everyone's time because Bill never actually answers any questions with any amount of substance. So, what typically happens, is most "reporters" don't even bother to ask questions and it's usually the same 3-4 people that ask most of the questions. As we can all probably guess, one of those people is Fritchen.

I can't remember for certain, but I think it was back in 99 during the press conference before K-State played at Nebraska. As Fritchen is prone to doing, he asked this incredibly long-winded question that took about an hour for him to spit out. It was basically something like "Bill, can you talk about what it's like being in a stadium like Nebraska's with 80,000 fans, a historic stadium, they're all yelling before the game, you're underneath the stadium and you can hear them yelling and you're trying to get your players ready for the game (it goes on and on and on and then ends with) can you tell us what you're actually doing right before you take the field?"

Bill pauses for about 10 seconds (probably mocking the fact that Fritch took five minutes to ask a question) and then Bill says, "What's that game that the youngsters like? Chutes and Ladders? Is that what it's called? That's what we do."

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
lol

Bill was such an ass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
the people on KSO are such assholes. 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

It's rough ridin' ridiculous. The amount of people on that board who are only happy when others are in misery seems way out of wack with the rest of civilization. I mean when ol boy tossing sandwiches, there were a ton of jokes here, and that was all fair. However, the amount of celebrating over that man losing his job, because they don't like his writing style, is sick.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile

It's rough ridin' ridiculous. The amount of people on that board who are only happy when others are in misery seems way out of wack with the rest of civilization. I mean when ol boy tossing sandwiches, there were a ton of jokes here, and that was all fair. However, the amount of celebrating over that man losing his job, because they don't like his writing style, is sick.
Exactly.  It's infuriating.  People should be ashamed of themselves.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
Huh. I like the guy. Bad sich' with the 'wich but he got his life on track. I hope he finds something quickly.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
I'm done posting there for a while. 

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile

It's rough ridin' ridiculous. The amount of people on that board who are only happy when others are in misery seems of civilization. I mean when ol boy tossing sandwiches, there were a ton of jokes here, and that was all fair. However, the amount of celebrating over that man losing his job, because they don't like his writing style, is sick.
Exactly.  It's infuriating.  People should be ashamed of themselves.

Totally. It’s really gross, and permeates almost every thread.

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
That Rowdy guy really hates our guy Greg btw.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I’ll got take a peak and see what the fuss is about.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Outside of thebalo’s dumbass BTK quip what exactly did you take exception to? I saw a couple of sandwich jokes, what am I missing?

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
That Rowdy guy really hates our guy Greg everything btw.

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Outside of thebalo’s dumbass BTK quip what exactly did you take exception to? I saw a couple of sandwich jokes, what am I missing?

Did you stop after page 1?

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
No I read it all, which poster(s) did you feel went over the line?

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Why'd Fitz lay D off?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Why are gE numbers down right now? Doesn’t take a rocket science to understand sports blogs are down during a pandemic, especially ones you have to pay for.

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
we already have two longwinded gasbag asshats in @ksufreak and @ccox, don't need anymore

Do you believe you reap what you sow?

if you do, you'll understand why D Scott gets what he gets

In response to an old woman showing gratitude for dsf being a K-State media voice when we had few back in the day.
Sarcasm font on thick. I like it.

Agreed... he was either the most dense person in America or just being a dbag. I was happy for him and his family that he was sobering up but annoyed how the GPC faithful decided he couldn’t be mocked in any way afterward.

It's exactly the same way people would hold a player accountable for their actions during a play, except this is more important because it's real life and not a game.

People are a reflection of their actions... He can act as "above" it as he wants to, that doesn't change his actions, or how he has treated people since then. I can't count the amount of times people were banned just because they disagreed with something and Dscott replied in the most condescending way possible, until it eventually ended with Fitz banning that person for disagreeing and not just taking the verbal assault Dscott threw at them.

Is it ok to not like him b.c he is a human pos who treats waitresses extremely disrespectful and sleezy when he and fatman would frequent their bar? Just wondering what is ok to have disdain for him and what isn't? How about this, he and fatman asking said waitresses to head back to a motel with the two of them for some "extra" fun? I have plenty of other stories similar to this one as well that have been verified by more than one person.

I mean what line do you draw so I know not to cross it??

There's a few more but I'll stop. Admittedly, on their own, it isn't like someone is calling his wife ugly and his daughter a whore, nothing that atrocious. However, it's just unnecessarily piling on. It's the same 5 or so miserable dipshits yuk yuking it up, all the time, always playing billy badasses, never treating people like actual humans; mracat, rowdypemaw, jarjar, ksufan684, ccox, thebalo, those dudes are toxic all of the time. I don't want to speak for dlew but if you're reading over there a lot, it can get old when every topic devolves into shitting on someone.

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Why'd Fitz lay D off?

They're broke, like everyone else in sports media.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Why'd Fitz lay D off?

Yup!

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I mean we literally have a carbon copy of that thread calling him an Aggieville Creepster delighting in his downward spiral to rehab and live tweeting the whole thing while he was there.   As a side note it was a great re read and your stance has remained unbelievable consistent 5 years later which is remarkable and I really admire you for that.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Why'd Fitz lay D off?

Was this a planned-out thing for some time, like D.Scott had a contract running through September but it was known for a while that it wouldn't be renewed?  Strange timing to assume there's no revenue to justify the employee when football is now actually happening and KSU fans are excited about it this week.

If it was just about being broke, Fitz should've furloughed him (or negotiated some adjustment to any contract) that would have D not working from April through when football was back, and then tried to sell more business with the combo of "football and D.Scott's stories are back!"  Or get even cheaper/free student labor and cut D's salary and see if it gets better. 

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
I mean we literally have a carbon copy of that thread calling him an Aggieville Creepster delighting in his downward spiral to rehab and live tweeting the whole thing while he was there.   As a side note it was a great re read and your stance has remained unbelievable consistent 5 years later which is remarkable and I really admire you for that.

Just because someone was an aggieville creepster 10 years ago doesn't mean they cant change and become a better person. 

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Goddamnit, I just skimmed a shitload of the aggieville creepster thread before figuring out there’s a separate equally long D Scott-specific aggieville creepster thread.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
I think gE had moved way on.  Sad to see anyone with a family lose employment, but to be fair, if you are basing your long term financial viability on writing for GPC even before corona you were ignoring the obvious.  I hope he finds a new gig quickly