Author Topic: PS Vue/Sling TV  (Read 53748 times)

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Re: PS Vue/Sling TV
« Reply #625 on: March 18, 2023, 04:34:08 PM »
i’d try this one first-
BAM Long Range Digital HDTV Antenna - Indoor OTA (Over The Air) VHF/UHF Amplified HD TV Receiver, $9.99

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: March 18, 2023, 04:41:54 PM »
Anyone have a good tv antenna that works and I can hide for local channels? We just don’t watch much TV so I’m thinking of dropping YouTube tv for the summer and just getting Sling or maybe nothing for a while and see how it goes. Mrs SF does watch the local news sometimes so I’d like to get the local channels in my bedroom at least but she won’t want to see an ugly ass antenna.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don't a lot of local stations have Roku channels that stream their broadcasts? I would look into that. My experience is TV antennas that aren't massive kind of suck
Hey, this is a good idea. I’d much rather stream them if possible. Thanks, didn’t even consider.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: March 18, 2023, 04:55:02 PM »
Anyone have a good tv antenna that works and I can hide for local channels? We just don’t watch much TV so I’m thinking of dropping YouTube tv for the summer and just getting Sling or maybe nothing for a while and see how it goes. Mrs SF does watch the local news sometimes so I’d like to get the local channels in my bedroom at least but she won’t want to see an ugly ass antenna.

Don't a lot of local stations have Roku channels that stream their broadcasts? I would look into that. My experience is TV antennas that aren't massive kind of suck
Hey, this is a good idea. I’d much rather stream them if possible. Thanks, didn’t even consider.

Well crap. Looks like I can get them through Apple TV as well.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: August 01, 2023, 09:38:08 AM »
Is Hulu+ Live TV still the best option for a sports fan who watching nothing other than KSU football, MBB and WBB?

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: August 01, 2023, 09:44:43 AM »
Is Hulu+ Live TV still the best option for a sports fan who watching nothing other than KSU football, MBB and WBB?

I still have youtubetv and it seems fine. Pretty sure its basically the same as Hulu.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #630 on: August 01, 2023, 10:44:03 AM »
I think as long as you have espn+ and access to the espn cable channels you are covered. I think anytime we are on Fox it's all OTA.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: August 01, 2023, 10:57:43 AM »
I was just thinking about this thread because my YTTV is set to resume in a few weeks and was wondering if there are better options out there.  I like that multiview feature that YTTV brought out a while back.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: August 01, 2023, 11:44:56 AM »
I think as long as you have espn+ and access to the espn cable channels you are covered. I think anytime we are on Fox it's all OTA.
we're on FS1 quite a bit but generally any package that has ESPNU would also have FS1

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: August 01, 2023, 11:56:19 AM »
Yea forgot about FS1, looks like Troy will be broadcast that way. Probably get one conference game on FS1 too.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: August 01, 2023, 01:01:19 PM »

I still have youtubetv and it seems fine. Pretty sure its basically the same as Hulu.
Did a bit of checking on CNET and it looks like YTTV and Hulu+ Live are pretty close to the same thing.

https://www.cnet.com/tech/services-and-software/youtube-tv-sling-tv-directv-stream-more-top-100-channels-compared/

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: August 01, 2023, 06:46:05 PM »
yttv = costco, hulu+ = sams club

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: August 01, 2023, 08:06:16 PM »
:Keke:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: September 09, 2023, 04:34:12 PM »
Lol

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: September 09, 2023, 04:35:00 PM »
Alt view

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: September 09, 2023, 06:50:37 PM »
Does the YTTV multi view have to be a pre-selected set? I don’t understand why you can’t just pick 4 channels.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: September 09, 2023, 06:52:57 PM »
Does the YTTV multi view have to be a pre-selected set? I don’t understand why you can’t just pick 4 channels.
Yes! LET ME COOK YTTV!

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: September 09, 2023, 09:23:18 PM »

Yes I don't understand it either. I assume it's because of unnecessarily overcomplicated code.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: September 10, 2023, 08:07:59 AM »
I signed up for YouTubeTV after using Hulu+ Live for the 2022-23 KSU sports seasons and I'm liking it a lot better so far. The app feels more similar to the way "cable" used to work. No freezing or buffering issues experienced during several hours of watching the Cat football game and the US Open.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: September 10, 2023, 09:34:49 AM »
I signed up for YouTubeTV after using Hulu+ Live for the 2022-23 KSU sports seasons and I'm liking it a lot better so far. The app feels more similar to the way "cable" used to work. No freezing or buffering issues experienced during several hours of watching the Cat football game and the US Open.

This is why I like it. The AppleTV remote is wonderful as well
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Ronnyvagh

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: October 10, 2023, 01:17:06 PM »
Switching up your TV options can be a great idea, especially if you're looking for more flexibility and cost-effectiveness. I've been in a similar situation myself, exploring alternatives when my contract was up. Sling TV is a popular choice for cord-cutters, and it might be a good fit for you, too. But if you're open to even more options, I'd suggest giving the So Player app a shot. It's been gaining traction among streamers for its versatility. The key is to find what suits your viewing habits and budget best so that when April comes around, you can make the switch seamlessly.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2023, 03:21:17 AM by Ronnyvagh »

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #645 on: October 10, 2023, 01:29:46 PM »
Switching up your TV options can be a great idea, especially if you're looking for more flexibility and cost-effectiveness. I've been in a similar situation myself, exploring alternatives when my contract was up.

@DaBigTrain and trigger warning for @sonofdaxjones

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: October 10, 2023, 02:08:52 PM »
I'm happy with DirecTV Stream, would probably be happier if I sprung for their box and remote instead of changing channels with the crap Roku remote.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: October 10, 2023, 02:40:15 PM »
I'm happy with DirecTV Stream, would probably be happier if I sprung for their box and remote instead of changing channels with the crap Roku remote.

What? The Roku remote rocks.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: October 10, 2023, 04:36:05 PM »
Switching up your TV options can be a great idea, especially if you're looking for more flexibility and cost-effectiveness. I've been in a similar situation myself, exploring alternatives when my contract was up.

It's great to hear that you've been open to exploring different TV options to find the best fit for your needs. There are indeed several reasons why switching up your TV service can be a good idea, and it often comes down to personal preferences and changing circumstances. Here are a few common reasons people consider switching:

Cost-Effectiveness: TV subscription costs can add up, and sometimes, there are more affordable options available. Streaming services, for example, often offer flexible pricing and the ability to customize your content.

Flexibility: Many people appreciate the flexibility of streaming services, which allow you to watch content on various devices and without long-term contracts. You can often cancel or change your plan at any time.

Content Variety: Different TV providers offer a range of channels and content libraries. If you want access to specific shows, sports, or channels, switching to a different provider might be the solution.

Quality and Technology: Advancements in technology can make a significant difference in your viewing experience. If you want 4K resolution, a better user interface, or specific features like cloud DVR, it might be worth exploring new providers.

Location and Availability: Sometimes, you move to a new area where your current TV service isn't available, or you discover new local options that better suit your needs.

Customer Service: Quality customer service can make a big difference in your TV-watching experience. If you've had issues with your current provider's customer service, you might want to switch.

Remember to do your research and compare different TV options to find the one that best aligns with your preferences and budget. Keep in mind that the TV landscape is continually evolving, so it's a good idea to revisit your choices periodically to ensure you're getting the most value for your entertainment needs.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: October 10, 2023, 08:44:59 PM »

What? The Roku remote rocks.

Bitb imho
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite