Author Topic: The Trump Presidency  (Read 1049204 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: The Trump Presidency
« Reply #3950 on: June 04, 2017, 11:10:27 PM »
Lefties now cling to Twitter Dudes who determine what is or isn't proportionate/disproportionate threat?

So, if there is a (another) terror attack on U.S. soil, lefties will hold their criticism of the administration if it's relatively small?  Because, well, apparently they've determined that if not enough people die, the threat, isn't, you know, "real".   

LOL, nice work TBT.

You're such an amazing dumbass.

Dax, 90 people die and 183 are injured everyday due to guns. Where's your outrage over that?

Most of that driven by religion?  How much of that is "heat of the movement" situations?   All of that planned and coordinated attacks seeking specific targets and intended to cause as many mass casualties as possible?

Should we prioritize ending unwarranted killings based off of religious differences or the greater killer?

Assuming you meant "heat of the moment." Not sure why that should matter.

Regarding your latter question I would just point out that three terrorists killed seven people. Not, say, 47. Still tragic, nonetheless.

Again, keep that fire away from all of those strawmen.   The question again, are you prepared to not care if your talking heads determine if a terrorist attack is not "proportionate" enough?   Yes or no? 

What's the dividing line to caring bucket?  10 dead in once incident, 20-30-40?  What's proportionate enough?

Way to throw strawman out there to deflect from the questions I posed. I think it's a very reasonable question to ask, why we should prioritize legislative action against Muslims instead of towards gun control, the much bigger threat to your life and mine?

However, in this country it's easier to marginalize brown people than it is to pass laws against the guns that we all love.

A white Christian kills a bunch of people. Let's do nothing. A muslim, travel ban!

First off, we put the "white Christian" in jail for a long time, even death row, provided he or she hasn't already been gunned down by law enforcement.   

A person of European descent launched a terror attack on Boston.   All matter of legal rights were suspended, near martial law was implemented, and one of the largest and most aggressive manhunts in U.S. history was launched.  The perp was caught, tried and now spends his life in the highest maximum security prison in the United States.  So your "marginalize" brown people is just a huge stack of bullshit. 

Travel bans are not "legislative action" so there's no legislative action to prioritize, and it's not a ban, it's a temporary suspension.   

But even with just 7 countries on a temporary ban that's not being enforced.   That leaves 10's of millions of "brown people" able to go through very little in order to visit the United States every single day, including 10's of millions of Muslims. 

Now, what's proportionate enough, bucket?  What's a large enough terrorist attack before we need to care (or stop making stupid analogies to U.S. gun laws)?

« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 11:13:57 PM by sonofdaxjones »

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3951 on: June 04, 2017, 11:14:08 PM »
Travel bans are not "legislative action" so there's no legislative action to prioritize, and it's not a ban, it's a temporary suspension.   

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/871143765473406976

Not a ban?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3952 on: June 04, 2017, 11:15:56 PM »

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3953 on: June 04, 2017, 11:30:21 PM »

Not a ban?

So you're not capable of answering the question, as usual.

Fine, I've had enough fun. I'll be concerned about terrorist attacks when I'm more likely to die from them instead of choking. Until then I'll continue to be concerned about guns which are a REAL threat.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 11:33:51 PM by bucket »

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3954 on: June 04, 2017, 11:47:54 PM »
our freedoms are more important than anyone's lives.  what good is a life curtailed?
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3955 on: June 04, 2017, 11:48:48 PM »

Not a ban?

Fine, I've had enough fun. I'll be concerned about terrorist attacks when I'm more likely to die from them instead of choking. Until then I'll continue to be concerned about guns which are a REAL threat.

Thanks for confirming you're not capable of answering the question.  The first step is admitting you can't do it.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #3956 on: June 04, 2017, 11:50:34 PM »
low travel ban IQ:

so the Manchester bombing was perped by UK national who travelled to Libya (assumedly for training) and back again shortly before the attack.

would the trump muslim ban have prevented a similar attack in the US? Would a US citizen be blocked from travel to and from Libya? Or does it only stop foreign nationals from entering US?

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3957 on: June 04, 2017, 11:52:33 PM »

Not a ban?

Thanks for confirming you're not capable of answering the question.  The first step is admitting you can't do it.

You didn't exactly answer mine either.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3958 on: June 04, 2017, 11:52:59 PM »
it's all been watered down, puniraptor.  like 3 am gin, it's been watered down past recognition.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #3959 on: June 05, 2017, 12:11:11 AM »
the goal of terrorism is to spread fear, deepen division, and inspire reactionary policy.

seems like chillin is a good counter to the above

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #3960 on: June 05, 2017, 12:12:08 AM »
I don't know if you can chill to a level proportionate to the magnitude of the attack. chill is just chill.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #3961 on: June 05, 2017, 12:17:53 AM »
I've been thinking, what do you guys think is a bigger number: The number of documented terrorists we issue visas to and allow to enter the country through our airports, or the number of undocumented terrorists flooding over our unwalled Mexican border?

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #3962 on: June 05, 2017, 12:19:02 AM »
it's all been watered down, puniraptor.  like 3 am gin, it's been watered down past recognition.

I can rarely make it past 11 these days :lick:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3963 on: June 05, 2017, 06:38:50 AM »

Not a ban?

You didn't exactly answer mine either.

You're trying to argue semantics

Insofar as your specific question regarding Libya and the Manchester attack goes, it is quite clear that people with the means, the desire, and the motive exist in those countries to plan, coordinate and execute terror attacks (I'll leave Obama's idiotic overthrow of the Libyan government and turning Libya into a recruitment and arms shipping depot for the other idiotic campaign in Syria out of it.   Nor will I mention that Obama's idiocy ceded the country to ISIS and AQ and that is even greater reason to place Libya on the temporary travel ban list.  Oh wait . . .).   

Now again, what is a proportionally sized terrorist attack in order to merit concern?  10 dead, 20 dead, 30 dead . . . please provide a number so we can better understand the idiocy.    How many have to die before terrorism is a "real" threat?   

« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 06:41:57 AM by sonofdaxjones »

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #3964 on: June 05, 2017, 07:08:10 AM »
the goal of terrorism is to spread fear, deepen division, and inspire reactionary policy.

I think this is actually the pretext for libtard do-nothing, head in the butt policy re terrorism.

Actual terrorists want to annihilate all non-radical muslims.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #3965 on: June 05, 2017, 07:35:57 AM »

I think this is actually the pretext for libtard do-nothing, head in the butt policy re terrorism.

Actual terrorists want to annihilate all non-radical muslims.
Well yeah, but how? See above.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #3966 on: June 05, 2017, 07:41:56 AM »
Terror fear anger hate division repeat. It's a feedback loop that they control and we (you) allow them to. This is what threatens our society, it's not like they are going to stab shoot bomb and lorry 400 million of us.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3967 on: June 05, 2017, 08:18:56 AM »
our freedoms are more important than anyone's lives.  what good is a life curtailed?

This is pretty much where I'm at. We just need to drop the war on terror and the war on drugs, and stop caring about gun control. We also should probably expand the bill of rights.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3968 on: June 05, 2017, 08:31:35 AM »
The scariest thing about terrorism is how easily people like trump, dax, fsd, and ksuw are manipulated by it
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3969 on: June 05, 2017, 08:32:46 AM »
I thought sys made that post as a joke.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3970 on: June 05, 2017, 11:26:54 AM »
The scariest thing about terrorism is how easily people like trump, dax, fsd, and ksuw are manipulated by it

Manipulated. Lol, you're so damn dumb sometimes. 

Manipulated. #tears

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3971 on: June 05, 2017, 11:55:23 AM »
Weird meltdown dax
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3972 on: June 05, 2017, 12:00:13 PM »
Dax like wax melts weird sometimes. Mystery of life.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3973 on: June 05, 2017, 12:17:22 PM »
Weird meltdown dax

Seeing how easily Libs are manipulated into meltdowns these days.   Your comment was both hilarious and ironic.

You're now siding with institutions that the founders of the modern day lib movement hated and wanted destroyed. 

So sad.  :(

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3974 on: June 05, 2017, 12:57:38 PM »
Last night I saw a big pickup hauling ass around JoCo with two flags flying from the back.  One 'Mercian, one TRUMP.