Author Topic: The Trump Presidency  (Read 1049372 times)

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: The Trump Presidency
« Reply #10275 on: September 26, 2019, 12:30:15 PM »
I haven't picked up on what makes this particular thing unique.

I haven't been paying much attention, but I think the gist is that Trump wanted to trash someone (Biden) he figured he'd likely be running against in the presidential election. Apparently, a US politician accepting election help from a foreign nation is illegal.

Also, he attempted to do so by withholding aid money, which seems to be a pretty horrible abuse of power.

Oh, and also no one filed the whistleblower's complaint and they tried to do a cover-up. lol.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
The Trump Presidency
« Reply #10276 on: September 26, 2019, 12:30:43 PM »
an important thing to remember about trump is that he’s a rough ridin' idiot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10277 on: September 26, 2019, 12:31:18 PM »
I need a link to a concise straightforward story of this whole thing.  All my news on this has come from postings in this thread and it all sounds like stuff I assumed happens routinely.

I’m now interested in what exactly you think happened.

Politicians using their power/influence to try to get stuff they want for personal gain.  That's bad obviously, but I haven't picked up on what makes this particular thing unique.

Well yeah when you generalize enough nothing is unique.

At the end of the day it’s always just people doing things.

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10278 on: September 26, 2019, 12:33:44 PM »
I think it's probably good not to have other countries doing their best to get the people they want in office elected. I can see the rationale for the law.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #10279 on: September 26, 2019, 12:35:50 PM »
I haven't picked up on what makes this particular thing unique.

I haven't been paying much attention, but I think the gist is that Trump wanted to trash someone (Biden) he figured he'd likely be running against in the presidential election. Apparently, a US politician accepting election help from a foreign nation is illegal.

Also, he attempted to do so by withholding aid money, which seems to be a pretty horrible abuse of power.

Oh, and also no one filed the whistleblower's complaint and they tried to do a cover-up. lol.

The whistle-blowing here was someone telling on trump for trying to bully ukraine into helping him?

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10280 on: September 26, 2019, 12:36:30 PM »
an important thing to remember about trump is that he’s a rough ridin' idiot

I honestly can't wait until we are few years out and TONS more dumbfuckery comes to light.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10281 on: September 26, 2019, 12:37:13 PM »
“Hey foreign nation. I’m glad you brought up something you need the US’s help with. Could you please do me a favor and work with my personal attorney to get some info on this political opponent?”

Just normal President things.

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10282 on: September 26, 2019, 12:37:32 PM »
The whistle-blowing here was someone telling on trump for trying to bully ukraine into helping him?

yes

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10283 on: September 26, 2019, 12:39:12 PM »
dax likes to say that he doesn't watch fox news but it is clear beyond a doubt that whatever weirdo tin foil hat news he does read gets its talking points from fox news.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10284 on: September 26, 2019, 12:39:31 PM »
I think it's probably good not to have other countries doing their best to get the people they want in office elected. I can see the rationale for the law.

Sure, but everyone does what's in their own best interests.  If we only want assistance to candidates happening for the right reasons - that they earnestly believe their candidate of choice is good for usa - then there's a lot of american entities that need to be cracked down on too as well as candidates willing to do whatever for assistance/cash/votes.

Don't hate the player, hate the game?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
The Trump Presidency
« Reply #10285 on: September 26, 2019, 12:39:42 PM »
Threatening to execute the whistle blower is very cool

https://twitter.com/elistokols/status/1177265537056989184

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 12:43:08 PM by steve dave »

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10286 on: September 26, 2019, 12:41:45 PM »
“Hey foreign nation. I’m glad you brought up something you need the US’s help with. Could you please do me a favor and work with my personal attorney to get some info on this political opponent?”

Just normal President things.

I'd assume so.  Even if this is uniquely a trump thing (and there never was a time when it was thought trump wouldn't do something like this), usa said that's cool and elected him and sort of deserves the negative consequences.

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10287 on: September 26, 2019, 12:43:25 PM »
deserves the negative consequences

We are getting what we asked for, for sure!

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The Trump Presidency
« Reply #10288 on: September 26, 2019, 12:44:33 PM »
Well ok. If you’re suggesting elected officials should not be impeachable then I can see why you think this is not an impeachable offense.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10289 on: September 26, 2019, 12:50:59 PM »
Impeach him if you want for this or worse, but it's like how it would've sort of been bullshit for currie to fire oscar when he sucked just like everyone knew he would.  When someone who we know sucks gets put in a position and sucks, I blame the people who put the sucky person in the position, not the person who sucks.

Yeah, trump's a dipshit and shouldn't have been close to being president.  But our collective team of usa'rs made him president.  eff that team.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10290 on: September 26, 2019, 01:00:06 PM »
There is no "conspiracy theory" in regards to Joe Biden the Ukraine.  Joe Biden by admission threatened to withhold U.S. aid to the Ukraine if they did not fire the prosecutor.    There is no "conspiracy theory" about the fact that Hunter Biden served on the board of an absolutely  :lol: corporately structured entity in the Ukraine run by a corrupt oligarch.    The made up roles and titles Hunter were given are  :lol: . . . fanboi LibBot media fluffing up Hunter's qualifications are even more  :lol:

The fact that LibBot Nation has tried to define this as a conspiracy theory is typical, but none-the-less telling.   

BTW the prosecutor tells a very unpleasant and unflattering story in regards to Old Lunch Box Joe and Joe's political maneuvering with certain very corrupt individuals in the Ukranian government to isolate him and shut down his investigations.   Tossing around corruption allegations in the Ukraine is tantamount to handing out speeding tickets at a Formula One race.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10291 on: September 26, 2019, 01:01:56 PM »
I feel like almost all of you know this all political theatre and the party who will try to impeach was also elected by a large number of hypocritical morons who are equally as shady as private bone spurs.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #10292 on: September 26, 2019, 01:02:14 PM »
Breathe dax, breathe.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10293 on: September 26, 2019, 01:02:40 PM »
Our system is specifically designed to avoid electing the president by popular vote. I don’t understand how you could be ok with that but then act like the mechanism for reprimanding and removing the president is pointless.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The Trump Presidency
« Reply #10294 on: September 26, 2019, 01:04:04 PM »
Dax, thoughts on whether there is any “conspiracy theory” in regards to Hillary’s emails being in Ukraine?

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #10295 on: September 26, 2019, 01:11:27 PM »
This is all very lol unnecessary, just troop on down to the House and vote on articles of impeachment  it's pretty simple.
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10296 on: September 26, 2019, 01:17:16 PM »
Our system is specifically designed to avoid electing the president by popular vote. I don’t understand how you could be ok with that but then act like the mechanism for reprimanding and removing the president is pointless.

I’m saying that what’s better than having a mechanism to reprimand and remove shitty presidents is to not elect shitty presidents to begin with. When a shitty president is elected, we should expect shitty things and not be astonished when shitty things happen. If it’s thought getting a dick sucked or prematurely getting shady help for a re-election campaign are so extremely shitty that a lol impeachment process should be staged, go for it but that theater won’t move my needle.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10297 on: September 26, 2019, 01:21:09 PM »
So I guess you’re advocating for a constitutional amendment to change “high crimes and misdemeanors” to “crap no one saw coming.”

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10298 on: September 26, 2019, 01:23:15 PM »
This is all very lol unnecessary, just troop on down to the House and vote on articles of impeachment  it's pretty simple.

That would take away this prime opportunity to grandstand and get the base all horned up.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10299 on: September 26, 2019, 01:25:04 PM »
So I guess you’re advocating for a constitutional amendment to change “high crimes and misdemeanors” to “crap no one saw coming.”

As always, I'm advocating to break up the united states.