Author Topic: Is it fair for Transgenders to compete in sports as who they think they are? No  (Read 40530 times)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
 :lol:

You literally referred to my uncle. GTFOH, MIR! Like that had any relevancy.  :facepalm:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The #blueanon narrative that there is no basis in science is also bullshit.

https://www.bmj.com/company/newsroom/current-treatment-period-may-be-too-short-to-remove-competitive-advantage-of-transgender-athletes/

Who is saying they don't have an advantage?

Most people who have looked at the actual very isolated cases of this happening would say that. First of all saying all transgendered athletes have X. Is silly, there are no absolutes.

Dax's link deals in the hypothetical, you can very easily look at actual cases to see there's no basis to the claim that transgender athletes, specifically male to female, have a built in advantage. The case that gets conservatives the most worked up, MMA fighter Fallon Fox, who won her first fight, proceeded to lose to fighters who were born as women. The trans woman who was on New Zealand's Olympic weightlifting team this summer that everyone got worked up about didn't even make the initial lift. She went to the Olympics and couldn't make one single lift and that's a strength event.

Lia Thomas is getting these fast times because of her body type, she's tall. It's also worth noting that she was a fast swimmer when she was competing as a man
https://www.swimmingworldmagazine.com/news/lia-thomas-transgender-swimmer-from-penn-swims-fastest-times-in-nation-controversy-brewing/

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
:lol:

You literally referred to my uncle. GTFOH, MIR! Like that had any relevancy.  :facepalm:

Yeah, I pointed out your obvious hypocrisy. It's fine wacky, I didn't point it out with the expectation of you publicly admitting you shouldn't have done that. I'm certain you realize you mumped up by trying to be funny by misgendering Lia Thomas, we can drop it.

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Then why are you insulting the athlete instead of discussing a solution?
I was trying to institute how a parent would feel, if their daughter fell short to make the team or get a scholarship, because someone jumped from the men's team to the women's team in a matter of years.

Also, MIR, my uncle would agree with me on this position FWIW. I guess I'm just a big ole transphobe when it comes to athletics.
You still seem to be missing MIR’s main issue with your post, which is you referred to someone as “him” when they clearly don’t want to be referred to as a man.

And if your daughter is on that much of a razor’s edge that a trans athlete ends up costing her a scholarship, I really don’t think any healthy parent would be that upset.

I don't believe you have ever met a parent of an athlete good enough to be on the razor's edge for a D1 scholarship.
I certainly haven’t in the context of the farcical hypothetical suggested by 420cat.

Online LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
420 is just concerned that the daughter he doesn't have might be denied opportunities by a trans athlete that doesn't exist while recovering from the murder of his uncle by Common that didn't happen.

give the guy a break

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Tell me you guys never played competitive sports, without telling me you ever played competitive sports.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2021, 10:25:03 AM by 420seriouscat69 »

Online LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
 :confused:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
I'd like my daughter to actually compete against these trans athletes.  Seems they aren't very good and my studettes would dust them.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The usual #blueanonGe suspects will continue to roll out the usual hypothetical's and one-offs to defend their positions.   

The British study was quite clear in recommending to International sport oversight bodies that hormone suppression should go beyond one year. 

Adult male athletes have on average a 20% performance advantage their female counterparts, and in certain events and movements that advantage goes as high as 35%.   

Additional studies show that transgendered women, even after two years of therapy retain up to a 12% performance advantage over cis-gendered women and based on the limitations of actual performance studies, that number is likely on the low side.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
The usual #blueanonGe suspects will continue to roll out the usual hypothetical's and one-offs to defend their positions.   

Who are you talking about and what is their position?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
I see at least one big advantage to cisgendered girls competing in these instances and with respect to being recruited or drafted to a higher level.
 Such competitions are apparently newsworthy, so there'll be more attention and eyeballs on the event and maybe a greater chance of becoming aware to and then observed and noticed by a recruiter/scout.

In something like a swimming competition, the times are the times.  So is each swimmer's skills and technique.  If next-level opportunities simply came down to who won at a lower-level event, then recruiting/scouting would be a dead industry.  And in something where there's direct competition like basketball, I have faith in recruiters and scouts that they can still correctly note a girl's rebounding ability even if that one game is against a larger center.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Congrats to Lia Thomas for winning the 1650 Freestyle in Akron by 38 seconds, while also setting the nations best mark for the 200 meter freestyle and obliterating numerous Ivy League and Penn Women's swimming records.

The message to cis-gendered female athletes:  Mind your business . . . oh, and strive to be better while keeping your mouth shut

Online yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
I think at this point we just need to let everyone compete against everyone and let them do whatever performance enhancing drugs they want.
Let's see how great we can be!

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Congrats to Lia Thomas for winning the 1650 Freestyle in Akron by 38 seconds, while also setting the nations best mark for the 200 meter freestyle and obliterating numerous Ivy League and Penn Women's swimming records.

The message to cis-gendered female athletes:  Mind your business . . . oh, and strive to be better while keeping your mouth shut

Why would the message be different that them getting their asses kicked by any other cisgender woman? Why would the message be different than it would if they got beat by Simone Manuel, Katie Ledecky, or Allison Schmidt? There are 50 girls and women on the US Swim team over half of them are in college or are high schoolers, are we giving the girls competing against Olympians special pep talks?

It's an insult to say that this is about the women Lia competes against, y'all really don't care about that. It's about transgender women, it isn't about unfair advantages, that's absurd. Just like critical race theory debates aren't about critical race theory because no elementary, middle, or high school teacher teaches that crap. These culture warriors have to constantly lie about this stuff because they know they're being immortal.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Nobody is losing a scholar ship or not making a team because a trans kid took their spot

GTFOOH with that bull crap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
It's literally 100% about unfair advantages on my end, but make up whatever rational in your head to fit your agenda, bud. Go cats and Happy Friday (FriYAY!)!

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
If you think college swim coaches are out beating the bushes for the next great trans swimmer to give a schollie to, lmfao

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
It's literally 100% about unfair advantages on my end, but make up whatever rational in your head to fit your agenda, bud. Go cats and Happy Friday (FriYAY!)!
So I take it you feel the same way about HS athletes who can afford personal trainers, dieticians, equipment, etc. not available to like 90% of HS students?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
So I take it you feel the same way about HS athletes who can afford personal trainers, dieticians, equipment, etc. not available to like 90% of HS students?
So now your spitting out hypotheticals too? I don't know anyone like that (and neither do you) and neither is the same, but sure, cat. Genes > personal trainers. It's ok if you think it's fair for a transgenger to go from competing with males to competing vs females. That's your opinion, but stop being rough ridin' weirdos about people who think it might be unfair. Your wokeness is at another level.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile

That's not the same.  wack isn't being insane, a man undergoing transition competing against women has some inherent unfairness.  It is just so incredibly rare, isolated and inconsequential that it's an obvious dog whistle for clay travis and hale razor to generate retweets.

This guy didn't undergo this process to whip ass in the Ivy league the winter of 2021. 

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

That's not the same.  wack isn't being insane, a man undergoing transition competing against women has some inherent unfairness.  It is just so incredibly rare, isolated and inconsequential that it's an obvious dog whistle for clay travis and hale razor to generate retweets.

This guy didn't undergo this process to whip ass in the Ivy league the winter of 2021. 

This

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
I don't think it's a particularly good argument, but my cousin is a private trainer for rich hs baseball kids. It's pretty common in TX, 420seriouscat69.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
100% and thank you! All of that is correct, 'stone.