« Reply #2801 on: May 25, 2021, 03:26:05 PM »
They both suck. That kid's scream! 
The dad had on a Trump "Salt Bae" shirt

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Kids
« Reply #2802 on: May 25, 2021, 10:35:56 PM »
I will never understand the gender reveal craze.  Finding out the gender of your child at birth is one of the few true surprises someone will ever experience.  We have three kids and each one was a mystery until the moment of truth.
@mikec2w

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2803 on: May 26, 2021, 06:22:47 AM »
I will never understand the gender reveal craze.  Finding out the gender of your child at birth is one of the few true surprises someone will ever experience.  We have three kids and each one was a mystery until the moment of truth.

I don't get it either and it has nothing to do with the surprise part, but I can get that too.

It's the ridiculousness, destruction of property, and even death that has gone into far too many of them. I can get behind being excited to know, wanting to know, and even sharing that moment with a few people. But then like most things it got to a point where it became dumb af what was/is happening.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #2804 on: May 26, 2021, 06:30:13 AM »
Our reveal was the ultrasound tech pointing an arrow to the girl bits.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #2805 on: June 07, 2021, 10:38:06 AM »
Some scary ass crap went down this weekend. We put lil wacky to bed and he wrestled around for a bit, before it started to sound like he was chocking on something. I was very confused, because we don't keep anything in his crib. Anyways, we rushed to get him and he could barely breath and it looked like his eyes were rolling to the back of his head. Terrified as crap, I started to punch his back a bit, but Mrs. Wacky told me to stop, because I didn't know what I was doing. So we put him in the car to the emergency room (literally just down the street from us). Once we got there, his breathing started to pick up again, but still didn't sound normal. What was the cause? Early stages of croup. Scariest crap I've witnessed so far as a parent. He's doing better now. They put him on some steroids.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2806 on: June 07, 2021, 10:54:10 AM »
Some scary ass crap went down this weekend. We put lil wacky to bed and he wrestled around for a bit, before it started to sound like he was chocking on something. I was very confused, because we don't keep anything in his crib. Anyways, we rushed to get him and he could barely breath and it looked like his eyes were rolling to the back of his head. Terrified as crap, I started to punch his back a bit, but Mrs. Wacky told me to stop, because I didn't know what I was doing. So we put him in the car to the emergency room (literally just down the street from us). Once we got there, his breathing started to pick up again, but still didn't sound normal. What was the cause? Early stages of croup. Scariest crap I've witnessed so far as a parent. He's doing better now. They put him on some steroids.

Parenting: A Full Contact Sport

Glad little Wacks is okay

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2807 on: June 07, 2021, 11:05:29 AM »
 :thumbs:

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2808 on: June 07, 2021, 11:09:49 AM »
If the first time you hear the croup bark is your kid in the middle of the night, that can scare the crap out of you.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2809 on: June 07, 2021, 09:25:35 PM »
Taking your kid to the emergency room is not fun. Been there.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2810 on: June 07, 2021, 09:28:55 PM »
Agreed!

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2811 on: June 09, 2021, 08:29:03 AM »
can we get an update on your kiddo? hope everything is going well today.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2812 on: June 09, 2021, 08:38:38 AM »
He's good. Most of the crud got out by Monday afternoon. I didn't realize it was a temporary thing or if he might have to battle it down the road too. He was a little stuffy this morning, but happy as a clam. Thanks for asking!  :thumbs:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2813 on: June 09, 2021, 08:40:31 AM »
lil sd had a nice 2 night stay in the hospital last weekend. Third time for asthma. No ambulance ride this time though. Had to miss a baseball practice which was the biggest bummer for him. He’s broken 3 bones as well. He just turned 8. Crazy amount of medical care for this kid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2814 on: June 09, 2021, 08:48:46 AM »
Sorry man,

Asthma sucks

How do they treat it? Loads of steroids?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Kids
« Reply #2815 on: June 09, 2021, 08:54:06 AM »
Steady stream Albuterol and O2 until he stabilized. Then regular albuterol treatments at longer periods until he was stable to be released. Inhaled steroid morning and night along with oral steroids. Now off the oral but inhaled will stay for a year or so until we reevaluate him. Sucks but we’ve been through this a few times so we know the drill.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2816 on: June 09, 2021, 09:07:24 AM »
glad that he's feeling better.

About six years ago, one of my kiddos was in the PICU with a bad asthma exacerbation. It really scared the crap out of me. She is a trooper about taking her controller meds and hasn't had any more ER visits or hospital stays since then. 

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2817 on: June 09, 2021, 09:19:35 AM »
Dang, guys, sorry to hear. Happy to hear everyone is doing better.

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2818 on: June 09, 2021, 12:50:21 PM »
I had allergy asthma as a kid and would go for breathing treatments in elementary school.

I’m lucky because I mostly grew out of it. As I got bigger, the airways all got bigger, made it less of a problem. I Still have albuterol but really only need it if running, allergy season. Fall is my worst time.

Hope yours can grow out of some of that

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2819 on: June 09, 2021, 12:56:49 PM »
I had allergy asthma as a kid and would go for breathing treatments in elementary school.

I’m lucky because I mostly grew out of it. As I got bigger, the airways all got bigger, made it less of a problem. I Still have albuterol but really only need it if running, allergy season. Fall is my worst time.

Yep, I did as well which gives me hope. His is always virus induced. He'll pop a fever and start having asthma attacks. It's scary because he doesn't breath loudly or noisy but just gets lethargic. and you ask him if he's breathing ok and he says yes. but then you check his O2 and are like "holy crap get in the car we're going to the ER" while giving him his rescue inhaler. we are getting better at watching or the signs of it.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2820 on: June 09, 2021, 01:25:49 PM »

Wheat dust was a huge trigger for my asthma as kid. I would beg dad to let me go help him with wheat harvest and then end up having asthma attacks. I remember sitting up all night in a chair trying to breathe. Also, running through cow lots filled with ragweeds with my cousins would make my asthma pretty bad. Now that I live in town, I usually only have trouble after a bad cold.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2821 on: June 09, 2021, 06:26:50 PM »
Wheat dust was a huge trigger for my asthma as kid.

me too.  i thought i was crazy allergic to wheat (but not eating it, obviously) for the longest time, but then when i finally got tested it turns out i'm just crazy allergic to some mold that lives on wheat.

anyways allergies and asthma suck.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #2822 on: June 29, 2021, 09:14:01 AM »
 :emawkid: btw we’re odd and have had all home births

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2823 on: June 29, 2021, 03:52:21 PM »
:emawkid: btw we’re odd and have had all home births

what is the upside of doing this over the normal way?

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2824 on: June 29, 2021, 07:44:06 PM »
yla, are you 100% on the at home thing?
i just can’t imagine deciding to put mom and baby at any additional risk that’s not already inherent in pregnancy

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.