Author Topic: PS Vue/Sling TV  (Read 53571 times)

Online kstate4life

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: PS Vue/Sling TV
« Reply #575 on: September 28, 2021, 03:46:18 PM »
Not sure if the correct thread, but YTTV in a contract dispute with NBCU.  As of Thursday, they will likely no longer carry all NBC channels, including NBC itself.

Good new is, if you don't mind the inconvenience, it will save you $5 a month.  YTTC is discounting the monthly fee by $10 a month, and Peacock premium is only $5 a month.

I'm down with this. I have no idea if I watch NBC or not. I'm pretty sure I don't, so I'll take the $10 a month. Its actually pretty great of them to offer the money back. I like this way better than when they add stuff I don't watch and charge me.

Yeah, the refund is nice for sure.  Sunday night football is on NBC, so that sucks.  Other than that, my wife is pissed that Bravo is going away.  We will have to get Peacock for that I have no doubt.

Ohh, sunday night football is a bummer. Chiefs already did that so I'm good there, though. Does that stream on Peacock?

Yeah Peacock premium has live streaming.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #576 on: September 28, 2021, 03:59:00 PM »
Just use jmark links. Duh.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: September 29, 2021, 10:34:48 AM »
Don’t these disputes work themselves out on the last day every time?

No, not at all. I'd say just as many carriage disputes get unresolved as do ones getting resolved without missing any programming.

Online Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: September 29, 2021, 10:38:19 AM »

No, not at all. I'd say just as many carriage disputes get unresolved as do ones getting resolved without missing any programming.

I think a lot of the big network ones get resolved, or at least they used to. The sports networks are the ones that carry on or just get dropped. It is interesting now that everyone has their own streaming option now though. The providers have def lost some leverage as the networks and still get eyeballs by people switching to the streaming service if they are dropped from a platform.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: September 29, 2021, 11:00:32 AM »
Lol, NBC wanted yttv to bundle the 'male genitals with yttv but the channels wouldn't be available through the yttv app and you would have to go through the 'male genitals app.

Goggle obviously did not see much value in that lmao
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: September 29, 2021, 11:33:36 AM »
I’ve never seen any channels of mine go away, even temporarily. I’ve often seen the channels and providers putting out propaganda against the other for week and urging viewers to call the other and bitch, and then it ends with no change or fanfare.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: September 29, 2021, 11:35:20 AM »
They took away the Royals this year in the KC market. If they eff with any of those channels, it's deuces.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: September 29, 2021, 11:37:50 AM »
I’ve never seen any channels of mine go away, even temporarily. I’ve often seen the channels and providers putting out propaganda against the other for week and urging viewers to call the other and bitch, and then it ends with no change or fanfare.

Who is your provider?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: September 29, 2021, 11:40:09 AM »
Kansas, Cox. Seattle, Comcast.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: September 29, 2021, 11:47:47 AM »
Well, we're discussing YoutubeTV.  :dunno: And we have seen channels taken away from it. I don't think it's here for the long run.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #585 on: September 29, 2021, 01:57:45 PM »
Lol, NBC wanted yttv to bundle the 'male genitals with yttv but the channels wouldn't be available through the yttv app and you would have to go through the 'male genitals app.

it would be amazing if you could get peacock and ESPN Plus content in the YTTV app like you can with HBO. obviously because those platforms suck and YTTV kicks ass

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: September 29, 2021, 07:35:51 PM »

it would be amazing if you could get peacock and ESPN Plus content in the YTTV app like you can with HBO. obviously because those platforms suck and YTTV kicks ass
I absolutely love YTTV. I've had it for three years now.
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: September 30, 2021, 01:59:10 AM »
Well, we're discussing YoutubeTV.  :dunno: And we have seen channels taken away from it. I don't think it's here for the long run.

This isn't a matter of whether or not YTTV is going anywhere or not, every single provider has carriage disputes, literally every one. And yes, YTTV has had other carriage disputes, in fact they are involved in one of the most notorious carriage disputes of all time currently with Sinclair/Bally Sports. This is one of them I had in mind when I mentioned disputes that may never be resolved.

I don't know if it was ever resolved but YTTV and Roku were involved in a carriage dispute as well.

Streaming services will be more susceptible than linear television to these carriage disputes because these huge media companies are turning their streaming services into competitors of the streaming giants like YTTV, Hulu, and Sling.

Comcast is being unreasonable with their demand for a reason. Peacock has 49 channels of their own, including live local streaming and exclusive deals with some leagues. Paramount doesn't have as many channels but they also have streaming of local CBS programming and they have the entertainment channels that get the largest subscriber fees from the non sports and news channels, MTV, A&E, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, and BET.

Basically the bigger these media conglomerates get the worst it is for all consumers because they are all going to be comfortable with running to their own corners and reaching into their pockets themselves instead through an intermediary which was the linear cable/satellite companies.

You people who wanted a la carte are getting your wish and it blows.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: September 30, 2021, 03:00:47 AM »
Kansas, Cox. Seattle, Comcast.

Cox are the goats with these carriage negotiations. As far as I can tell they've only lost programming twice both were with deals with local broadcasting conglomerates and both were for less than a week. They had a dispute with Nextstar, notorious jackasses to deal with, they've had disputes with everyone. Anyway Cox lost those stations for 4 days back in 2016. Cox lost Hearst Communications local channels for 1 day in 2017.

Comcast have had plenty, it's just crap you don't watch. They seem to really draw the line with regional sports networks. They lost the YES Network for 2 years '17-'19. They currently have been in a dispute with BeIn Sports for three years running now, Altitude currently for two. Comcast, because presumably they are so big, gets sued by networks and their owners, a lot, Comcast always win, but they do get taken to court about these disputes quite a bit. They had a dispute with the tennis channel that went to the supreme court, but they elected not to hear that case.

Online Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: September 30, 2021, 05:57:25 AM »
My current lineup-

Criterion- pay
Peacock- pay
Paramount plus- pay
Netflix premium- pay
Amazon Prime- pay
MLB.TV- split
Disney / ESPN+ / Hulu - pay but am transitioning to not pay
Hbo max- don’t pay
CNBC- don’t pay
Fox- don’t pay

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: September 30, 2021, 07:56:00 AM »
HBO Max is all I care about, don’t touch that baby. I never wanted to leave cable, but it made too much sense when we we’re paying 2 something a month & can split the bill on yttv when the folks. I hope they figure it out.

Online WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: October 03, 2021, 03:23:20 PM »
It's nice to have VTTV when traveling. Can log in on any smart tv and have all my channels. Was able to watch the Chiefs game even though it wasn't on the local network here.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Online kstate4life

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: October 04, 2021, 02:38:43 PM »

We will find out!

Resolved!

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: October 04, 2021, 03:03:04 PM »
:lol: :thumbs:

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: December 14, 2021, 10:10:24 AM »
Just saw an email from Youtube TV about their negotiations with Disney.  If an agreement isn't reached by Friday all the Disney channels will be yanked but they will reduce the cost of the service by $15.

We shall see!   :users:

Online kstate4life

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: December 14, 2021, 10:26:54 AM »
Just saw an email from Youtube TV about their negotiations with Disney.  If an agreement isn't reached by Friday all the Disney channels will be yanked but they will reduce the cost of the service by $15.

We shall see!   :users:

Yeah this one would be brutal... no ESPN.  Figure it out YouTube!

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: December 14, 2021, 10:30:22 AM »
Yeah I'd cancel immediately if that happened. Forgot ESPN was Disney lol

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #597 on: December 14, 2021, 11:06:05 AM »
I've already disabled renewal. Gonna lean on the jmarks type links until next CFB.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: December 14, 2021, 11:21:24 AM »
It'll really upset me if that happens. First the bally crap, then this.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: December 14, 2021, 11:57:04 AM »
Yeah Disney definitely would seem to have leverage because they know Youtube TV would lose a ton of subscribers especially with bowl game season coming up.  Interesting to note that same email from Youtube TV outright encouraged people to sign up for the Disney bundle so interpret that how you want.