Author Topic: Is it fair for Transgenders to compete in sports as who they think they are? No  (Read 41441 times)

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Culture war ammo to get the blood angry'd up

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
I don't think it's a particularly good argument, but my cousin is a private trainer for rich hs baseball kids. It's pretty common in TX, 420seriouscat69.
My brother is a personal trainer (so I know) and I had a club take me on to do some special training here in KC for baseball. There's resources out there for additional help, but it's not the same. If you're good enough, someone is willing to help you out there, whether you have the $ or not, because we didn't.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
If you are good they will train you for free.

Because they need the illusion that their training is impactful.

That is how you get the suburban dorks who want to try and buy and advantage to show up and pay the bills.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Is it fair for Transgenders to compete in sports as who they think they are? No
« Reply #128 on: December 10, 2021, 10:14:46 AM »
It's literally 100% about unfair advantages on my end, but make up whatever rational in your head to fit your agenda, bud. Go cats and Happy Friday (FriYAY!)!
So I take it you feel the same way about HS athletes who can afford personal trainers, dieticians, equipment, etc. not available to like 90% of HS students?

That's not the same.  wack isn't being insane, a man undergoing transition competing against women has some inherent unfairness.  It is just so incredibly rare, isolated and inconsequential that it's an obvious dog whistle for clay travis and hale razor to generate retweets.

This guy didn't undergo this process to whip ass in the Ivy league the winter of 2021.
I’m not accusing anyone of being insane. The point is people are born into all kinds of advantages over others. Wacky’s (and your?) choice to call the advantage in the case of someone transitioning as “unfair” is a judgment you’re making. I certainly don’t think you can call it inherently unfair unless you’d also try to prohibit people competing who were born female but have abnormally high testosterone levels or height or strength etc.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
It's literally 100% about unfair advantages on my end, but make up whatever rational in your head to fit your agenda, bud. Go cats and Happy Friday (FriYAY!)!
So I take it you feel the same way about HS athletes who can afford personal trainers, dieticians, equipment, etc. not available to like 90% of HS students?

That's not the same.  wack isn't being insane, a man undergoing transition competing against women has some inherent unfairness.  It is just so incredibly rare, isolated and inconsequential that it's an obvious dog whistle for clay travis and hale razor to generate retweets.

This guy didn't undergo this process to whip ass in the Ivy league the winter of 2021.

as usual someone sweeps in and voices my thoughts better than i was proving able to.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile

I’m not accusing anyone of being insane. The point is people are born into all kinds of advantages over others. Wacky’s (and your?) choice to call the advantage in the case of someone transitioning as “unfair” is a judgment you’re making. I certainly don’t think you can call it inherently unfair unless you’d also try to prohibit people competing who were born female but have abnormally high testosterone levels or height or strength etc.
Sit this one out

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile

clearly this is a discussion you don't actually want to have.  NBD

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
What’s the discussion? I agree the obvious response to the “dey terk er scholarships” crowd is to note the statistical insignificance of these incidents.

But to the OP’s question about whether trans athletes should be able to compete in the first place, are you really saying they should only because there are so few?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
 :buh-bye:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
What’s the discussion? I agree the obvious response to the “dey terk er scholarships” crowd is to note the statistical insignificance of these incidents.

But to the OP’s question about whether trans athletes should be able to compete in the first place, are you really saying they should only because there are so few?

I am fine with them competing.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
You never hear these people complain about the spending disparity between men's and women's programs in college. I wonder why that is.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
You never hear these people complain about the spending disparity between men's and women's programs in college. I wonder why that is.
Revenue that's why.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
I'm just going to say it. I cannot abide these gender turncoats turning their backs on the male race. We built this country with our strong, sinewy backs and shoulders!

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile

I assume that since they are so adamant about the sanctity of women's sports it should be funded the same as men.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

I don't know why you felt the need to respond to that given I quoted someone else nor did I mention you, but whatever. If the competitive disadvantage is what you're worried about there are many other things much more practical you could have issues with, yet here we are.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

This

No, not this. I mean it's closer but this sentence spoken as an absolute isn't accurate.
"a man undergoing transition competing against women has some inherent unfairness."
In this particular case it's worth pointing out, again, that Lia Thomas was also a very good men's swimmer, her times are actually significantly slower than they werev when she was competing as a man.

I feel like this line of thinking is more about unintentionally minimizing women as athletes than it is playing into tropes about trans women, although it's both. The #2 swimmer on the UPenn swim team is generally faster than some of the men's swimmers down on the roster

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Revenue that's why.

Yeah, that men's swimming revenue comes in hand over fist, I can't even imagine how schools can even run without men's swimming, soccer, golf, lacrosse, hockey, baseball, cross country, tennis, etc.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

I don't know why you felt the need to respond to that given I quoted someone else nor did I mention you, but whatever. If the competitive disadvantage is what you're worried about there are many other things much more practical you could have issues with, yet here we are.
Bud, I don’t know why this is so close to home with you, but this crap continues to bring you back. Anyways, you said this:

records.

The message to cis-gendered female athletes:  Mind your business . . . oh, and strive to be better while keeping your mouth shut
[/quote]

Why would the message be different that them getting their asses kicked by any other cisgender woman? Why would the message be different than it would if they got beat by Simone Manuel, Katie Ledecky, or Allison Schmidt? There are 50 girls and women on the US Swim team over half of them are in college or are high schoolers, are we giving the girls competing against Olympians special pep talks?

It's an insult to say that this is about the women Lia competes against, y'all really don't care about that. It's about transgender women, it isn't about unfair advantages, that's absurd. Just like critical race theory debates aren't about critical race theory because no elementary, middle, or high school teacher teaches that crap. These culture warriors have to constantly lie about this stuff because they know they're being immortal.
[/quote]“It isn’t about unfair advantages”, etc. as I explain myself that I feel it is. You want to call me a bigot because you met one transgender under your watch, while calling everyone crackers and explaining your plan on how you’d kill MAGA’s if another civil war broke out. Sorry I misused the term “him”, for a person who swam on the guys team for 3 years and is now kicking ass on the women’s team. Jesus, MIR, take a night off.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
You literally hate white ppl that you think are “privileged” and as a sports guy like yourself, you’ve convinced yourself that anyone who disagrees with a simple moderate issue like this, is bigoted. Sorry for saying “him”. It’s not fair and you know that, but whatever.

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
im almost certain m and w swimming is funded exactly the same at all/most schools?

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
actually male probably less since speedos cost cents to the dollar

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
im almost certain m and w swimming is funded exactly the same at all/most schools?

Pennsylvania spends 70% more per men's swimmer than they do on their women's swimmers.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Revenue that's why.

Yeah, that men's swimming revenue comes in hand over fist, I can't even imagine how schools can even run without men's swimming, soccer, golf, lacrosse, hockey, baseball, cross country, tennis, etc.
You know exactly what revenue sports I’m talking about don’t be coy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

Pennsylvania spends 70% more per men's swimmer than they do on their women's swimmers.

really?  i can't imagine what would account for the discrepancy, but i'll take ur word for it

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Revenue that's why.

You know exactly what revenue sports I’m talking about don’t be coy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, football revenue doesn't have anything to do with the disparity between the sports that both men and women compete in so I have no idea why you brought it up. I just illustrated one example of this disparity. You're proving bucket's point by taking about football and basketball instead of experiencing outrage about the disparity I brought up

really?  i can't imagine what would account for the discrepancy, but i'll take ur word for it

Exactly. Maybe all of you worried about your little girls in sports can focus on very real issues that actually are more likely to affect their athletic experience.

Feel free to look it up yourself.
https://ope.ed.gov/athletics/#/