Author Topic: Kids  (Read 273015 times)

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Kids
« Reply #950 on: February 22, 2015, 07:23:05 PM »
Life is an appropriate length for most.

i don't think it is.  maybe it looks different at different times in your life - you are a good bit younger than i am.

one thing i strongly advocate is for people to consider life decisions from the viewpoint of how much a year of their lives are worth.  not from the how much could i earn with this time if i devoted it to earning as much as i could framework, but from the view that those number of years is very limited.

I mostly agree with this. 

But not all years are equal. 

For example: I would rather have good years now (while also trying to avoid completely sitting/smoking/drinking/eating my way to oblivion) than toil away in the hope that my 80's are some sort of dream by running every day, taking vitamin supplements and denying myself the pleasures of food and drink.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: February 22, 2015, 07:23:50 PM »
Not to offend anyone, but I think I want to check out around 80.  Have had some fam and friends make late eighties to late nineties and no thank you.

Having kids in my mid to late twenties and two years apart only created a 1-2 yr run where my career and family basically was just sanity survival.  I am very happy I did that then and not now, though.  I am very much an enjoy the journey guy.

Yes.

The Big Train

« Reply #952 on: February 22, 2015, 07:26:19 PM »
all 3 of my kids will be outta the house by the time im 36  :Woot:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: February 22, 2015, 07:28:58 PM »
all 3 of my kids will be outta the house by the time im 36  :Woot:
Divorce is tough, from what I hear.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: February 22, 2015, 07:36:20 PM »
me and my gorgeous bride have 7 children (4 boys, 3 girls) ages ranging from 8 months to 11 yrs old.
those kids are the reason i get out of bed every day and put a smile on my face when i lay down at night.
i encourage everyone to take a minute each day and write a letter to your congressman asking for an autograph.

You started having kids at 15 as I recall, those kids should be out of the house and far away so you can start living at age 36.

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: February 22, 2015, 07:37:56 PM »
I expect my kids to go to college. Outside of that, I don't care if they want to live in my house for a few years once they're adults. If anything, it sounds nice.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: February 22, 2015, 07:38:52 PM »

me and my gorgeous bride have 7 children (4 boys, 3 girls) ages ranging from 8 months to 11 yrs old.
those kids are the reason i get out of bed every day and put a smile on my face when i lay down at night.
i encourage everyone to take a minute each day and write a letter to your congressman asking for an autograph.

You started having kids at 15 as I recall, those kids should be out of the house and far away so you can start living at age 36.
yep 36 and retired from the rat race of parenting
life's good

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: February 22, 2015, 07:39:07 PM »
I expect my kids to go to college. Outside of that, I don't care if they want to live in my house for a few years once they're adults. If anything, it sounds nice.

push em out so you can haul ass to Lollapalooza

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: February 22, 2015, 08:43:47 PM »
not all years are equal. 

yes.  you should discount late-life years for reduced quality of life, risk of severely reduced health and risk of not reaching those years.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: February 22, 2015, 09:10:08 PM »
Just don't have kids....don't have to decide if the 20s or 50s is better not to have them around  :ck:

The Big Train

« Reply #960 on: February 22, 2015, 09:11:57 PM »
Just don't have kids....don't have to decide if the 20s or 50s is better not to have them around  :ck:

thats a good plan until surprises happen

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: February 22, 2015, 09:12:17 PM »
No kids so far for mocat

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: February 22, 2015, 09:37:01 PM »
This board loves discussions of "How old should I be when I get married/have kids etc" and I find those discussions kind of silly. Your life is unique, like a someone who makes me uncomfortable.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: February 22, 2015, 09:39:11 PM »
This board loves discussions of "How old should I be when I get married/have kids etc" and I find those discussions kind of silly. Your life is unique, like a someone who makes me uncomfortable.

It's a gold mine to be judgie tho.  I love that

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: February 22, 2015, 09:41:29 PM »

of course. its fun. I do it too

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: February 22, 2015, 09:42:00 PM »

of course. its fun. I do it too

See.  Snowflakes.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: February 23, 2015, 07:20:16 AM »
you're not a special someone who makes me uncomfortable, cf3.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: February 23, 2015, 09:11:11 AM »

Yes. Exactly. I had fun in my 20s because I didn't have to worry about some kids using up all my money and I'll have fun in my 50s because I don't have to worry about some kids needing a babysitter. It sucks when you have to find new friends to have fun with since your old friends started having kids, though.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: February 23, 2015, 10:11:19 AM »

Yes. Exactly. I had fun in my 20s because I didn't have to worry about some kids using up all my money and I'll have fun in my 50s because I don't have to worry about some kids needing a babysitter. It sucks when you have to find new friends to have fun with since your old friends started having kids, though.

goEMAW:  The Goochs' choice for friendship when their real friends start having kids

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: February 23, 2015, 10:29:40 AM »

goEMAW:  The Goochs' choice for friendship when their real friends start having kids

the word

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: February 23, 2015, 03:48:10 PM »

Saturday was fun.
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: February 24, 2015, 10:55:25 AM »
I had my kids at 26 and 29 and we were the first in our friend group to have kids, so that kind of sucked when we would either have to take a baby to a party or pay a baby sitter, but now all our friends are having babies and we feel like the "pro" parents. If I could do it over I might have waited a year or two longer to have kids. There is no "perfect" time to have kids, but every person will be ready (financially, maturity) at a different time.

Having kids is the ultimate "grow up" moment, when another life depends on you, crap gets real.
I'm purple down

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: February 24, 2015, 11:25:52 AM »
I'm enjoying my kid.  He will make me want another.   :thumbs:
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: March 05, 2015, 03:05:40 PM »
Mikey Jr. #2 comes tomorrow morning.    :ohno: