Author Topic: The Trump Presidency  (Read 1049746 times)

The Big Train

Re: The Trump Presidency
« Reply #750 on: January 11, 2017, 11:26:14 AM »
What's great about all this is that Trump reminds me of every other politician ever.  Just say whatever you want to get elected, then once elected decide to not do stuff that got you elected.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/trust-us-politicians-keep-most-of-their-promises/

Not a credible news source so I don't believe it.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: January 11, 2017, 11:26:48 AM »
dax you really are kind of repeating.  Hillary didn't win and will not be sworn in 9 days.  She done.

Yet it was Hillary empathizers who likely funded the idiotic recount and as I said you've got people like McCain who are mad that they likely didn't get the president who would deliver on their insane goals.

So Hillary still resonates.

If you say so.  There are better ways to defend your guy though.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: January 11, 2017, 11:28:22 AM »
Never seen someone so angry their guy won an election
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: January 11, 2017, 11:29:17 AM »
Dax, you are trying to word this in such a way where no comparo will be just since Don has nothing but words to discuss for now.

Your post was about why is he being beat up so much. 

The guy sat down with a national security advisor he never met and asked three times why we can't use nukes.   You don't see relevance/reason for ppl beating that dumbass stance up? 

If we are going to go back through all the dumbass statements that took place during his campaign and examine why it's ok to lampoon or show concern, we are going to basically just do a greatest hits rerun of the pit for the last 18 months.  If you are being truthful, you would see plenty of reason for Don catching a bunch of crap. 

I mean, it's ok to admit that and hold an opinion that Obama didn't play lights out ball on the international stage.

You asked for the facts about actions vs words.  Now you write a long meaningless screed, likely because you bought the propaganda of the greatest bait and switch administration in modern American history and you weren't really paying attention. 

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: January 11, 2017, 11:32:04 AM »

No incoming president has faced a bigger meltdown, and delegitimization campaign. 

Has an incoming president deserved it more?

Lol, so you think he "deserves" an almost completely concocted meltdown that in many cases completely ignores the facts.  Even worse, ignores that the current administration was and Hillary likely would have been worse on many of the things they're melting down about. 

cRusty gonna cRusty

For clarity, I quoted your post, Dax.  We weren't discussing the difference between action and words.  We were discussing the deserving of criticism.   As I explained in my "long meaningless screed", you are re framing.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: January 11, 2017, 11:36:16 AM »

No incoming president has faced a bigger meltdown, and delegitimization campaign. 

Has an incoming president deserved it more?

Lol, so you think he "deserves" an almost completely concocted meltdown that in many cases completely ignores the facts.  Even worse, ignores that the current administration was and Hillary likely would have been worse on many of the things they're melting down about. 

cRusty gonna cRusty

For clarity, I quoted your post, Dax.  We weren't discussing the difference between action and words.  We were discussing the deserving of criticism.   As I explained in my "long meaningless screed", you are re framing.

You asked for specific items in regards to the current administrations actions.  I gave you several and then you reframed and tried to make words equal to action.

You turned a question about using nukes (which one Dem pres used and another thought about it) into the same thing as a sitting president promising to end nukes and then signing off on a trillion dollar nuclear weapons modernization program.  But let's meltdown about Trump.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: January 11, 2017, 11:38:13 AM »
Ok, here's the transcript of his remarks on GoldenGate. Unfortunately the questions aren't included, but you'll get the gist.

(Question Inaudible)

Sure.

Ok, first of all, these meetings, as you know, are confidential, classified. So I'm not allowed to talk about what went on in a meeting. But we had many witnesses in that meeting. Many of them with us. And I will say again, I think it's a disgrace that information would be let out. I saw the information. I read the information outside of that meeting. It’s all fake news. It’s phony stuff. It did not happen. And it was gotten by opponents of ours, as you know because you reported it and so did many of the other people. It was a group of opponents they got together -- sick people -- and they put that crap together. So I will tell you that not within the meeting, but outside the meeting, somebody released it. It should never have been -- number one, should never have even entered paper. But should never have been released. But I read what has been released, and I think it's a disgrace. I think it's an absolute disgrace.

As far as hacking, I think it was Russia. But I think we also get hacked by other countries and other people. And I can say that, you know, when we lost twenty-two million names and everything else that was hacked recently, they didn’t make a big deal out of that. That was something that was extraordinary -- that was probably China. We had much hacking going on.

One of the things we’re going to do -- we have some of the greatest computer minds anywhere in the world that we've assembled. You saw just a sample of it two weeks ago up here we had the six top people in the world. They were never the same room together as a group. And we’re going to put those minds together, and we're going to form a defense. And I have to say this also -- the Democratic National Committee was totally open to be hacked. They did a very poor job. They could have had hacking defense, which we had. And I will give Reince Priebus credit because when Reince saw what was happening in the world and with this country, he went out and went to various firms and ordered a very, very strong hacking defense. And they tried to hack the Republican National Committee, and they were unable to break through. We have to do that for our country. It’s very important.

(Question inaudible)

Well, you know, President Putin and Russia put out a statement today that this fake news was indeed fake news. They said it totally never happened. Now somebody would say, “oh, of course he’s going to say that” -- I respected the fact that he said that. And I will be honest, I think if he did have something they would have released it. They would've been glad to release it. I think had they broken into the Republican National Committee, I think they would have released it -- just like they did about Hillary -- and all of the horrible things that her people, like Mr. Podesta said about her. I mean what he said about her was horrible. If somebody said about me what Podesta said about Hillary, I was the boss, I would have fired him immediately. Or that person. Because what he said about her was horrible. But remember this. We talk about the hacking. And hacking’s bad. And it shouldn’t be done. But look at the things that were hacked. Look at what was learned from that hacking. That Hillary Clinton got the questions to the debate and didn’t report it?  That’s a horrible thing. That’s a horrible thing. Can you imagine that if Donald Trump got the questions to the debate? It would have been the biggest story in the history of stories. And they would have said, “immediately you have to get out of the race.” No one even talked about it. It’s a very terrible thing.

(Question Inaudible)

Well, if Putin likes Donald Trump, I consider that an asset not a liability.  Because we have a horrible relationship with Russia.  Russia can help us fight ISIS, which is by the way, is number one tricky.  I mean, if you look, this administration created ISIS by leaving at the wrong time.  The void was created, ISIS was formed.  If Putin likes Donald Trump, guess what folks?  That’s called an asset not a liability.   Now I don't know that I am going to get along with Vladimir Putin.  I hope I do, but there is a good change I won’t.  And if I don’t, do you honestly believe that Hillary would be tougher on Putin than me?  Does anybody in this room really believe that?  Give me a break.  Ok.

(Question Inaudible)

No, I didn’t. Well, let me tell you. Yeah. Let me just tell you what I do. When I leave our country I’m a very high profile person, wouldn’t you say? I am extremely careful. I’m surrounded by bodyguards. I’m surrounded by people. And I always tell them, anywhere, but I always tell them, if I’m leaving this country, “Be very careful. Because in your hotel rooms -- and no matter where you go, you’re gonna probably have cameras. I’m not referring just to Russia, but I would certainly put them in that category -- and number one I hope you’re going to be good anyway. But in those rooms you have cameras in the strangest places. Cameras that are so small with modern technology, you can’t see them and you won’t know. You better be careful or you’ll be watching yourself on nightly television.” I tell this to people all the time. I was in Russia, years ago, with the Miss Universe contest, which did very well. Moscow, the Moscow area. Did very, very well. And I told many people, “Be careful. Because you don’t wanna see yourself on television.” Cameras all over the place. And again, not just Russia. All over. Does anyone really believe that story? I’m also very much of a germaphobe, by the way. Believe me.

Trump made a number of good points here and, all in all, pnwed the media.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 11:41:20 AM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: January 11, 2017, 11:44:10 AM »
No, he didn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: January 11, 2017, 11:46:03 AM »
So much anger by ProgLibs, they're never going to get over it are they? 

So sad

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: January 11, 2017, 11:49:23 AM »

So sad

"The other side isn't over it" says the guy continuously railing against the fictional Hillary presidency

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: January 11, 2017, 11:50:55 AM »

So sad

"The other side isn't over it" says the guy continuously railing against the fictional Hillary presidency

It really is, it's quite fascinating. But what can you expect from the most self righteous pit'r OAT.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: January 11, 2017, 11:53:01 AM »

So sad

Only a complete idiot would believe that you can just shut off the influence of an enterprise like team Clinton like a light switch.  Only a complete idiot would look at the lib rage and the rage of so many powerful people in the Clinton camp angry about her loss and think they're not going to undermine Trump at every turn.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: January 11, 2017, 11:55:15 AM »
No, he didn't.

Ok, I guess OKCat is a #goldenshower'r...
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: January 11, 2017, 11:55:45 AM »

So sad

Only a complete idiot would believe that you can just shut off the influence of an enterprise like team Clinton like a light switch.  Only a complete idiot would look at the lib rage and the rage of so many powerful people in the Clinton camp angry about her loss and think they're not going to undermine Trump at every turn.

So what is the time frame where this isn't about Hillary anymore?  A week after the swearing in?  Month?  the rest of your life?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: January 11, 2017, 11:57:30 AM »

So sad

So what is the time frame where this isn't about Hillary anymore?  A week after the swearing in?  Month?  the rest of your life?

As long as the greatest post presidential election meltdown in history carries on, largely fueled by Clinton supporters and Clinton power brokers. 

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #765 on: January 11, 2017, 11:58:04 AM »
The party not in power tries to undermine the party in power at every turn.  The Republicans have been doing it to Obama for 8 years.  The Democrats largely did it to Bush 8 years before that.  It's the two party system.

Only some paranoid idiot that has been brainwashed by their fake news for too long thinks Clinton is still lurking in the shadows.  Sure some supporters are still hanging on and trying things, but Clinton is done Dax.  Let it go.  Find a new boogeyman.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: January 11, 2017, 11:58:19 AM »

So sad

Only a complete idiot would believe that you can just shut off the influence of an enterprise like team Clinton like a light switch.  Only a complete idiot would look at the lib rage and the rage of so many powerful people in the Clinton camp angry about her loss and think they're not going to undermine Drumpf at every turn.

So what is the time frame where this isn't about Hillary anymore?  A week after the swearing in?  Month? the rest of your life?

Dax doesn't ever back down. This is safe bet (+ Dax's age suggests it)
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: January 11, 2017, 11:58:42 AM »
So from what I just read he is saying he agrees with the intelligence community and that it was for sure Russian hacking of the podesta emails?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: January 11, 2017, 11:58:53 AM »
Here's the exchange over tax returns....

(Question inaudible)

Well, I'm not releasing the tax returns because, as you know, they're under audit.

(Question inaudible)

Oh, gee, I've never heard that. I’ve never heard that before. :lol: The only one that cares about my tax returns are the reporters. They’re the only ones. But no, I don't think so. I won -- I mean, I became president -- no, I don’t think [the American people] care at all. I don't think they care at all. I think you care. I think you care.

Which is true. The media wants to make Donald's tax returns a big story. Nobody gives a crap about this except for butthurt liberals.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: January 11, 2017, 12:00:05 PM »
Well luckily he can cancel that audit in a few days and release them without worry

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: January 11, 2017, 12:04:46 PM »
The party not in power tries to undermine the party in power at every turn.  The Republicans have been doing it to Obama for 8 years.  The Democrats largely did it to Bush 8 years before that.  It's the two party system.

Only some paranoid idiot that has been brainwashed by their fake news for too long thinks Clinton is still lurking in the shadows.  Sure some supporters are still hanging on and trying things, but Clinton is done Dax.  Let it go.  Find a new boogeyman.

I won't even comment on your Captain Obvious first paragraph. 

I am one of the ones making fun of the fake news, so I don't have any idea where the eff that came from.

When you have people like McCain who was in lockstep or near lockstep with Clinton in terms of war, regime changes and antagonism if Russia personally handing highly dubious "intelligence" reports over to the FBI.  Then the Clinton influence is still very much there.  Until this stops it is a viable talking point. 

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: January 11, 2017, 12:06:11 PM »
#daxplaining

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: January 11, 2017, 12:07:08 PM »

So sad

As long as the greatest post presidential election meltdown in history carries on, largely fueled by Clinton supporters and Clinton power brokers.

Cool.  Beats trying to defend him on policy I guess.

The Big Train

« Reply #773 on: January 11, 2017, 12:07:52 PM »
Nuclear winter is a bitch and it's coming :frown:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: January 11, 2017, 12:08:06 PM »
#daxplaining

When your fellow enraged lib buddies post 3, 4, 5, 6 paragraph posts, it takes a bit.

Don't be your usual dumbass self lib