Author Topic: The Trump Presidency  (Read 1049337 times)

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
Re: The Trump Presidency
« Reply #1350 on: January 29, 2017, 02:26:03 PM »
Unintentionally old man joke!

The Big Train

« Reply #1351 on: January 29, 2017, 02:26:46 PM »
Recursive Dax at work again

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: January 29, 2017, 02:32:04 PM »

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: January 29, 2017, 02:36:30 PM »
The horrific complicity demonstrated by Dems during the Obama Administration is really hitting home. 

Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrites.

So . . . sad
Are you able to discuss this topic without some variation of "libs were silent when Obama did things"? Goodness.

Sure, but topical hypocrisy is relevant, as is selective outrage.
No.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: January 29, 2017, 02:38:44 PM »
The horrific complicity demonstrated by Dems during the Obama Administration is really hitting home. 

So . . . sad
Are you able to discuss this topic without some variation of "libs were silent when Obama did things"? Goodness.

No.
Valid for a separate conversation sure. But not about a current issue with a current administration. Everyone is a hypocrite, injecting into a conversation just sidetracks it.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #1355 on: January 29, 2017, 02:52:12 PM »
Selective outrage over US residents being detained and not allowed to come home?

That's not actually a thing, tho.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: January 29, 2017, 02:55:10 PM »
Selective outrage over US residents being detained and not allowed to come home?

Trump was right wasn't he? You'd back him after he shot someone on 5th avenue...

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: January 29, 2017, 03:14:58 PM »

So . . . sad

understood but my God you've posted the exact same thing like 50 times. Point made, maybe add something new to the conversation? You're a creative guy, I'm sure youth can come up with something.

Sure.   I find it hilarious that so many libs and related are acting like this is a permanent ban on all Muslims, and cannot discuss this situation based on actual facts.   Instead, they'd rather consistently propagate unhelpful and harmful rhetoric and choose to act out for purely partisan reasons which at their core have nothing to do with actually caring about the plight of refugees.   If they actually cared about refugees (particularly from worn torn Muslim countries), they should have been marching en mass on the White House four or five years ago when the Obama Administration began a course of regime change without any plan or intent to deal with aftermath on any level that even resembled stabilization of the impacted country.   One many levels, it could easily be argued that U.S. indifference to the refugees created during U.S. direct and proxy wars was intentional.   

It is absolute fact and admitted by ISIS/ISIL/AQ that they have embedded terrorists into the immigrant population.   

“Since at least 2014, ISIL has been working to build an apparatus to direct and inspire attacks against it’s foreign enemies, resulting in hundreds of casualties. The most prominent examples are the attacks in Paris and Brussels, which we asses were directed by ISIL’s leadership. We judge that ISIL is training and attempting to deploy for operatives further attacks. ISIL has large cadre of western fighters who could potentially serve as operatives for attacks in the West. The group is probably exploring a variety of means for infiltrating operatives into the West, including in refugee flows, smuggling routes and legitimate methods of travel. Furthermore, as we have seen in Orlando, San Bernardino and elsewhere, ISIL is attempting to inspire attacks by sympathizers who have no direct links to the group. Last month, for example, a senior ISIL figure publicly urges the groups followers to conduct attacks in their home countries if they were unable to travel to Syria and Iraq. At the same time, ISIL is gradually cultivating the global network of branches into a more interconnected global organization.”
  (John Brennan, CIA, June 16, 2016). 

So, we have to hang on every word of the CIA in regards to the Russians, but when it comes to ISIL?  Well, let's hold the fort here, people!!

I find it hilarious (if not concerning) that so many libs and related chose to ignore the real security threat that exists, and chose to roll out completely unrelated domestic crime statistics. 

I find it concerning that so man libs and related continue to propagate the myth that a stabilizing border wall means the end to movement between Mexico and the United States and an end to immigration between the two countries (while also ignoring that Obama, Biden and Clinton all voted for an act to build a wall).   While totally ignoring that a Border Wall potentially ends the process of some of the worst people in the world preying on the innocent, poor and weak.   It's also a concern that so many don't recognize that huge parts of Mexico are now ceded to some the most dangerous people on the planet, legalizing drugs (except maybe Pot) isn't the answer, unless you want even more coked/meth'd/herion'd out people running around then we already have (and don't use some European countries as an example, because those are small countries, with relatively non-diverse populations, and in many cases have clamped down harshly on immigration, particularly from Middle Eastern countries). 

There are actually people out there who think that Sharia law, as long as, you know, they keep in "in house" isn't such a bad thing.   So let's think about this, a religion operating its own set of laws, of which many directly and purposely circumvent the law of the land, is fine? 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3358625/Inside-Britain-s-Sharia-courts-EIGHTY-FIVE-Islamic-courts-dispensing-justice-UK-special-investigation-really-goes-doors-shock-core.html

How could this possibly be a good thing?  Judeo-Christian entities (and others) who have practices that are similar (yet far more tame in most instances) are decried, mocked and targeted in the U.S. and elsewhere (as they should be if they practice anything remotely similar, particularly in regards to the subjugation of women).   Can't happen here?  Really?  So a G7, first world country has over 80 Sharia Courts, but it "can't happen here."   Fascinating. 

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: January 29, 2017, 03:17:13 PM »

Why did the courts have to step in and release the detainees, then?

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: January 29, 2017, 03:17:42 PM »
Sad
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: January 29, 2017, 03:26:41 PM »
Lol he said a lot of words but still used the Obama did it so we can do argument.

Anybody who thinks this is temporary is fooling themselves...But they voted for a reality star so it's expected.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: January 29, 2017, 03:39:47 PM »
Lol he said a lot of words but still used the Obama did it so we can do argument.

Anybody who thinks this is temporary is fooling themselves...But they voted for a reality star so it's expected.

I never said "we can to", I'm asking why no outrcry?   Of course I know why the selectively outraged were complicit, but people like you will never admit that was/is the case.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: January 29, 2017, 03:50:31 PM »
You are right in the respect that Trump's actions and words have awoken many who previously didn't pay enough attention. I'll own that one for sure.

So kudos to Trump? Is that what you want to hear?

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: January 29, 2017, 03:53:51 PM »

Trump was right wasn't he? You'd back him after he shot someone on 5th avenue...

Depends on who he shot, I guess.

I never said I supported the EO, and said I thought it was heavy handed. On its face, it doesn't seem unreasonable. It's not "no big deal", nor is it akin to the holocaust. It's exactly what he said he was going to do, so I'm not surprised about it.

It's insanely hypocritical for the resistance to claim moral outrage over this after 8 years of abject complicity, and that should be /thread.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: January 29, 2017, 03:56:09 PM »
You are right in the respect that Trump's actions and words have awoken many who previously didn't pay enough attention. I'll own that one for sure.

The same people who "didn't pay attention" (and chose not to because they're indoctrinated partisans), are the same people who for the most part don't have a single clue as to why this refugee and security crisis has come about.  Clearly don't have a clue this actually actually impacts a very small amount of travelers, and clearly didn't have a clue that the previous administration at their core, basically did nothing for the refugees from war torn areas.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1365 on: January 29, 2017, 04:10:59 PM »
So you the enlightened were protesting prior admin actions or no?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: January 29, 2017, 04:17:08 PM »
So you the enlightened were protesting prior admin actions or no?

I was certainly talking about it, but collectively no.

On another note, it was fantastic of the Obama administration to allow 12,000 Syrians into the country in Federal FY 2016.   Just a bit shy of the 5 million Syrians classified as refugees, and the additional 6 million classified as displaced.   12K allowed into the United States who were fleeing a war propagated and expanded by the U.S./Allies/Proxies (with the U.S. not accepting a Russian plan for Assad to step down 4 years earlier).

Just a slight fraction above basically not giving a crap.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: January 29, 2017, 04:18:20 PM »

They were seemingly wide awake in 2008, then went right back to sleep.

It's no wonder the dem party is in such shambles. It has no credibility.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: January 29, 2017, 04:26:40 PM »
Dax has completely melted down over the fact that most people aren't accepting xenophobia and racism.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: January 29, 2017, 04:27:48 PM »
Lol your dear leader is proposing policy completely against the GOP long standing positions and you are all following in step...Talk about credibility.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: January 29, 2017, 04:28:53 PM »
Dax has completely melted down over the fact that most people aren't accepting xenophobia and racism.

Using your logic the Obama administration practiced massive amounts of xenophobia, you, and people like you just chose to ignore it.  You're also selectively omitting that your idol's created the refugee crisis by their prosecution of perpetual war.

The Big Train

« Reply #1371 on: January 29, 2017, 04:33:46 PM »
"Someone else probably already did it so it makes it fine for us to take it to another level."  - Dax

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: January 29, 2017, 04:34:43 PM »
"Someone else probably already did it so it makes it fine for us to take it to another level."  - Dax

"I selectively chose to ignore the root cause" TBT

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: January 29, 2017, 04:39:29 PM »
Lol you are trying to say Trump is providing a solution to a problem Obama created....That doesn't exist. Next up...Trump solve flying spaghetti monster problem created by BO

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: January 29, 2017, 04:43:40 PM »
Lol you are trying to say Trump is providing a solution to a problem Obama created....That doesn't exist. Next up...Trump solve flying spaghetti monster problem created by BO

Strange, as I said, we're supposed to collectively buy into every word coming out of entities like the CIA when it may make Trump look bad.   Yet when the CIA director testifies before Congress that one of the most dangerous entities on the planet (outside of the U.S. under Obama) is trying to infiltrate operatives into refugee migrations, we're supposed to just blow that off?   

Weird, so the Obama administration didn't create an environment through the prosecution of perpetual war, that created millions of refugees?  That's revisionism at its best right there.  :thumbsup: