Author Topic: The Trump Presidency  (Read 1048014 times)

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: The Trump Presidency
« Reply #5425 on: October 20, 2017, 08:35:44 AM »
So trump was lying when he denied saying "he knew what he was signing up for" and when he said he had "proof" that this congresswoman was lying?

First, you are assuming that Trump was referring to those specific words "he knew was he was signing up for" when he said that wasn't true, as opposed to "but I guess it hurts anyway" or the characterization of the entire conversation. The latter would be the reasonable thing to conclude, unless you are a butthurt liberal looking for a lie.

Second, you are assuming that the only "proof" would be an audio recording, as opposed to numerous people being in the room with Trump when he made the call, which is true.

You're bending over backwards to find a lie, any lie, to excuse this disgusting political stunt. You should really let this go.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

The Big Train

« Reply #5426 on: October 20, 2017, 08:35:47 AM »
First he didn’t watch the video himself, just saw it on infowars or something.  Second he might be trolling because that’s about the only explanation for his posting here other than being a sub 80 IQ person

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5427 on: October 20, 2017, 08:37:22 AM »
how can you "politicize" something that a "politician" said/did?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5428 on: October 20, 2017, 08:39:26 AM »
KSUW, why do you post a video for discussion, and then when people watch and comment on it you try to change the subject?

Change the subject? I think I'm staying perfectly on point. The video concerned Kelly's disgust with how this has been politicized, and this congresswoman in particular. And yes I did watch it, and hopefully everyone else will, too.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5429 on: October 20, 2017, 08:41:48 AM »

I don't think you're trying to be cute. It's an interesting question. But it has a very easy answer. A president's role as CIC of the Armed Forces is not supposed to be political in nature. Particularly not calling the bereaved to express condolences.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #5430 on: October 20, 2017, 08:43:34 AM »
Maybe trump should stop making these types of things political then
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5431 on: October 20, 2017, 08:44:44 AM »

I don't think you're trying to be cute. It's an interesting question. But it has a very easy answer. A president's role as CIC of the Armed Forces is not supposed to be political in nature. Particularly not calling the bereaved to express condolences.

so why is a random person talking about a shitty thing he did as CIC of the Armed Forces "politicizing it"? i IRL don't understand what you mean.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #5432 on: October 20, 2017, 08:48:21 AM »
Maybe ksuw does not know the timeline of events here and how known horrible person Donald J trump was the one to politicize this subject

Or maybe he's just trying to get a win for his team at all costs

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5433 on: October 20, 2017, 08:49:07 AM »
politicizing something is like when you put a twin towers logo in your campaign billboards.

but if you are a politician (or former host of celebrity apprentice that is now president of the united states) and you say something awful, and someone else comments on it, that is not politicizing it.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #5434 on: October 20, 2017, 08:52:32 AM »
Well he also said he's the only president in history to call the families and then dragged general Kelly's kid into the mud by claiming Obama hates America because he did not call Gen Kelly (he called the son's wife, which is standard)

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #5435 on: October 20, 2017, 08:55:08 AM »
Misrepresenting the situation between Obama and gen kelly while blatantly lying about past presidents is just trump being "inarticulate" to kdub tho

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5436 on: October 20, 2017, 09:08:35 AM »

Trump brought this entire thing upon himself. He is a politician. What a goofball thing to defend.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5437 on: October 20, 2017, 09:10:47 AM »
yeah I don't see what Obama has to do with Trump's call to that family...

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5438 on: October 20, 2017, 09:20:14 AM »
Did Trump refrain from acknowledging the soldiers' deaths in the first place because he thought it would be bad for him politically? And then, when asked about it, drag Obama into this stuff about calling families as a diversion?

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5439 on: October 20, 2017, 09:23:01 AM »
KSUW, why do you post a video for discussion, and then when people watch and comment on it you try to change the subject?

Change the subject? I think I'm staying perfectly on point. The video concerned Kelly's disgust with how this has been politicized, and this congresswoman in particular. And yes I did watch it, and hopefully everyone else will, too.

So you posted the video just to show that the WH chief of staff repeated the same talking points as the WH press secretary? Yea, he did that but this thing is riddled with subtext.

Did you not see him basically admit Trump was lying by never contradicting the congresswoman’s story?

Did you not see him calling out Trump’s poor judgment by saying he advised Trump not to make the call in the first place?

Did you not see him call out Trump for his attacks on a gold star family at the conventions?

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5440 on: October 20, 2017, 09:37:27 AM »
I mean why are they good star families anyways. We like winners...the gold star families should be the alive solider families.....

- Trump's brain probably

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #5441 on: October 20, 2017, 09:38:16 AM »
Did Trump refrain from acknowledging the soldiers' deaths in the first place because he thought it would be bad for him politically? And then, when asked about it, drag Obama into this stuff about calling families as a diversion?

No, trump was just inarticulate

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5442 on: October 20, 2017, 09:38:27 AM »
A man sees what he wants to see, and disregards the rest. - Paul Simon

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #5443 on: October 20, 2017, 09:44:39 AM »
Whole lotta back peddlin' going on up in here. I told you hitching your wagon to that crazy liberal was going to blow up in your faces.

Trump deserves credit for calling. He expressed the sentiments given to him by a venerable advisor and Gold Star parent himself. Those comments were, at most, poorly articulated, and perhaps completely misconstrued in a wife's grief and a disgusting political huckster's urge to politicize them. And the libs glommed on.

I always wondered what New York from Flavor of Love went on to do after the show  :love:
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5444 on: October 20, 2017, 10:00:38 AM »
Omg, have you not even seen I Love New York?

Boy you are in for a treat.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5445 on: October 20, 2017, 10:40:16 AM »

so why is a random person talking about a shitty thing he did as CIC of the Armed Forces "politicizing it"? i IRL don't understand what you mean.

So now a congresswoman is a random person? Huh.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5446 on: October 20, 2017, 10:41:33 AM »
politicizing something is like when you put a twin towers logo in your campaign billboards.

but if you are a politician (or former host of celebrity apprentice that is now president of the united states) and you say something awful, and someone else comments on it, that is not politicizing it.

So a congresswoman is "some other person" and wasn't trying to score political points taking on the president? Huh.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5447 on: October 20, 2017, 10:44:25 AM »
Well he also said he's the only president in history to call the families and then dragged general Kelly's kid into the mud by claiming Obama hates America because he did not call Gen Kelly (he called the son's wife, which is standard)

Do you think Trump just randomly started talking about this? He was responding to a "why haven't you called?" question. Yes, he was overly defensive about it. One of his weaknesses is he is too rash to pick every single fight when he should just occasionally take the high road and not feel the need to defend himself constantly. Then again, that's easy for me to say - I might feel differently if I was constantly subject to unfair attacks.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5448 on: October 20, 2017, 10:48:19 AM »

So a congresswoman is "some other person" and wasn't trying to score political points taking on the president? Huh.

wut?

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5449 on: October 20, 2017, 10:48:53 AM »
Was the question Trump was asked about calling the families or about making a public statement?