Author Topic: Tee ball grievances  (Read 8869 times)

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Tee ball grievances
« Reply #75 on: May 23, 2016, 10:12:38 AM »
yeah, it's worth the handful of JacksonsTubmans to have a dedicated shoe that doesn't need to be cleaned up to wear for other occasions.  Also, the city league fields of MHK may well be freshly drug loam but out here in BV its an unfortunate mix of clay, gravel and oil dry.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 23, 2016, 10:28:52 AM »
As I was enjoying the weather outside yesterday my neighbor (mom) complained to me that this weekend her boys had 3 baseball games and 2 practices and that they were whipped.  Can anyone recommend a book to help me become more empathetic?

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 02, 2016, 06:42:04 PM »
During my 7 year old girls softball game yesterday the opposing coach yelled, for an extended period, at the teenage girl umpire for missing a call at home plate. I thought she was going to cry. What is this world coming to?

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 02, 2016, 08:14:26 PM »
you should have made fun of him in front of everyone

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 02, 2016, 09:07:21 PM »
Yes. Would have been fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline MeatSauce

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 03, 2016, 07:09:38 AM »
my coach used to bring all the balls to practices/games in one of these  :excited:

Offline Johnny Wichita

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 03, 2016, 09:27:12 AM »
Having kids sounds terrible.

My cousin is a high school softball player and her team was helping with a tee ball league the other day. Some kid didn't wait long enough after my cousin put the ball on the tee and nailed her in the back with the bat really hard. What an bad person!

Your cousin sounds like an idiot. 

Offline Johnny Wichita

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 03, 2016, 09:33:15 AM »
Everyone has their own helmet. Many with face masks. When I was a kid the coach had a big green canvas bag and dumped all the helmets on the ground before the game/practice. And then you tried to get the one that still had some padding left. Also, why do they even need helmets? Also bats. Everyone has their own bat. Im not buying an expensive bat for my 5 year old so those other little derp 5 yr olds can hit it against everything hard in the dugout. Would anyone else like to air some grievances about youth sports in general? Teaser: my next one is about Gatorade.

Our team is still on that helmet/bat setup. Also all of the girls/parents are fun. If we ever run into a helicopter/annoying parent situation, we will just make them run at practice.   

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 03, 2016, 10:17:11 AM »

I said (mediium loudly) "Calm down buddy."

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 08, 2016, 11:44:00 AM »
During my 7 year old girls softball game yesterday the opposing coach yelled, for an extended period, at the teenage girl umpire for missing a call at home plate. I thought she was going to cry. What is this world coming to?

Brockette is umpiring games this summer and this sounds like what she has to put up with occasionally.  Just last night they ended up tossing the coach for one of the teams because he complained non stop about the pitching machine, like would not shut up about it.  The guy who runs the league here went on the field and reminded him that when games were played at their field last year that their pitching machine sucked too and all the other teams just lived with it and didn't complain   :lol:   Get over yourself bud this is a 7-8 year old league.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 08, 2016, 01:27:14 PM »
My daughter's softball team won the other night.  While we were packing up and high fiving, the other team was made to line up and run sprints the entire time from handshake to snack dispersed to clean up and leaving.  They were still sprinting after I packed the car up.  WTF?  I guess when you play kid pitch and both teams combined for like 3 hits they just didn't want it enough?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 08, 2016, 01:32:49 PM »
My daughter's softball team won the other night.  While we were packing up and high fiving, the other team was made to line up and run sprints the entire time from handshake to snack dispersed to clean up and leaving.  They were still sprinting after I packed the car up.  WTF?  I guess when you play kid pitch and both teams combined for like 3 hits they just didn't want it enough?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

How old were these kids?

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 08, 2016, 01:51:32 PM »
I might punch the coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Missouriscribe

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 08, 2016, 02:21:22 PM »
First year kid pitch (9yo) and umps have adopted new mlb strike zone. We one last week 11 to 2 with ONE hit. Team beats us this week 12-1 with 2 hits. Bad baseball.

Offline TCUHornedFrog

• Cocaine is a helluva drug
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 08, 2016, 02:26:51 PM »

I umpired tournament and participation league teams for 7 years.  This is very common.

I threw out many parents and coaches during my officiating days.  My most prolific game, I threw out a coach, 6 parents, and had to threaten the remaining parents with just the kids, the score keepers, and I finishing the game.  The 6 parents got booted within 90 seconds of eachother because they were jawing at me and trying to start a fight with the opposing team's parents.

I did get to umpire for John Mayberry Jr, son of former Royal John Mayberry, for a couple of seasons. 

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: June 08, 2016, 02:33:37 PM »
Sounds like you were terrible at reffing
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline TCUHornedFrog

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 08, 2016, 02:38:45 PM »

You need a hearing aid.

I was pretty good at it. 

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 08, 2016, 02:42:35 PM »

You need a hearing aid.

I was pretty good at it.
you as well as your post need to get off of your knees..

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 08, 2016, 02:45:41 PM »
One time I almost tossed my dad's business partner from a game.  I came home and told my dad and he  :lol:

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 08, 2016, 03:03:51 PM »
I umped baseball for 10 years, if you had to throw out an entire section of parents that is v bad and probably somewhat your fault for being confrontational.

First year kid pitch (9yo) and umps have adopted new mlb strike zone. We one last week 11 to 2 with ONE hit. Team beats us this week 12-1 with 2 hits. Bad baseball.

In the early days when I umped that age kids, my zone was the size of north dakota. swing the bat or you're out.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 08, 2016, 03:04:54 PM »
Ejecting stupid coaches and parents almost sounds like it could be fun, maybe I should sign up to be an ump. 

In all seriousness though it's amazing how just 1 or 2 idiots can ruin what should be a fun activity.  Last night Brockette came home muttering "I rough ridin' hate umpiring games."

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 08, 2016, 03:05:27 PM »
I kicked out some WT couple that was belligerent and trying to fight me during a growing ups game of kickball. rough ridin' idiots.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 08, 2016, 03:07:53 PM »
I kicked out some WT couple that was belligerent and trying to fight me during a growing ups game of kickball. rough ridin' idiots.

I'm surprised a kickball league for grownups has participants who are not ultra mature.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 08, 2016, 03:19:31 PM »
 :lol: Add in alcohol and wannabe alphas trying to show off for the opposite sex.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 08, 2016, 03:20:00 PM »
When is kickball season WackyCat08?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite