Author Topic: The Trump Presidency  (Read 1049157 times)

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
Re: The Trump Presidency
« Reply #1650 on: February 02, 2017, 06:56:10 PM »
ospreys crash all the time for no reason, they shouldn't be used for behind enemy lines combat ops

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: February 02, 2017, 07:21:23 PM »
I tend to agree with dax a little bit on this.  It doesn't seem like trump just decided to start a fight.  And I also think the military would tell him "hold on you puffy faced beta, we aren't ready to do this"

It was military officials that are outed his role in this.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: February 02, 2017, 07:49:40 PM »
Well well well, sounds like the trump administration lied about the involvement of the Obama administration also Trump himself made the decision with Bannon, Kushner, and Reince; the best military minds.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: February 02, 2017, 07:55:07 PM »
Weird, so the military draws up plans for months on something they didn't really want to do.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: February 02, 2017, 07:58:48 PM »
President Barack Obama’s national security aides had reviewed the plans for a risky attack on a small, heavily guarded brick home of a senior Qaeda collaborator in a mountainous village in a remote part of central Yemen. But Mr. Obama did not act because the Pentagon wanted to launch the attack on a moonless night and the next one would come after his term had ended.

CNN

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: February 02, 2017, 08:00:23 PM »
Both defense and Obama administration officials said the operation was never vetoed by Obama and that “operational reasons” were why it was pushed back after January 20 and why Obama left the task of authorizing the raid to his successor.

NYT

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: February 02, 2017, 08:03:30 PM »
WASHINGTON — Just five days after taking office, over dinner with his newly installed secretary of defense and the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, President Trump was presented with the first of what will be many life-or-death decisions: whether to approve a commando raid that risked the lives of American Special Operations forces and foreign civilians alike.

President Barack Obama’s national security aides had reviewed the plans for a risky attack on a small, heavily guarded brick home of a senior Qaeda collaborator in a mountainous village in a remote part of central Yemen. But Mr. Obama did not act because the Pentagon wanted to launch the attack on a moonless night and the next one would come after his term had ended.

With two of his closest advisers, Jared Kushner and Stephen K. Bannon, joining the dinner at the White House along with Defense Secretary Jim Mattis and Gen. Joseph F. Dunford Jr., Mr. Trump approved sending in the Navy’s SEAL Team 6, hoping the raid early last Sunday would scoop up cellphones and laptop computers that could yield valuable clues about one of the world’s most dangerous terrorist groups. Vice President Mike Pence and Michael T. Flynn, the national security adviser, also attended the dinner.

As it turned out, almost everything that could go wrong did. And on Wednesday, Mr. Trump flew to Dover Air Force Base in Delaware to be present as the body of the American commando killed in the raid was returned home, the first military death on the new commander in chief’s watch.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: February 02, 2017, 08:06:14 PM »
SECDEF, COJCOS, National Sec Advisor (former special ops guy) discuss the plan at dinner ='s Trump et. al. Just went on their own?

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: February 02, 2017, 08:07:19 PM »
obama :curse:

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: February 02, 2017, 09:40:11 PM »
SECDEF, COJCOS, National Sec Advisor (former special ops guy) discuss the plan at dinner ='s Trump et. al. Just went on their own?

Gotta admire how much you've dug in for your dude Trump...this guy can do no wrong in your eyes....it's kinda cute.

I'm sure you'll be rewarded when Bannon executes his final order.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: February 02, 2017, 10:01:10 PM »

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: February 03, 2017, 05:47:46 AM »
It is impossible to overstate how big a dumbass our president is.

Wakes up and tweets:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/827477947154063361

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/827478751931924480

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: February 03, 2017, 06:16:17 AM »
I love it when dax and crew selectively edit and misattribute pieces:

nytimes.com/2017/02/01/world/middleeast/donald-trump-yemen-commando-raid-questions.html

I'll try too!

"In this case, the assault force of several dozen commandos, which also included elite soldiers from the United Arab Emirates, was jinxed from the start. Qaeda fighters were somehow tipped off to the stealthy advance toward the village"

"Through a communications intercept, the commandos knew that the mission had been somehow compromised, but pressed on toward their target roughly five miles from where they had been flown into the area. “They kind of knew they were screwed from the beginning,” one former SEAL Team 6 official said."

"After initially denying there were any civilian casualties, Pentagon officials backtracked somewhat on Sunday after reports from the Yemeni authorities begin trickling in and grisly photographs of bloody children purportedly killed in the attack appeared on social media sites affiliated with Al Qaeda’s branch in Yemen."

So what we know for sure:

This plan was not green lit by Obama because of Intel and timing.

Trump pushed ahead after he altered the NSC team to include political hacks.

One valuable operator was killed.

This team was undermanned and left with little support.

Is it possible Trump or his subordinates ordered them to proceed after they were compromised?  This must be investigated.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: February 03, 2017, 07:36:25 AM »
I love how the perpetually angry Libs think Trump was in the White House like LBJ with maps and topography models telling the military who they could or couldn't bomb, shell and mortar.

Weird, that suddenly Libs are so detailed oriented on the nuances of special operations after 8 years of not giving an eff, or defending the hearts and minds winning and mostly illegal drone wars.

Sad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: February 03, 2017, 07:47:10 AM »
If only Libs were this angry when JSOC was helping some of the worst people on the planet overthrow the Libyan government, creating nearly a million refugees and turning that country over to ISIS, AQ and related war lords. 

Special Operations:  Only use if a Democrat orders regime change.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1665 on: February 03, 2017, 07:49:42 AM »
saddened to hear about the Bowling Green Massacre :frown:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The Trump Presidency
« Reply #1666 on: February 03, 2017, 07:52:28 AM »
saddened to hear about the Bowling Green Massacre :frown:

It was a dumb statement and she needs to go. 

Too bad it's going to distract from the fact that the previous administration shut down Iraqi visas for six months on some baseless testimony from know nothing AQ underlings.

With nary a window pane broken or dumpster set on fire

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: February 03, 2017, 07:58:27 AM »
do you remember where you were when the bowling green massacre didn't happen?

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: February 03, 2017, 08:00:10 AM »
Will Obama be blamed the entire Trump oresidency (see Trump last day prediction thread) ....He has to right? Trump is like the new guy at work that can't wait to blame everything on the guy he replaced.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: February 03, 2017, 08:05:42 AM »
Will Obama be blamed the entire Trump oresidency (see Trump last day prediction thread) ....He has to right? Trump is like the new guy at work that can't wait to blame everything on the guy he replaced.

No one is blaming Obama for the Yemeni raid, just addressing this absurd and false narrative that Trump thought it up in between the appetizer and the salad.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: February 03, 2017, 08:09:35 AM »

Considering Obama got blamed for the last 2 years of the Bush presidency, this is very likely.

Trump was very lucky to inherit a good economy and low unemployment rate.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The Trump Presidency
« Reply #1671 on: February 03, 2017, 08:12:03 AM »

Considering Obama got blamed for the last 2 years of the Bush presidency, this is very likely.

Trump was very lucky to inherit a good economy and low unemployment rate.

Some the lowest worker productivity numbers in the last 40 years in 2016, and anemic GDP growth.  Factory orders declining quarter over quarter and horrible workforce participation numbers.

I suppose that fits the "new normal" narrative tho. 

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: February 03, 2017, 08:14:00 AM »
Obama used Bush a lot for his shortcomings, but then totally pounded his own chest after Ben Ladin. Even tho it was a group of guys and entail that Bush put together. It goes both way, guys!

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: February 03, 2017, 08:29:40 AM »
Shout out to the French soldiers who didn't let the guy get down to the underground mall filled with shoppers. 

How many months has France been under a state of emergency now?

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: February 03, 2017, 08:32:04 AM »
Obama used Bush a lot for his shortcomings, but then totally pounded his own chest after Ben Ladin. Even tho it was a group of guys and entail that Bush put together. It goes both way, guys!

If you could share the quote of Obama blaming Bush once he took office, I would appreciate it.