Author Topic: PS Vue/Sling TV  (Read 53789 times)

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: PS Vue/Sling TV
« Reply #500 on: March 10, 2021, 06:06:36 PM »
jmarks left this nugget a while back. I only have internet at my house with a tv antenna. No YTTV or other such service. Haven't missed a game this year.

therealstreamhub.site/index dot php

I think I got a virus typing this in my browser. Did you give me a virus? I just want to watch the Royals and don't have cable.
Heh. Never had a problem there.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk
Can't find the game tonight, what gives?
I was wrong and I apologize. - michigancat 8/22/14

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: March 11, 2021, 08:30:32 AM »
jmarks left this nugget a while back. I only have internet at my house with a tv antenna. No YTTV or other such service. Haven't missed a game this year.

I think I got a virus typing this in my browser. Did you give me a virus? I just want to watch the Royals and don't have cable.

An ominous screen came up telling me I'm probably a robot (am I a robot?) and I got scared and bailed.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: March 11, 2021, 08:34:15 AM »
While we are on this topic can someone help a not very techy person watch the Royals without getting a virus or it being really hard? I've looked into the location spoofing thingies and then paying for MLB.TV, but i'm not sure how it works and it seems hard. I clicked the last site and it talked about robots. I'm willing to pay, but I also don't really care about pirating from MLB since they like to make it as hard as possible to watch their product, so eff them.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: March 11, 2021, 08:48:57 AM »
Can you not get the FSN games on your local cable? The game was on yesterday on ours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #504 on: March 11, 2021, 08:55:19 AM »

An ominous screen came up telling me I'm probably a robot (am I a robot?) and I got scared and bailed.
Chrome with Ad Blocker. Should be good to go.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: March 11, 2021, 10:06:21 AM »
Can you not get the FSN games on your local cable? The game was on yesterday on ours.

No cable and no interest in going back to cable. I have Youtube Tv.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
PS Vue/Sling TV
« Reply #506 on: March 11, 2021, 10:18:04 AM »
YTTV has regional sports channels. There’s really hardly any difference nowadays between cable and streaming services other than the latter can be subscribed and cancelled on a dime.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: March 11, 2021, 10:19:28 AM »
People watch spring training games?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: March 11, 2021, 10:27:26 AM »
YTTV has regional sports channels. There’s really hardly any difference nowadays between cable and streaming services

There's no way you actually believe that.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: March 11, 2021, 10:49:27 AM »
Yeah Fox Sports KC was yanked from the YTTV lineup like immediately after the baseball season ended last year.  I keep hoping there will be a dramatic last minute announcement of it being added back for this season.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #510 on: March 11, 2021, 11:18:41 AM »
YTTV has regional sports channels. There’s really hardly any difference nowadays between cable and streaming services

I believe it enough to have no idea what you’re getting at. Obviously I’m only talking about live TV streaming services, but they go through the same crap making contracts with content providers that cable companies do.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: March 11, 2021, 12:25:30 PM »

Huh?

The only difference between yttv and the cable companies in my area is that the audio is 2 channel stereo instead of 5.1. Picture quality is the same.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: March 11, 2021, 12:30:32 PM »
'clams and I have a conspiracy theory that Google fiber TV is purposely pushing people to cancel so they will go to yttv and can stop supporting both.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: March 11, 2021, 02:22:31 PM »
YTTV has regional sports channels. There’s really hardly any difference nowadays between cable and streaming services other than the latter can be subscribed and cancelled on a dime.

Nope, no they do not.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: March 11, 2021, 04:22:38 PM »
Just checked and I’ll be damned. Never bothered checking back after college football was over.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: March 11, 2021, 05:24:06 PM »

Sorry, I took your “willing to pay” to mean you were willing to pay.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: March 11, 2021, 11:09:48 PM »

Huh?

The only difference between yttv and the cable companies in my area is that the audio is 2 channel stereo instead of 5.1. Picture quality is the same.

You get far more channel choices with cable, even more with satellite, up to 5 times more in fact, and reliability is better for cable. Not to mention that the picture quality you speak of is completely dependant on your internet speed, which unless you have fiber, isn't always reliable either.

Now YTTV is a great value for the price, but it's just that, it's a cost savings and you get what you pay for. The premium price you pay for cable gets you more channels, reliability, and better usability. Saying there's hardly a difference is kinda silly. Cord cutters have determined they can do without those differences, and that's cool, but they exist and they're stark.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: March 11, 2021, 11:16:45 PM »
YTTV has more channels than I want. For sports it's great. (at least since I have the regional sports channels).

I might miss one FSMW football game a year but not a big deal.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: March 12, 2021, 12:53:18 AM »
Idk, MIR, you might be surprised.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: March 12, 2021, 05:57:19 AM »
Iirc mir has slow satellite internet or something so it's a legitimate concern on his end.

But I still think he's stuck on 5 years ago when it comes to his attitude on streaming. The products have improved massively, but like michimichicat I don't watch any cable TV except live sports so things like having the arts and entertainment package of d list channels is unimportant to me.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: March 12, 2021, 07:21:21 AM »
While we are on this topic can someone help a not very techy person watch the Royals without getting a virus or it being really hard? I've looked into the location spoofing thingies and then paying for MLB.TV, but i'm not sure how it works and it seems hard. I clicked the last site and it talked about robots. I'm willing to pay, but I also don't really care about pirating from MLB since they like to make it as hard as possible to watch their product, so eff them.

DL the FOx Sports app?  You need Hulu, YouTube TV, or some other streaming thing that will act as a “provider” when registering the app.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: March 12, 2021, 10:07:28 AM »

DL the FOx Sports app?  You need Hulu, YouTube TV, or some other streaming thing that will act as a “provider” when registering the app.

This doesn't seem like a thing MLB/Sinclair would allow without me having a provider that has the rights (YTTV)? I can give it a shot though!!!

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: March 12, 2021, 10:08:37 AM »

Sorry, I took your “willing to pay” to mean you were willing to pay.

Should have been more clear. Willing to pay, but not willing to deal with shitty cable companies and giant boxes, wires, etc.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: March 13, 2021, 10:22:21 AM »
Iirc mir has slow satellite internet or something so it's a legitimate concern on his end.

But I still think he's stuck on 5 years ago when it comes to his attitude on streaming. The products have improved massively, but like michimichicat I don't watch any cable TV except live sports so things like having the arts and entertainment package of d list channels is unimportant to me.

I do not have satellite internet with slow speeds and data caps, I did like three years ago though, so I know that side of cord cutting more than people who have lived in urban settings for a long time.

I'm probably much more aware of the differences between cable/satellite and streaming services because I recently convinced myself to switch but after doing extensive research I decided not to. I personally don't have an issue with cord cutting and streaming services, but I reject that it is a similar product to cable and satellite, it's a cheaper alternative for those willing to sacrifice an extended channel line up and an unquestionably better reliability.

We didn't end up switching because after looking at what channels we watch as five television watching people, we all would have to either stop watching things we like or we would have to supplement with network streaming services and cutting into the primary draw of cord cutting which is the price difference. It also doesn't help that I know the carriage issues of these services, particularly YTTV would be problematic for me. Every single Sporting Kansas City tweet is ruined by crybaby cord cutters who can't watch the matches and they think that whining about it to SKC and the league in every tweet will change it, as if the team doesn't want every person in the world to watch their matches.

Cable and satellite had a 35 year head start on streaming services. I'm sure they will close the gap and will do it very quickly, but they haven't yet. I love K-State and the Big 12, but those things aren't LSU and the SEC, and that's okay. I get the motivation from cord cutters to say streaming is the same thing but it just isn't yet, doesn't make streaming bad, it's actually a very good alternative.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: March 13, 2021, 02:27:24 PM »
Some excellent points there, and I definitely agree that streaming cable is not great in your situation.

Maybe I just don't use it enough to have known a problem, but I still can't agree about reliability. What do you mean here? The only time I remember yttv being unavailable was that day all of Google crashed for a few hours.