Author Topic: Kids  (Read 273026 times)

Offline Bloodfart

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I don't run out of gas.
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Kids
« Reply #350 on: February 10, 2012, 06:55:06 PM »
Look, the truth is, all guys think the way you do before they have kids. Having kids is such an indescribable thing that you just don't understand unless and until you have them...and until you do, everyone else with kids is going to be super rough ridin' annoying to you. Basically every post in this thread is predictable and none of you are unique.
/thread

Thank you for saying that Rams.  Was begining to think i was the only one.  Wait... this isn't fan's dating thread.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: Kids
« Reply #351 on: February 10, 2012, 07:38:21 PM »
So people that have kids that put their kids picture as their profile picture on facebook/twitter and pretty much only post/have pics of their kids on there...have they just given up on their own life and turned it over to the next generation? 

No, they are hoping someone will notice then decide to kidnap their family so that they can return to going to BWW whenevs they want.

Sent from my MB611 using Tapatalk

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: February 10, 2012, 08:15:34 PM »
So people that have kids that put their kids picture as their profile picture on facebook/twitter and pretty much only post/have pics of their kids on there...have they just given up on their own life and turned it over to the next generation? 

No, they are hoping someone will notice then decide to kidnap their family so that they can return to going to BWW whenevs they want.

the only reason i'm on facebook is to post an occasional pic of my kids so friends and family members that i don't see much can see them. if it wasn't for specific requests for me to do this i wouldn't be on facebook at all. so maybe you need to grow up and get a life and stop trying to judge people and things that you don't know anything about steve dave you gigantic dumbass.  :flush:

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: February 10, 2012, 08:24:35 PM »

the only reason i'm on facebook is to post an occasional pic of my kids so friends and family members that i don't see much can see them. if it wasn't for specific requests for me to do this i wouldn't be on facebook at all. so maybe you need to grow up and get a life and stop trying to judge people and things that you don't know anything about steve dave you gigantic dumbass.  :flush:

damn  :frown:

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: February 10, 2012, 08:51:59 PM »
the only reason i'm on facebook is to post an occasional pic of my kids so friends and family members that i don't see much can see them. if it wasn't for specific requests for me to do this i wouldn't be on facebook at all. so maybe you need to grow up and get a life and stop trying to judge people and things that you don't know anything about steve dave you gigantic dumbass.  :flush:

rick daris, is your profile picture one of your kids?

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
Re: Kids
« Reply #355 on: February 10, 2012, 09:02:31 PM »
"Hi, I'm Rick Daris. Wanna be Facebook friends?"

What a joke.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 09:05:20 PM by SkinnyBenny »
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: February 10, 2012, 09:07:27 PM »
the only reason i'm on facebook is to post an occasional pic of my kids so friends and family members that i don't see much can see them. if it wasn't for specific requests for me to do this i wouldn't be on facebook at all. so maybe you need to grow up and get a life and stop trying to judge people and things that you don't know anything about steve dave you gigantic dumbass.  :flush:

rick daris, is your profile picture one of your kids?

Nay, all four. It's sickening.

Offline Bloodfart

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: February 10, 2012, 09:30:48 PM »
In RD's defense I am usually holding one of my kids in my profile pic.   :shakesfist:

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: February 10, 2012, 09:37:37 PM »
Counterpoint to the FB Parenting:

If you created an account solely for the purpose of sharing with family. Why do you have non-family friends?

If you once had a FB account for being social and know it's a shrine to your kids....well....I think that speaks of what you were being accused.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: February 10, 2012, 09:41:44 PM »
Counterpoint to the FB Parenting:

If you created an account solely for the purpose of sharing with family. Why do you have non-family friends?

If you once had a FB account for being social and know it's a shrine to your kids....well....I think that speaks of what you were being accused.

because people friended me and i didn't turn them down. i have about two hundred friends and have never friended a single person.

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: February 10, 2012, 09:51:41 PM »
Look rick, obviously this is a touchy subject with you. Lets just agree to drop it. I don't want to fight anymore.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #361 on: February 10, 2012, 09:52:51 PM »
You guys are being dicks to rick daris.

:frown:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: February 10, 2012, 10:01:22 PM »

yeah. it's really mean guys. also, kids are not in my profile pic. also, i only post about five pictures every two months or so and that's basically all i post. so shove it your asses you total assholes.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: February 10, 2012, 10:07:08 PM »

yeah. it's really mean guys. also, kids are not in my profile pic. also, i only post about five pictures every two months or so and that's basically all i post. so shove it your asses you total assholes.

Well I don't even have a FB account!!!!!!!!!

Seriously though, if in the future I have children and I become what I am making fun of right now, I'll be the first to admit it, and post a link to the site where I have all kinds of pics of  my children. etc.
Until then, I'll  just be a single guy taking shots at the in love, married, parents, etc.

:cheers: RD :cheers:

Offline Bloodfart

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: February 10, 2012, 10:17:26 PM »

Just let mrs. RD post the pic.  I just let my wife worry about posting new pics of the kids.  Then I cherry pic from her account and post them to mine. That way it looks like I put forth  the effort of down loading and posting these great pics.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #365 on: February 10, 2012, 10:25:20 PM »

Just let mrs. RD post the pic.  I just let my wife worry about posting new pics of the kids.  Then I cherry pic from her account and post them to mine. That way it looks like I put forth  the effort of down loading and posting these great pics.

:thumbs:

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: February 10, 2012, 10:27:21 PM »
Just found out that the 2 couples that we hang out with the most are each both expecting with their first child.  My best friend from college got his wife pregnant 6 months ago.  Mrs. Hamburglar and I are both happy for all of them, but are both going through that "our lives with our best friends are never going to be the same" phase.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #367 on: February 10, 2012, 10:28:30 PM »
I fill my facebook with posts of my cats and rare wooden puzzles.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: February 10, 2012, 10:31:43 PM »

:thumbs:

well no crap. people will take pics of my kids or whatever and then tag me and then i'm good. also, facebook is only good because of the pictures. things i like about facebook- 1)when people that i care about post pictures of them or their kids doing something interesting or something-vacation, sports, interesting stuff, etc. 2) there is no 2.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 12:37:27 AM by rick daris »

Offline Bloodfart

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: February 10, 2012, 11:51:10 PM »
Just found out that the 2 couples that we hang out with the most are each both expecting with their first child.  My best friend from college got his wife pregnant 6 months ago.  Mrs. Hamburglar and I are both happy for all of them, but are both going through that "our lives with our best friends are never going to be the same" phase.

Better just plan on doing more  things at their/your house.  My good friend kind of took a break from me when we had our first kid.  It was kinda hard on me, and I never really got over it.   

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: February 11, 2012, 12:31:39 AM »
Agree with RD on facebook.   I've fully accepted that I'm out of touch with most people that I would consider "Kids".... but I'm pretty sure facebook is now lame.  And is only still usable because of the reasons RD mentioned.

Also:

<-----------  This is HeinBallz's oldest son.
Good is better than Evil because it's nicer.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: February 11, 2012, 12:44:24 AM »
Agree with RD on facebook.   I've fully accepted that I'm out of touch with most people that I would consider "Kids".... but I'm pretty sure facebook is now lame.  And is only still usable because of the reasons RD mentioned.

Also:

<-----------  This is HeinBallz's oldest son.

facebook is great for whatever you need/want it for and horrible for the other 90%. that's true regardless. people are going to complain about it because of the 90% that they don't care about but they'll stay for the 10% that they do. keep complaining until you figure that out facebook people.  dumbasses.

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: February 11, 2012, 01:07:16 AM »
Parents should make facebook pages for their kids.  That way, if you care about those kids, you can friend them and read about how funny they are and the awesome pictures that they take.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: February 11, 2012, 01:19:56 AM »

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: February 11, 2012, 01:31:16 AM »
Parents should make facebook pages for their kids.  That way, if you care about those kids, you can friend them and read about how funny they are and the awesome pictures that they take.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

that's the way facebook is moving and i should probably do this and cancel my adult account. look, i hate people that post every other day about their dumbass kids and how hard their life is more than you guys do. trust me. it's painful.  i just don't hate the person that posts twice a month with three pictures of his kids and the kids dominate their profile or whatever.