Author Topic: Favorite K-State Writer of all time? - It's Jmart, leader of Rivals.com K-State  (Read 144450 times)

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Finally cancelled both GPC and KSO for real. Feels good.

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Putting the old man hat on... one of the best stories Fritch ever wrote was actually a column for the Collegian a little bit before he graduated. It was right after Michael Bishop mania had taken over the campus and the column was all about the 2-3 "other" Michael Bishops who went to K-State (what it was like for them to constantly be mistaken for the football playing Michael Bishop, how they used to get phone calls/emails all the time because there was still a student directory and people would look them up, etc.).

Probably doesn't seem quite as clever 20+ years later, but, at the time, it was a pretty creative angle for a story and much, much different than what anybody else was doing.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
Will miss your posting over at KSO :(

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
There's a few more but I'll stop. Admittedly, on their own, it isn't like someone is calling his wife ugly and his daughter a whore, nothing that atrocious. However, it's just unnecessarily piling on. It's the same 5 or so miserable dipshits yuk yuking it up, all the time, always playing billy badasses, never treating people like actual humans; mracat, rowdypemaw, jarjar, ksufan684, ccox, thebalo, those dudes are toxic all of the time. I don't want to speak for dlew but if you're reading over there a lot, it can get old when every topic devolves into shitting on someone.
Yeah it's exhausting.  Piling on and being snarky about dscott immediately after he loses his job just seemed really mean spirited.  Like MIR said, it's OK to poke fun at the guy when he does something publicly embarrassing, he kind of had that coming. 

But laughing about a guy for losing his job is just cruel. 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Will miss your posting over at KSO :(

Thanks man. That makes me feel good.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Lol
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Putting the old man hat on... one of the best stories Fritch ever wrote was actually a column for the Collegian a little bit before he graduated. It was right after Michael Bishop mania had taken over the campus and the column was all about the 2-3 "other" Michael Bishops who went to K-State (what it was like for them to constantly be mistaken for the football playing Michael Bishop, how they used to get phone calls/emails all the time because there was still a student directory and people would look them up, etc.).

Probably doesn't seem quite as clever 20+ years later, but, at the time, it was a pretty creative angle for a story and much, much different than what anybody else was doing.

:lol: :love:

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Since this became a topic of conversation over the summer I thought some people might want to see an update on Matt Hall, it's important, these people are real.

https://twitter.com/1_MattHall/status/1328470501505847296

Tyler Dreiling has a similar update. I'm glad these gentlemen acknowledged they needed help and are taking the steps to get it.

https://twitter.com/TylerDreiling/status/1330600958838136834

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I’m surprised MH wasn’t diagnosed before. I had kind of Assumed he was on a manic swing when he went to Vegas to buy and sell sports cards. Glad they both are getting help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
Yep.  The Matt Hall tale is a horrifying episode of how hard and fast your life can turn because of your brain betraying you.  A relatively stable, normal guy just flies off the deep end and threw it all away in a matter of months -- notwithstanding a bunch of people reaching out and checking on him. 

Could happen to anyone.  Legitimately really scary.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I just hope he's able to put his life back together, he legitimately lost everything.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
it would be horrible to happen to anybody but especially Matt because he seems like such a good happy hearted dude.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Yea rooting for Matt for sure.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I didn't mean to come across flippant.  Bipolar is in my family and it is absolutely horrible to deal with for the person and for the caregivers and loved ones.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
I didn't mean to come across flippant.  Bipolar is in my family and it is absolutely horrible to deal with for the person and for the caregivers and loved ones.
i didn't read it as you being flippant at all. 

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Being a KSU-credentialed journalist makes you a complete weirdo if you don't get out in time.
Get in, make your fortune, and get out ASAP.  That was always my plan.  There's not a long shelf life.

It’s really time for a scientist to study this for causation/correlation.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
I think the reality of constant interaction and social media is detrimental to the emotional and mental health of a lot of journalist/media types these days, especially sports.

It's not like it used to be when you could just be the guy that writes the stories and columns, or when you were just the guy who was on TV at 10 pm doing the three minute sports report.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I get my qats coverage from the Epoch times so I don't know any of these people

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Agreed.  Even the nice, good natured ones start getting weird.  I think it is social media and also the nature of taking a position on a crappy coach then having to defend it or retreat from it.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Hoping the best for all of them.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
It's pretty wild that KSO hasn't gotten around to replacing Hall.  He left like 7 months ago.