Author Topic: what's wrong w/ the country right now?  (Read 35368 times)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Re: what's wrong w/ the country right now?
« Reply #350 on: December 21, 2016, 09:30:49 AM »
Is there anyone who bitches more and throws out jabs for ppl having opposing views, more than lib^7 on this blog? I can't think of anyone who's more direct than him.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: December 21, 2016, 09:33:12 AM »
Maybe there should just be a usage fee for ever-y-thing. Send your kids to school? Pay the fee. Drive across town on public roads? Pay the fee. Build your house in a new neighborhood that needs water/sewer? That's already called a special assessment tax.

I guess that gets kind of messy when you need to use police services though. I read a book where you had to pay any time you used police services and it was a crap show (another Octavia Butler book, "Parable of the Sower", very good).

Doesn't really work for the less fortunate. To me the role of government is the good of all people, not just those who can afford it

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: December 21, 2016, 09:34:59 AM »
Young wage earners with no kids send welfare benefits to breeders like KSUW and I, no clue why he is casting aspersions on them.

My kids are going to pay for your welfare once you can no longer support yourself. You'll be a sponge most of your life. And I can pretty much guarantee I'm going to end up paying a significantly higher effective rate, and way way way more in total tax dollars than you, even after those dependent deductions.

holy crap.  lol

He doesn't even realize that his kids belong to a generation even more worthless than the millennials.

No doubt, but that doesn't mean my kids are. You liberal sponges should be sending me a Christmas card (now there's a thread idea...)
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: December 21, 2016, 09:48:37 AM »
one thing that I think is not great right now is how helicoptery a lot of parents are. my generation (x) grew up pretty ignored and left alone by their parents and now there is an overcorrection happening. kids are being overscheduled and smothered. kids should be left alone more to be on their own and free play with other kids/siblings.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: December 21, 2016, 09:52:41 AM »
also kid sports. 3rd grade travelling baseball teams with parents upset over positions, playing time and coaching moves. actual adults ending friendships over it. I mean yeah it's hilarious, but it's also kind of sad. definitely something that is a wrong and not a right.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: December 21, 2016, 09:56:20 AM »
one thing that I think is not great right now is how helicoptery a lot of parents are. my generation (x) grew up pretty ignored and left alone by their parents and now there is an overcorrection happening. kids are being overscheduled and smothered. kids should be left alone more to be on their own and free play with other kids/siblings.

I also see kids where the mom has to work and they are off to daycare and sitters etc.  they are kind of messed up too so its a weird balance

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: December 21, 2016, 09:58:35 AM »
also kid sports. 3rd grade travelling baseball teams with parents upset over positions, playing time and coaching moves. actual adults ending friendships over it. I mean yeah it's hilarious, but it's also kind of sad. definitely something that is a wrong and not a right.
It's always been this way FWIW

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: December 21, 2016, 10:02:41 AM »

it hasn't, but I have no desire to discuss it further.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: December 21, 2016, 10:04:11 AM »
It's been that way for at least 20 years, anyway.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: December 21, 2016, 10:05:19 AM »

it hasn't, but I have no desire to discuss it further.
OK, but I remember being that age and Johnny's parents being pretty pissed off that I pistol whipped their son out of a position.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: December 21, 2016, 10:07:27 AM »
lol

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: December 21, 2016, 10:09:36 AM »
and now we see why I didn't want to discuss it further. also, I'm putting socks down as something that's wrong w/ the country. every 9 yr old wants twenty dollar LeBron socks. get out of my face w/ that nonsense.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: December 21, 2016, 10:10:35 AM »
fanningbrags are whats wrong w/ this country.. everyone thinks they are something special

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: December 21, 2016, 10:10:56 AM »
Continue to be pissed off over crap that you can't control then. I don't care. Just stop rough ridin' whining like a child. This place is for entertainment and fun. Take your posting completely over the top to provide some value, or shut the eff up.

Things I can't control? Really? I can vote, for starters.

i cannot tell if you're doubling-down, or taking my advice. either way, this post is better bbs'n than what you normally produce.

The Big Train

« Reply #364 on: December 21, 2016, 10:11:31 AM »
People that think a few extremists define an entire religion.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: December 21, 2016, 10:12:28 AM »
and now we see why I didn't want to discuss it further. also, I'm putting socks down as something that's wrong w/ the country. every 9 yr old wants twenty dollar LeBron socks. get out of my face w/ that nonsense.

i love getting wool socks for giftmas. i don't like when my feet are cold.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: December 21, 2016, 10:16:04 AM »
fanningbrags are whats wrong w/ this country.. everyone thinks they are something special
Lighten up, francis

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: December 21, 2016, 10:29:46 AM »
special post bud +1  :thumbs:

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #368 on: December 21, 2016, 10:31:00 AM »

My son is in first grade, and we want him to try stuff.  He did soccer for a year, didn't like it, so we didn't sign him back up.  He hasn't shown any interest in baseball, so we didn't force it.  He seems to like tennis and karate, so that's what we're setting into.

My four year old likes gymnastics and karate.  So, we'll probably keep signing him up for that stuff.

I'm just not into forcing kids into stuff they don't want to do.  My oldest son loves art, so he spends a ton of time on that.  My younger son really loves to build things with legos, duplos, Lincoln Logs, etc.  I'd rather they do that stuff that they enjoy than force them to do something they don't have any interest in.  We did tell them that they need to try and do one physical activity that they like because they need to make exercise a part of their life.  But what they do is up to them, and I certainly don't give a crap if they play for some traveling baseball team.  I did that and it sucked my parents' life away.  We only did two vacations when I was a kid because we spent all of our weekends traveling for baseball.  I totally regret that for myself and them.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: December 21, 2016, 10:34:33 AM »
I would drink a beer with Panj and talk Star Wars. That seems like a pretty cool thing that could happen in 2017. It probably won't ever happen because of where we live and our irl social circles, but I probably wouldn't even be aware that particular guy exists out there in this world if this was 20 years ago. I think that's pretty cool.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: December 21, 2016, 10:35:46 AM »

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: December 21, 2016, 10:53:14 AM »

My son is in first grade, and we want him to try stuff.  He did soccer for a year, didn't like it, so we didn't sign him back up.  He hasn't shown any interest in baseball, so we didn't force it.  He seems to like tennis and karate, so that's what we're setting into.

My four year old likes gymnastics and karate.  So, we'll probably keep signing him up for that stuff.

I'm just not into forcing kids into stuff they don't want to do.  My oldest son loves art, so he spends a ton of time on that.  My younger son really loves to build things with legos, duplos, Lincoln Logs, etc.  I'd rather they do that stuff that they enjoy than force them to do something they don't have any interest in.  We did tell them that they need to try and do one physical activity that they like because they need to make exercise a part of their life.  But what they do is up to them, and I certainly don't give a crap if they play for some traveling baseball team.  I did that and it sucked my parents' life away.  We only did two vacations when I was a kid because we spent all of our weekends traveling for baseball.  I totally regret that for myself and them.

I have no doubt you're a very good dad. I have two kids. one loves the crap out of sports, is pretty decent at them and plays a bunch of different ones.the other is the worst kid athlete that I've ever seen in my entire life. he was in a play last summer and hasn't played a sport since tball. different strokes.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: December 21, 2016, 11:04:49 AM »
I am keeping my kids out of sports as their greatest asset is their super natural physical beauty and I cannot risk damaging that.  That s one of the great things about today's world, beautiful people have it easy

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: December 21, 2016, 12:27:22 PM »
while signature edition socks are what is wrong but sweet kicks staying in the $120 range the last 25 years seems pretty good

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #374 on: December 21, 2016, 12:32:30 PM »
I would drink a beer with Panj and talk Star Wars. That seems like a pretty cool thing that could happen in 2017. It probably won't ever happen because of where we live and our irl social circles, but I probably wouldn't even be aware that particular guy exists out there in this world if this was 20 years ago. I think that's pretty cool.

We need to figure out a way to do this, pmshead.  I would enjoy it very much.