Author Topic: Gender Issues  (Read 43212 times)

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Gender Issues
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2016, 03:56:58 PM »
This is not difficult to understand, like at all

Here are some charts to help people understand.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2016, 04:09:47 PM »
The TSA will never understand this. 

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2016, 08:36:57 AM »

The eff is this?
I was wrong and I apologize. - michigancat 8/22/14

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2016, 09:03:00 AM »

The eff is this?

A two-dimensional representation of the gender spectrum

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2016, 09:06:13 AM »
I'm a 1-6

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2016, 09:21:45 AM »
Here's another really good chart to help you understand.

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2016, 09:27:46 AM »
Here's another really good chart to help you understand.

You are picking the wrong fight.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2016, 09:51:51 AM »

The eff is this?

A two-dimensional representation of the gender spectrum
6 Point Scales are meaningless. 7 or go home.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2016, 11:03:46 AM »
It is a 7 point scale but the most anyone can be is 6/7

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2016, 11:22:46 AM »
So a 6,6 is maxed out on both the male and female scale and yet presents as gay, bi, trans etc. - but def. not agender? Why?  Wouldn't the max. female and max. male cancel each other out and they would be just agender?  Wouldn't a 1,1; 2,2; 3,3; 4,4; and a 5,5 present the same way as a 6,6?  How does a 1,0 present compared to a 6,0? The 1,0 works out on the elliptical and builds models while a 6,0 deadlifts all day and wrenches on his diesel dually?  That chart is fuckery of the highest degree.     

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2016, 11:53:24 AM »
You are all probably just confused because of the chart format.  Try this much more intuitive illustration of gender ID:

Notice, no labels because stop being so binary about gender.

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2016, 12:00:22 PM »
You are all probably just confused because of the chart format.  Try this much more intuitive illustration of gender ID:

Why?

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2016, 12:03:09 PM »

You can make up any format you want about the gender spectrum but it will never be accurate.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2016, 01:06:04 PM »

what a great post.  catastrophe!
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2016, 01:12:57 PM »
So a 6,6 is maxed out on both the male and female scale and yet presents as gay, bi, trans etc. - but def. not agender? Why?  Wouldn't the max. female and max. male cancel each other out and they would be just agender?  Wouldn't a 1,1; 2,2; 3,3; 4,4; and a 5,5 present the same way as a 6,6?  How does a 1,0 present compared to a 6,0? The 1,0 works out on the elliptical and builds models while a 6,0 deadlifts all day and wrenches on his diesel dually?  That chart is fuckery of the highest degree.     

First off, see my first chart: Gender and sexuality are not linked so your reference to gay or bi has nothing to do with this chart.

Second off, male and female do not "cancel each other out".  This reminds me of when I was a kid and thought salt and pepper cancelled each other out so if I put on too much salt I'd just add more pepper then when I got too much pepper just add more salt until the food was both too salty and too peppery even though in theory it should be neutral.

Of course this chart isn't the perfect description of the gender spectrum but it is a way for people to try to understand it rather than just two check boxes:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2016, 01:15:15 PM »
Gender and sexuality are not linked.

there's actually a strong correlation.  it's not far-fetched to posit a causal link.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2016, 01:18:28 PM »

there's actually a strong correlation.  it's not far-fetched to posit a causal link.

Are you saying (for instance) that all females (6,1) would be attracted to males (1,6)? No, I don't think that is correct. Haven't you ever heard of a lipstick lesbian?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2016, 01:22:13 PM »

Are you saying (for instance) that all females (6,1) would be attracted to males (1,6)? No, I don't think that is correct. Haven't you ever heard of a lipstick lesbian?

The vast majority of females (6,1) are attracted to males (1,6).

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2016, 01:33:09 PM »

First off, see my first chart: Gender and sexuality are not linked so your reference to gay or bi has nothing to do with this chart.

Second off, male and female do not "cancel each other out".  This reminds me of when I was a kid and thought salt and pepper cancelled each other out so if I put on too much salt I'd just add more pepper then when I got too much pepper just add more salt until the food was both too salty and too peppery even though in theory it should be neutral.

Of course this chart isn't the perfect description of the gender spectrum but it is a way for people to try to understand it rather than just two check boxes:

Ok, I did not actually know the definition of genderqueer, I just assumed they were throwing all "others" into that category since they did not fit into "agender".  Which leads to another flaw - where on the gender spectrum do LGBT fall?  They do not get included? Why?

Of course they do not cancel each other out.  I was demonstrating a flaw in the graphic by literally applying what it was displaying.

And yes it is not perfect, and there will never be a perfect way to display the gender spectrum because it is a fallacy. 

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2016, 01:36:13 PM »

She is a lesbian and not on the chart.  What does a 3,3 present as?  Butch female? Effeminate male? One is still male and the other is still female.   

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2016, 01:40:56 PM »
Why doesn't my driver's license have a 1,6 or 6,1 or whatever it would be on there? 

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 06, 2016, 01:43:46 PM »
Why doesn't my driver's license have a 1,6 or 6,1 or whatever it would be on there?
What matters is - What do you identify as?

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 06, 2016, 02:16:28 PM »

Which leads to another flaw - where on the gender spectrum do LGBT fall?  They do not get included? Why?

No, this is not a flaw. This chart is for gender only, not sexual orientation or sexual attraction.

You can be anywhere on this chart and still have any sexual orientation/attraction. For instance there might be a female (6,1) who is attracted to males (heterosexual) or there might be a female (6,1) who is attracted to females (homosexual) and there is a spectrum inbetween.

To take sexual orientation into account, you would need to make the chart into a 3D or 4D chart with the spectrum of sexual orientation on the third (into out of the page) and fourth dimension. Like this chart would need to be incorporated as the third & fourth dimensions.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 06, 2016, 02:28:43 PM »
Bi-curious is shaped like 2 weiners touching tip to tip :Keke:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 06, 2016, 02:35:40 PM »
Why is bicurious in parenthesis and the rest aren't?