Author Topic: Kids  (Read 285647 times)

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Kids
« Reply #2525 on: November 25, 2020, 03:58:49 PM »
There are definitely milestones markers that make it easier. Next two big steps are getting in/out of car by themselves and being able to say “go take a shower” and 15-20 minutes later they reappear showered.

We did force some things to do themselves on our kids early & some they just wanted to do. They can tell time & know to play by themselves in the living room until 8:30 on the weekends. For a long time we’ve been able to say “go get dressed” and they come back with clothes on. In our girls’ schools most of the moms still think of their kids as their dolls and pick their matching cloths/shoes/socks/hair ties every day. We don’t give a crap. Most days our girls have random mixed up prints shirts/pants. 90% of the time their socks don’t match. Usually the little one pulls her socks over her pants so she can show them off. Whatever they come out of their rooms in is what they wear.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 04:09:08 PM by TheHamburglar »
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #2526 on: November 25, 2020, 04:56:11 PM »
Days 8-11 have kicked our ass. Little WW has turned really really gassy and his breastfeeding is slipping. I may need to head over to the big vasectomy thread. T's & P's needed.

WW as soon as mrs BAC stopped giving in to what she was perceiving as societal pressure to breast feed, things got easier. i mean, don't get me wrong, we're 6 weeks in and our little peanut can be an absolute ghoul sometimes, but when we were like screw this and mrs BAC just pumped instead...the whole feeding routine got a zillion times less stressful.

Obviously pumping + bottle feeding is the maximum amount of work possible, but it was important to us to try to avoid formula so this is how we are able to feed her breastmilk w/o spending 18 hours out of the day going through the feeding ritual.  Plus since its bottles i can help out and feed her and let mrs BAC get some sleep.

the last 24 hours have been much better thankfully. i was really close to asking her when she thought it was time to throw in the towel, but she was already having a rough time so I didn't figure that would help anything. she has a couple lactation consultant friends which have helped.

We started to use the gas drops Mylicon and that seemed to maybe help? idk it was hard to be sure. We also bought some infant probiotics but haven't tried that yet. wanted to give the drops a shot first.

Good to hear that while things may not get easier, they won't suck as bad as the early months.

Also breastfeeding is wild. Just boobs 24/7 here and not caring if the blinds are open or not
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #2527 on: November 26, 2020, 09:11:26 AM »
Heh milk boobs definitely falling the dgaf what you think category. They need to be relieved and relieved now.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2528 on: November 26, 2020, 04:54:53 PM »
My 9 year old daughter is a train wreck right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Samsies man, some days I want to kick her ass

How so guys? Nicname jr, while great overall, is a terrible listener. Well, he's decent at the listening. It's the following instruction promptly and moving with purpose part he's very subpar at.

She's a wonderful kid, outside of the house, her teachers love her and she's popular at school, definitely too popular. At home she's an bad person, classic middle kid, always picking fights, snitchin', talking back to mom.
Sounds about right

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2529 on: December 04, 2020, 06:02:48 PM »
update: days 20 and 21 have kicked our ass. i am 99% sure we have a gassy/colicky baby. Starting to be inconsolable for 45 minutes after each feeding.
been pretty emotional today wondering if something is wrong. plus feeling resentment towards parents who seem to have a "happy" baby. not proud of it.
Thankfully my mother-in-law will be staying with us starting Sunday. I start working from home on Monday so this will be a big help.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2530 on: December 04, 2020, 06:14:13 PM »
Hang in there bud, it will get better but 7 days can feel like 7 months at this stage.  Has the little guy peed on you yet? I still remember changing a diaper and getting a face full of piss.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2531 on: December 04, 2020, 06:19:37 PM »
Hang in there bud, it will get better but 7 days can feel like 7 months at this stage.  Has the little guy peed on you yet? I still remember changing a diaper and getting a face full of piss.

thanks ww. one day at a time

just a little during bath time. i did watch him shart 3 inches right into his awaiting diaper during a change. that was cool. surprisingly i've enjoyed the diaper process so far. super pud thing i worried too much about going in 
- chunkles

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #2532 on: December 05, 2020, 10:26:24 AM »

thanks ww. one day at a time

just a little during bath time. i did watch him shart 3 inches right into his awaiting diaper during a change. that was cool. surprisingly i've enjoyed the diaper process so far. super pud thing i worried too much about going in
Ha. Brings back memories. Oldest shot a shart off the changing table once. Impressive trajectory. Hang in there.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2533 on: December 05, 2020, 10:34:02 AM »
My mom did a wipe on a big wet stinky diaper during thanksgiving dinner that I was tag teaming with her and it sprayed baby crap on to my face and into my mouth and I started yelling and dry heaving while she was laughing and everyone came running from the table upon that scene.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2534 on: December 05, 2020, 11:05:53 AM »
:sdeek:

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2535 on: December 05, 2020, 03:11:53 PM »
update: days 20 and 21 have kicked our ass. i am 99% sure we have a gassy/colicky baby. Starting to be inconsolable for 45 minutes after each feeding.
been pretty emotional today wondering if something is wrong. plus feeling resentment towards parents who seem to have a "happy" baby. not proud of it.
Thankfully my mother-in-law will be staying with us starting Sunday. I start working from home on Monday so this will be a big help.
FWIW - I think lots of new parents (including us) went through a similar phase of being convinced about colic. Tried simethicone and all that. Ultimately time helps more than anything, but for us the most effective thing for at least helping with spit up was just holding them on your chest/upright for a good 30-40 minutes after eating.  Great excuse for sitting on the couch and watching football.

Also, for our first especially we ended up determining he was actually just still hungry and wanting more. Growth spurts can look a lot like gas/colic when it comes to inexplicably crying just 30 minutes after a meal.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2536 on: December 05, 2020, 03:21:56 PM »
Thanks catastrophe. We had a family friend come by for a little bit yesterday and and give us a small break. Their observation was similar and recommended we should get him upright for longer and keep burping longer than we were.
We've definitely noticed the "still hungry" signs a few times. He gained over 1lb from week 1 to week 2, so he may just like to eat.
He's had a much better day today and he slept fairly well last night. appreciate the insight.
- chunkles

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2537 on: December 05, 2020, 05:29:32 PM »
My mom did a wipe on a big wet stinky diaper during thanksgiving dinner that I was tag teaming with her and it sprayed baby crap on to my face and into my mouth and I started yelling and dry heaving while she was laughing and everyone came running from the table upon that scene.

thank you for this, KK. Sounds like an awful/awesome thing depending on which end you were on.
- chunkles

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2538 on: December 05, 2020, 08:51:09 PM »
hang in there WW. it gets WAY easier and better and just incredible actually. it's easy for me to say now obviously but it's true.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #2539 on: December 07, 2020, 09:04:55 AM »
I put on noise cancelling headphones with some relaxing tunes.. helps some fyi
but honestly you are not awful parents if you have to put him somewhere safe and walk away for a few minutes where you can't hear him.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #2540 on: December 07, 2020, 09:19:20 AM »
Hey WilWat we just started using the Dr Brown anti-colic bottles that have the little vent tube inside and she still spits up a bunch but so far i'd say its helped. Also mrs BAC wanted me to try burping her this way and it seems to work a little better than the patting on the back method:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6boVy5aF4kg[/youtube]

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2541 on: December 07, 2020, 12:27:52 PM »
I put on noise cancelling headphones with some relaxing tunes.. helps some fyi
but honestly you are not awful parents if you have to put him somewhere safe and walk away for a few minutes where you can't hear him.

Not a thing wrong with putting them in their crib, making sure they’re safe & walking away for 5-10 minutes.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2542 on: December 07, 2020, 01:13:37 PM »
WW, we would put our colicky baby on top of the running dryer in her carseat and often times she calmed down.  Give it a try.  Or if that is bad parenting don't do it, I'm not sure.

Also WW, it's ok to have annoyed feelings towards those with "quiet" babies.  One time when our 1st (the colicky one) was a baby we went out to eat with 2 sets of friends who also had babies and their babies were super chill and ours screamed the whole time and then exploded poop out of her diaper onto the floor at Texas Roadhouse.  Horrifying at the time, now a hilarious memory.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 01:17:30 PM by _33 »

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2543 on: December 07, 2020, 07:17:38 PM »
Hey WilWat we just started using the Dr Brown anti-colic bottles that have the little vent tube inside and she still spits up a bunch but so far i'd say its helped. Also mrs BAC wanted me to try burping her this way and it seems to work a little better than the patting on the back method:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6boVy5aF4kg[/youtube]

will add this to the rotation, thanks!

WW, we would put our colicky baby on top of the running dryer in her carseat and often times she calmed down.  Give it a try.  Or if that is bad parenting don't do it, I'm not sure.

Also WW, it's ok to have annoyed feelings towards those with "quiet" babies.  One time when our 1st (the colicky one) was a baby we went out to eat with 2 sets of friends who also had babies and their babies were super chill and ours screamed the whole time and then exploded poop out of her diaper onto the floor at Texas Roadhouse.  Horrifying at the time, now a hilarious memory.

:lol:
- chunkles

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2544 on: December 11, 2020, 09:35:23 AM »
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2545 on: December 11, 2020, 10:22:46 AM »
I had no idea 1900 was so gravel-less.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2546 on: December 11, 2020, 04:10:23 PM »
"aggregates (gravel, etc.)" is not man-made, wtf?

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2547 on: December 14, 2020, 11:47:12 AM »
Both of my girls, 9.5 and almost 6 packed a suitcase to find a new family yesterday.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2548 on: December 14, 2020, 11:47:54 AM »
In response to saying no to a playdate with a kid that we really don't know and cleaning out old clothes from the dresser respectively.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2549 on: December 14, 2020, 12:24:03 PM »
lmao