Author Topic: Trump owns Russia  (Read 756523 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Trump owns Russia
« Reply #9525 on: April 19, 2019, 01:28:16 PM »

I haven’t had time to even begin reading the report. Based on my casual perusal of the “reporting” and commentary on the report, it looks to be exactly what I expected: liberals doing their best fainting routine and sharing excerpts that are, at most, mildly embarrassing for Trump (that’s a pretty low bar) but don’t indicate a crime, and conservatives laughing at the liberal hysteria and pointing out excerpts that undercut many of the media’s “bombshell” reports.

It’s telling that most major media outlets chose to headline Trump’s “I’m mumped... this is the end of my presidency” lament. That was their biggest, juiciest takeaway from the report: A president (rightly) worried about the political ramifications of a special counsel investigation. What president wouldn’t be worried about the distraction and headache of a special counsel investigation?

If that really the best Dems got out of this whole exercise, ouch. And little did Trump know, his poll numbers are actually better now than when the Mueller was appointed.

They've forgotten that their guy Bill was absolutely crest fallen/enraged about the appointment of a special counsel and went through nearly daily rage fests/bouts of depression.

Do you know what year it is?  People in college now weren't even born then, so I have a tough time believing you.

I get it, if it's not on Twitter then it doesn't exist.

I think its less a question about being on Twitter than people not existing yet, but I would love to hear how people who weren't born at the time managed to forget something that hadn't even occurred yet.

Then a lot of people in this board started having kids really young . . . which may very well be the case.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #9526 on: April 19, 2019, 01:33:17 PM »
I'm old af and the clinton thing happened when I was like 14 but I don't remember him ever yelling constantly about witch hunts and 17 angry Republicans that were butthurt about Bob dole losing
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #9527 on: April 19, 2019, 01:39:16 PM »
I think they called it the vast right wing conspiracy
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #9528 on: April 19, 2019, 01:41:23 PM »
Which turned out to be true!  :)

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9529 on: April 19, 2019, 01:47:15 PM »
I'm old af and the clinton thing happened when I was like 14 but I don't remember him ever yelling constantly about witch hunts and 17 angry Republicans that were butthurt about Bob dole losing

Going back and speculating how Bill Clinton reacted to the Starr investigation seems kinda dumb, honestly. Remember, Bill Clinton played for the hometown team. You really think Clinton didn't hurl his share of obscenities about Newt and Starr in his private moments? Come on. That's silly.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #9530 on: April 19, 2019, 01:51:46 PM »

Going back and speculating how Bill Clinton reacted to the Starr investigation seems kinda dumb, honestly. Remember, Bill Clinton played for the hometown team. You really think Clinton didn't hurl his share of obscenities about Newt and Starr in his private moments? Come on. That's silly.

Maybe you meant to quote dax?

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #9531 on: April 19, 2019, 01:55:41 PM »
While we are talking about Clinton, was he ordering literally anyone who walked past the oval office to fire kendawg and literally all of them ignored his orders?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #9532 on: April 19, 2019, 02:05:27 PM »
haven't people on here trotted out the seth rich conspiracy stuff?

https://twitter.com/oliverdarcy/status/1119312550032703490

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #9533 on: April 19, 2019, 02:17:41 PM »
of course
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9535 on: April 19, 2019, 02:25:40 PM »

Social media was explosive back then so I think you really nailed it here.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9536 on: April 19, 2019, 03:01:01 PM »
I haven’t had time to even begin reading the report. Based on my casual perusal of the “reporting” and commentary on the report, it looks to be exactly what I expected: liberals doing their best fainting routine and sharing excerpts that are, at most, mildly embarrassing for Trump (that’s a pretty low bar) but don’t indicate a crime, and conservatives laughing at the liberal hysteria and pointing out excerpts that undercut many of the media’s “bombshell” reports.

It’s telling that most major media outlets chose to headline Trump’s “I’m mumped... this is the end of my presidency” lament. That was their biggest, juiciest takeaway from the report: A president (rightly) worried about the political ramifications of a special counsel investigation. What president wouldn’t be worried about the distraction and headache of a special counsel investigation?

If that really the best Dems got out of this whole exercise, ouch. And little did Trump know, his poll numbers are actually better now than when the Mueller was appointed.

The funny part is it is Trump's own ignorance / cockiness that brought on the most problems including other investigations and referrals to Congress to investigate obstruction (which was only not more damning because his own people told him no).

What an incompetent boob you guys voted for. Hey at least you paid .2% less taxes amirite?

To your first point, please stop pretending that Trump somehow brought this on himself. The entire Russian COLUSION controversy was a scam designed to take him down. Trump was absolutely right to be angry and concerned about the special counsel investigation and to try to keep in narrowly confined and quickly wrapped up. The Dems would have been hurling obstruction accusations no matter what he did. You don't really believe otherwise. We should all sincerely hope that both sides can move on from this disaster and that this politicization of our justice system and administrative state doesn't become the new norm for politics. God save us from repeating this same disgusting spectacle every 4-8 years.

To your second point, 3%. :gocho: Fist bumps all around.

Russia find her emails. Russia meet with my son about Clinton dirt. Russia can I build a tower there. Russia here are 4 of my dudes talking to your dudes and lying about it....this isn't him bringing this investigation on himself? Are you literally insane?

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9538 on: April 19, 2019, 03:27:12 PM »

The funny part is it is Trump's own ignorance / cockiness that brought on the most problems including other investigations and referrals to Congress to investigate obstruction (which was only not more damning because his own people told him no).

What an incompetent boob you guys voted for. Hey at least you paid .2% less taxes amirite?

To your first point, please stop pretending that Trump somehow brought this on himself. The entire Russian COLUSION controversy was a scam designed to take him down. Trump was absolutely right to be angry and concerned about the special counsel investigation and to try to keep in narrowly confined and quickly wrapped up. The Dems would have been hurling obstruction accusations no matter what he did. You don't really believe otherwise. We should all sincerely hope that both sides can move on from this disaster and that this politicization of our justice system and administrative state doesn't become the new norm for politics. God save us from repeating this same disgusting spectacle every 4-8 years.

Russia find her emails. Russia meet with my son about Clinton dirt. Russia can I build a tower there. Russia here are 4 of my dudes talking to your dudes and lying about it....this isn't him bringing this investigation on himself? Are you literally insane?

Let’s just stop with your first “point.” If you’re taking a joke made to the public during a campaign speech as evidence of COLUSION, or inciting a COLUSION investigation, you are not a rational person. Just take a minute and really ponder how batshit crazy that sounds.

Speaking of batshit crazy, on to your second “point.” You think that Trump’s son taking a meeting with some Russian chick who circulated around DC circles - a meeting organized by a music producer - is evidence of COLUSION, or inciting an investigation into COLUSION.... that’s nuts man. Really full blown tinfoil hat sitting in your own feces nuts. Get help. Trump has broken your brain.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 03:32:54 PM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9539 on: April 19, 2019, 03:27:39 PM »

Russia can we have a $145 million dollars to launder through our fake foundation . . . . wait.

Ukraine . . . will you help us get elected . . . wait

(insert former foreign intelligence agent) will you take our money to dig up dirt on Trump?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9540 on: April 19, 2019, 03:28:36 PM »
Bill Clinton pollster Mark Penn has an interesting take.

I was there working with President Clinton in 1998 when he pondered whether to send missiles against Osama bin Laden but was concerned it would be viewed as “wagging the dog.” We missed bin Laden that day. It was symbolic of how everything in the White House was affected by the Monica Lewinsky investigation; it changed everything we did. And, yes, there was a good bit of cursing then, too.

The big difference between today and what happened in 1998 or during the Nixon era is that, at the end of the day, the Mueller investigators found no stained dress, no break-in, no hush money, no enemies list. There never was a crime, and what seemed far-fetched was simply that — this time, a duly elected president was investigated for a crime that never even existed. In fact, evidence is mounting that the investigation itself was launched on phony grounds.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9541 on: April 19, 2019, 04:01:36 PM »
conservatives... pointing out excerpts that undercut many of the media’s “bombshell” reports.

Please point out these excerpts. All I've seen is how the reporting proved accurate despite trump and his administration screaming witch hunt.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9542 on: April 19, 2019, 04:03:12 PM »
conservatives... pointing out excerpts that undercut many of the media’s “bombshell” reports.

Please point out these excerpts. All I've seen is how the reporting proved accurate despite trump and his administration screaming witch hunt.

Apparently you didn't read the Greenwald piece.

Bucket, you just scare me with how many laps you're down, all the time.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9543 on: April 19, 2019, 04:05:16 PM »

Congrats LibDerp Nation and LibDerpNation preferred media:  You have defined and re-defined useful idiots

in sum, Democrats and their supporters had the exact prosecutor they all agreed was the embodiment of competence and integrity in Robert Mueller. He assembled a team of prosecutors and investigators that countless media accounts heralded as the most aggressive and adept in the nation. They had subpoena power, the vast surveillance apparatus of the U.S. government at their disposal, a demonstrated willingness to imprison anyone who lied to them, and unlimited time and resources to dig up everything they could.

The result of all of that was that not a single American – whether with the Trump campaign or otherwise – was charged or indicted on the core question of whether there was any conspiracy or coordination with Russia over the election. No Americans were charged or even accused of being controlled by or working at the behest of the Russian government. None of the key White House aides at the center of the controversy who testified for hours and hours – including Donald Trump, Jr. or Jared Kushner – were charged with any crimes of any kind, not even perjury, obstruction of justice or lying to Congress.[/i]

https://theintercept.com/2019/04/18/robert-mueller-did-not-merely-reject-the-trumprussia-conspiracy-theories-he-obliterated-them/

As recently as one month ago, former CIA Director and current NBC News analyst John Brennan was confidently predicting that Mueller could not possibly close his investigation without first indicting a slew of Americans for criminally conspiring with Russia over the election, and specifically predicted that Trump’s family members would be included among those so charged:[/i]

Equally debunked is CNN’s major blockbuster by Jim Sciutto, Carl Bernstein, and Marshall Cohen from last July that “Michael Cohen, President Donald Trump’s former personal attorney, claims that then-candidate Trump knew in advance about the June 2016 meeting in Trump Tower.” The Mueller Report says the exact opposite: that Cohen had no knowledge of Trump’s advanced knowledge[/i].

Here you go bucket

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9544 on: April 19, 2019, 04:11:08 PM »
Bill Clinton pollster Mark Penn has an interesting take.

I was there working with President Clinton in 1998 when he pondered whether to send missiles against Osama bin Laden but was concerned it would be viewed as “wagging the dog.” We missed bin Laden that day. It was symbolic of how everything in the White House was affected by the Monica Lewinsky investigation; it changed everything we did. And, yes, there was a good bit of cursing then, too.

The big difference between today and what happened in 1998 or during the Nixon era is that, at the end of the day, the Mueller investigators found no stained dress, no break-in, no hush money, no enemies list. There never was a crime, and what seemed far-fetched was simply that — this time, a duly elected president was investigated for a crime that never even existed. In fact, evidence is mounting that the investigation itself was launched on phony grounds.

My word. Imagine if we had a president again who cares enough about the country’s reputation to avoid distracting from an investigation into their own misdeeds.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #9545 on: April 19, 2019, 04:22:10 PM »
Perfectly normal behavior from someone who is innocent and TOTAL EXONERATION already happened. Also totally normal for a sitting president of the United States to act like this(being totally innocent of course)

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1119211274712375297

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1119244255074058242

There’s the T word again!

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1119341792460247040
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9546 on: April 19, 2019, 04:44:02 PM »
So report is out and mueller didn’t recommend indictment right?  I think we can close this thread out.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9547 on: April 19, 2019, 04:53:44 PM »
So report is out and mueller didn’t recommend indictment right?  I think we can close this thread out.

Nope, got the deteriorating relationship with Russia to discuss.   It would seem LibDerp Nation aka the New NeoCons would be fist pumping their asses off over that, but they're a fickle group.  Pretty much just OrangeMan:Bad/OppositeofTrump.  Very useful idiotish.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9548 on: April 19, 2019, 04:58:24 PM »
Scott, I hope you weren't planning on any speaking engagements at college campuses.   LibDerp Family members will no longer speak of you, and forget Thanksgiving and Christmas/Secular Holiday Dinner at (insert LibDerp relative here) house.   

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/19/opinions/mueller-report-obama-jennings/index.html?no-st=1555705930

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9549 on: April 19, 2019, 05:09:46 PM »