Author Topic: Is it fair for Transgenders to compete in sports as who they think they are? No  (Read 40582 times)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
I'd be really pissed if my daughter was getting beat by him. Especially at that level.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I'd be really pissed if my daughter was getting beat by him. Especially at that level.
It’s now costing non major sport scholarship opportunities because many schools don’t have the budgets to scout/attend all state championship events.  So cisgendered athletes being pushed down the rankings or podium finishes by transgendered athletes are in some cases missing recruitment opportunities. 

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
It’s now costing non major sport scholarship opportunities because many schools don’t have the budgets to scout/attend all state championship events.  So cisgendered athletes being pushed down the rankings or podium finishes by transgendered athletes are in some cases missing recruitment opportunities.
Where is this happening, Dax?

And Wacky, just don’t tell your daughter that people born male are automatically superior at sports. Records are made to be broken.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Where is this happening, Dax?

And Wacky, just don’t tell your daughter that people born male are automatically superior at sports. Records are made to be broken.
There was a lawsuit in Connecticut for starters.

But I appreciate your message to cisgendered female athletes that they just need to do better.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
blueanon

duh

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Is it fair for Transgenders to compete in sports as who they think they are? No
« Reply #82 on: December 07, 2021, 01:10:44 PM »
The #blueanon narrative that there is no basis in science is also bullshit.

https://www.bmj.com/company/newsroom/current-treatment-period-may-be-too-short-to-remove-competitive-advantage-of-transgender-athletes/
The #blueanon narrative is that no one is switching genders in order to gain a competitive advantage among their peers. Without bothering to look it up, I’m also pretty confident that trans athletes who compete at high enough levels to overshadow otherwise scholarship athletes are extremely rare.

The link you posted suggests that most competitive advantages disappear after two years on hormone therapy.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2021, 01:13:45 PM by catastrophe »

Online yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile

https://www.bmj.com/company/newsroom/current-treatment-period-may-be-too-short-to-remove-competitive-advantage-of-transgender-athletes/
The #blueanon narrative is that no one is switching genders in order to gain a competitive advantage among their peers.

The link you posted suggests that most competitive advantages disappear after two years on hormone therapy.
So that person should have to wait two years to compete then, right?

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Is it fair for Transgenders to compete in sports as who they think they are? No
« Reply #84 on: December 07, 2021, 01:16:21 PM »

The #blueanon narrative is that no one is switching genders in order to gain a competitive advantage among their peers.

So that person should have to wait two years to compete then, right?
To compete at professional or elite levels like the Olympics or pro sports, I think that would be an entirely reasonable standard to put in place if the science backs it up.

To compete in something like HS track (where I’d venture to guess over 90% of participants have no real stake in the outcome) I think it’s a bit ridiculous.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Once a cisgendered female reclaims that record, I hope she teabags everyones' faces off.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

So all that talk about your gay uncle was just total bullshit. Figures.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

How do the two even compare? I knew you’d come in here all hot and bothered. Jesus, relax. If you think it’s fair, that’s your opinion, MAN.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2021, 03:30:25 AM by 420seriouscat69 »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

How do the two even compare? I knew you’d come in here all hot and bothered. Jesus, relax. If you think it’s fair, that’s your opinion, MAN.

Purposefully misgendering someone you've never met because they got some fast swimming times is totally reasonable and definitely different than some stranger calling your uncle a man of taste and distinction. Really good point wacky.

Also are you trying to shame me for taking exception you to bring a bigot? LOL, my sentence constitutes me getting "hot and bothered" but you misgendering that woman isn't? Good stuff as always.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
420seriouscat69, statements like that really make it seem like you're bothered by more than perceived competitive advantages
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
 :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Being on board with gay rights, same sex marriage, etc. and also thinking a transgender athlete shouldn't have an advantage in said sports, are completely different things, MIR. But go off, KING!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2021, 08:31:46 AM by 420seriouscat69 »

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
420seriouscat69, statements like that really make it seem like you're bothered by more than perceived competitive advantages
Nope, just the advantages, especially since they were already a member of the men's team.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Then why are you insulting the athlete instead of discussing a solution?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I was trying to institute how a parent would feel, if their daughter fell short to make the team or get a scholarship, because someone jumped from the men's team to the women's team in a matter of years.

Also, MIR, my uncle would agree with me on this position FWIW. I guess I'm just a big ole transphobe when it comes to athletics.

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I was trying to institute how a parent would feel, if their daughter fell short to make the team or get a scholarship, because someone jumped from the men's team to the women's team in a matter of years.

Also, MIR, my uncle would agree with me on this position FWIW. I guess I'm just a big ole transphobe when it comes to athletics.
You still seem to be missing MIR’s main issue with your post, which is you referred to someone as “him” when they clearly don’t want to be referred to as a man.

And if your daughter is on that much of a razor’s edge that a trans athlete ends up costing her a scholarship, I really don’t think any healthy parent would be that upset.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Being on board with gay rights, same sex marriage, etc. and also thinking a transgender athlete shouldn't have an advantage in said sports, are completely different things, MIR. But go off, KING!

Nah, you're not going to get away with that. My comment was on your intentional and malicious misgendering of her, and I made that clear. You could have made an argument against her competing against other women without making a bigoted statement.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

You still seem to be missing MIR’s main issue with your post, which is you referred to someone as “him” when they clearly don’t want to be referred to as a man.

And if your daughter is on that much of a razor’s edge that a trans athlete ends up costing her a scholarship, I really don’t think any healthy parent would be that upset.
MIR has issue with everything. Especially from 2-3 am most nights.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2021, 09:03:14 AM by 420seriouscat69 »

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

I don't believe you have ever met a parent of an athlete good enough to be on the razor's edge for a D1 scholarship.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

MIR has issue with everything Especially from 2-3 am most nights.

This isn't about me, no matter how much you try to deflect this. Dax and yla are managing to have this conversation without doing what you did