steve dave is a really great poster. :thumbs:

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
Re: Kids
« Reply #301 on: February 04, 2012, 03:03:07 AM »
felix, that plan sounds like dogshit

We're probably gonna have a kid in the next few years anyway. If its during the overseas assignment, we get free daycare, schooling, etc.

And to be completely honest, I already know that you can't fly a foreign doctor in. But I'm just gonna let her have that one for now.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: February 04, 2012, 09:49:19 AM »

We're probably gonna have a kid in the next few years anyway. If its during the overseas assignment, we get free daycare, schooling, etc.

And to be completely honest, I already know that you can't fly a foreign doctor in. But I'm just gonna let her have that one for now.

I think you should name your kid with an Egyptian name if it works out to have him/her there.   

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: February 04, 2012, 10:31:00 AM »

I think you should name your kid with an Egyptian name if it works out to have him/her there.   

king tut

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: February 04, 2012, 10:33:35 AM »

Will do if a girl. Lots of nice Arabic girl names.

Also, the company covers medical costs while we're there. So that's a nice addition to the "pro" column. So basically we can have a kid for free for 3-5 years.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: February 04, 2012, 10:37:34 AM »
how expensive can it be to have a kid though?  they can't eat much. 

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: February 04, 2012, 10:41:42 AM »
I would be afraid the kid would come out Egyptian. Keep an eye out on the Egyptian Schwans man.
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: Kids
« Reply #307 on: February 04, 2012, 10:44:10 AM »
I think you can only give them top shelf liquor.  Something about the cheap stuff is bad for them.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: February 04, 2012, 10:48:51 AM »
how expensive can it be to have a kid though?  they can't eat much.  

They aren't expensive if you stay w/ two incomes. I think a lot of parents have shocks because they go from two incomes to one and instantly start buying diapers and formula and then preschool and crap.

Offline Johnny Wichita

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: February 04, 2012, 10:50:03 AM »

$222,630

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: February 04, 2012, 11:03:04 AM »

They aren't expensive if you stay w/ two incomes. I think a lot of parents have shocks because they go from two incomes to one and instantly start buying diapers and formula and then preschool and crap.

Yeah. That's where the free daycare and private school are nice. Also, we can swaddle our baby in diapers made from the finest Egyptian cotton.

Offline Bloodfart

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I don't run out of gas.
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: February 04, 2012, 11:42:45 AM »
man, bloodfart really puts this all into perspective

The fact that Bloodfart has kids really does a number on my faith in humanity.  :runaway:

Bet you wouldn't believe me if I told you my wife is an MD.
 :popcorn:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: February 04, 2012, 11:46:47 AM »

$222,630
  :horrorsurprise:  :sdeek:  :clac:

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: February 04, 2012, 11:54:32 AM »

That's bullshit...unless both incomes are relatively decent.  I just got my year end statement from daycare back a week or so ago.  I paid just under $20k for a 3 year old and an 18 month old...and that's JUST daycare.  That doesn't include babysitters every so often at $10-$15/hr, diapers, food, toys, clothes, etc.  I would peg the cost of a toddler at right around $15k - $20k per year. :sdeek:

Kids are rough ridin' expensive.  That much isn't up for debate.
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: February 04, 2012, 12:13:07 PM »

That's bullshit...unless both incomes are relatively decent.  I just got my year end statement from daycare back a week or so ago.  I paid just under $20k for a 3 year old and an 18 month old...and that's JUST daycare.  That doesn't include babysitters every so often at $10-$15/hr, diapers, food, toys, clothes, etc.  I would peg the cost of a toddler at right around $15k - $20k per year. :sdeek:

Yeah, this is why so many people go to the one income once #2 comes. 

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #315 on: February 04, 2012, 01:17:07 PM »

We prepared for it by buying a house we could afford on one income.  We've been doing one income for a couple of years now.  It's worked out alright.

But, of course, I'm a KSU grad so, well... :kstategrad:

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: February 04, 2012, 01:43:51 PM »

We prepared for it by buying a house we could afford on one income.  We've been doing one income for a couple of years now.  It's worked out alright.

But, of course, I'm a KSU grad so, well... :kstategrad:

Yeah, well my wife is a social worker and doesn't want to quit her job.  Loves doing good and helping people blah blah. :jerk:  Obviously doesn't get paid crap, so after taxes her employment probably ends up costing us about $10k/year.  :sdeek:

But I'm a K-State grad...so... :kstategrad: ...or whatever.  Still sucks.  :frown:
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: February 04, 2012, 02:19:29 PM »
having first kid in a few months.  question is about this football season, still plan on getting my qatz football tickets, but is this going to be a real pain dealing with an infant?  i know a lot of people don't like kids by them at football games, but the only other alternative is no tickets, which isn't really an option.  is there certain areas of the bill that are more parent/kid friendly?  north ez? 

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: February 04, 2012, 02:30:20 PM »
having first kid in a few months.  question is about this football season, still plan on getting my qatz football tickets, but is this going to be a real pain dealing with an infant?  i know a lot of people don't like kids by them at football games, but the only other alternative is no tickets, which isn't really an option.  is there certain areas of the bill that are more parent/kid friendly?  north ez? 

At that age you should be able to find some family member that would love to have them for a few hours.  I would try hat first

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: February 04, 2012, 02:33:42 PM »

At that age you should be able to find some family member that would love to have them for a few hours.  I would try hat first

Good idea, might be tough for every game though. 

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: February 04, 2012, 02:59:32 PM »
Kids aren't that expensive if you don't take them to daycare.  Mine wear hand me downs, I bought their furniture on craigslist, they don't eat much and can't tell name brand from generic, we do tons of free stuff (library, parks, etc.), bought a $70 year long family pass to the KC Zoo which can knock out 3 hours any nice day. 

There are ways to not go broke, live on one income, and still have nice things for the kids.  Those who say different are working for Babies R Us. 

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: February 04, 2012, 05:41:54 PM »
taxpayers and employers subsidize the cost of children.  the true cost to society is enormous, you selfish breeder fucks.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: February 04, 2012, 05:57:34 PM »
taxpayers and employers subsidize the cost of children.  the true cost to society is enormous, you selfish breeder fucks.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: February 04, 2012, 06:10:39 PM »

I can't argue with this, except to say it's the tyranny of the majority.  Sorry bros.  :frown:

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: Kids
« Reply #324 on: February 04, 2012, 06:16:19 PM »

I happen to BE a taxpayer...and I don't have an employer...so nobody's subsidizing crap for me. And you can GTFOOMF with your "cost to society" drivel. There wouldn't be a society without breeders like myself.  Think about THAT for a minute, sys. Just think about that.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk