Author Topic: Pools  (Read 6082 times)

Online TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Pools
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2021, 01:57:44 PM »
I can’t put a pool in my backyard. I’m willingness to drop a decent amount of money at a private pool. However, every single one of them near me don’t have umbrellas or shade. Just a giant concrete roasting deck. It’s driving me crazy.

Is because your house was built on a cemetery where they only moved the headstones and not the graves?

No, just a small, sloped back yard. Wasn’t anticipating having kids that could live in the water. We have a 12-foot above ground they spend 2-3 hours a day in in the summer, but they’ll outgrow it in a year. We really like everything else about our house, so we don’t want to move just for a pool. I’m going to call a local golf/pool club to see if I can bring in a collapsible shade & chairs.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2021, 03:46:02 PM »
I could spend every day of the summer on/in the water. Pool, lake, boat, river, beach, pond idgaf. Took in noodie beach at Milford yesterday. Total blast
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Online TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2021, 04:33:31 PM »
I could spend every day of the summer on/in the water. Pool, lake, boat, river, beach, pond idgaf. Took in noodie beach at Milford yesterday. Total blast

Is Milford still in an algae bloom? I know people who took their house boats out & just sold them because it was going to be years before Milford was going to be back to normal, but that was awhile ago.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2021, 04:56:20 PM »
Huge supply issue for Chlorine this year, you really dodged a bullet not putting in a pool
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Online TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2021, 05:09:54 PM »
Huge supply issue for Chlorine this year, you really dodged a bullet not putting in a pool

We have a chlorine floater for our little pool. Mrs. Hamburg noticed back in March/April prices for what she normally bought were going up. She found some random pool site that still had the bulk size boxes at normal price & just bought for the whole summer.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2021, 05:25:29 PM »
Having to manage a pool for nearly a decade and having to get a CPO license, I'll never ever ever have a personal pool, they are way too much work for something that's supposed to be for leisure.

That being said, watching these Olympic swim trials and seeing the CHI Center in Omaha turned into two pools is amazing.

https://youtu.be/NMxSwKhWxjY

https://youtu.be/bPXHZaIt1zw

https://www.google.com/amp/s/omaha.com/sports/swim-trials-ceo-says-pool-building-is-an-amazing-process-will-take-at-least-two/article_0f2cc294-0b71-536e-a456-7cde6f9f0857.amp.html

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2021, 05:48:18 PM »

We have a chlorine floater for our little pool. Mrs. Hamburg noticed back in March/April prices for what she normally bought were going up. She found some random pool site that still had the bulk size boxes at normal price & just bought for the whole summer.

That’s a big brained gal you have there, gonna wanna hang on to her.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2021, 07:37:47 PM »

Is Milford still in an algae bloom? I know people who took their house boats out & just sold them because it was going to be years before Milford was going to be back to normal, but that was awhile ago.

Not that I know of. There was a pretty good amount of people out skiing and stuff so prob not.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2021, 09:55:08 PM »
UPTATE:  We only put up a big oval above ground, saltwater pool.  As soon as that bastard rusts out, I'm going to take an excavator and stuff it into a truck and take it to a landfill.  After that, I will be installing a sweet hot tub in a gazebo with a bar and big flat screen.  In-ground pools are stupid.

THAT IS ALL!
@mikec2w

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2021, 10:25:16 PM »
UPTATE:  We only put up a big oval above ground, saltwater pool.  As soon as that bastard rusts out, I'm going to take an excavator and stuff it into a truck and take it to a landfill.  After that, I will be installing a sweet hot tub in a gazebo with a bar and big flat screen.  In-ground pools are stupid.

THAT IS ALL!

Mrs. Gooch needs to make a new friend.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2021, 10:33:55 PM »

THAT IS ALL!

She already has a hot tub!  Plus the redneck pool is pretty great when the beers are cold and it's a billion degrees outside.
@mikec2w

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2021, 10:37:11 PM »

THAT IS ALL!

Misread. Thought you were bulldozing it soon. Party on, Mrs. Gooch!

She already has a hot tub!  Plus the redneck pool is pretty great when the beers are cold and it's a billion degrees outside.

I misread. Thought you were gonna doze it soon. Party on, Mrs. Gooch!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2021, 10:54:18 PM by nicname »

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2021, 10:50:45 PM »

That being said, watching these Olympic swim trials and seeing the CHI Center in Omaha turned into two pools is amazing.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/omaha.com/sports/swim-trials-ceo-says-pool-building-is-an-amazing-process-will-take-at-least-two/article_0f2cc294-0b71-536e-a456-7cde6f9f0857.amp.html

Why do they do that? It seems like there are lots of pools already built.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2021, 11:13:30 PM »
Also my daughter's favorite sport is water polo and they had a varsity game in a pool that was four feet deep on one end. It was silly.

Also water polo is a very cool and surprisingly violent sport. Looking forward to watching it in the Olympics now that I kind of understand the rules

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2021, 02:07:00 AM »

THAT IS ALL!

Yes! This is the way to go.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2021, 02:23:05 AM »

None in 15,000 seat arenas though. The largest indoor natatorium in the country is in Indianapolis and holds less than 5000 fans.

The trials are 8 nights long and in '16 they sold out every single night at $45 a ticket. That's $5 million in revenue from just ticket sales.

Also my daughter's favorite sport is water polo and they had a varsity game in a pool that was four feet deep on one end. It was silly.

Also water polo is a very cool and surprisingly violent sport. Looking forward to watching it in the Olympics now that I kind of understand the rules

Water Polo is nuts, hardest sport imo. Having to tread water that long is one thing, doing it while being kicked, punched, and pulled on is a whole level of crazy, also that ball hurts.

The saddest part of the nat at K-State closing is no more intertube water polo.

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2021, 07:19:17 AM »
Aren't dunking and holding your opponent underwater briefly allowed in water polo? Pretty crazy. My favorite part about the olympics is watching some of the obscure sports I'm less familiar with. Field hockey and handball are both a delight.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2021, 07:55:59 AM »

None in 15,000 seat arenas though. The largest indoor natatorium in the country is in Indianapolis and holds less than 5000 fans.

The trials are 8 nights long and in '16 they sold out every single night at $45 a ticket. That's $5 million in revenue from just ticket sales.

Water Polo is nuts, hardest sport imo. Having to tread water that long is one thing, doing it while being kicked, punched, and pulled on is a whole level of crazy, also that ball hurts.

The saddest part of the nat at K-State closing is no more intertube water polo.
Omaha gets up for events. Like we would never support a pro team, but put some Olympic trial or championship or something here and people go wild.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2021, 08:23:37 AM »
yes, i also played intramural intertube water polo at the nat and up until just a couple of years ago thought that all water polo was played in intertubes

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2021, 08:49:57 AM »
Pools are wonderful.  I love being in them and drinking tons of truly punch.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2021, 08:54:07 AM »
I'm either putting in a pool or buying a house with a pool. I've tried to put one in but every pool contractor is booked out for like 24 months. need to, like, out bid some jerk who got in ahead of me or something.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2021, 09:12:00 AM »
Aren't dunking and holding your opponent underwater briefly allowed in water polo? Pretty crazy. My favorite part about the olympics is watching some of the obscure sports I'm less familiar with. Field hockey and handball are both a delight.
You can't explicitly grab or dunk, but it's still pretty rough. Like imagine basketball if you could physically shove someone away from the post on defense or hack an arm to block a shot or use your body or a hand check to push a ball handler away from the basket on the perimeter. There's also a lot that goes on underwater that's hard for the refs to see.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2021, 09:12:52 AM »
Also I didn't realize Omaha sold that place out. Pretty cool!

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2021, 10:15:34 AM »
I'm either putting in a pool or buying a house with a pool. I've tried to put one in but every pool contractor is booked out for like 24 months. need to, like, out bid some jerk who got in ahead of me or something.
Country club membership is cheaper.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 15, 2021, 10:24:58 AM »
Country club membership is cheaper.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

yeah, my neighborhood already has a private pool we pay for. the problem with the 'hood and the cc are all the 'hood and cc chuds.