Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: Tesla
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2016, 07:42:59 AM »
What's special about these cars?

they can go round trip between omaha and lincoln 5 days a week without using any gas. they are pretty much the safest cars on the road. they have cool tech. stuff that makes sure you don't crash/leave your lane/parks for you/etc. (I think a lot of cars are starting to get this tho). they are sexy af. they are fast (I don't really care about this).

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2016, 08:01:27 AM »
Also the Model S P85 D has 691 HP which is pretty cool
:adios:

Offline Ptolemy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2016, 08:23:46 AM »
If you guys hadn't noticed, gas is cheap. Finding a charger for your golf cart is a pain in the ass.

Once had a client in Frisco drive me to their facility and we started out in his Nissan Leaf for what was an 80 mile round trip. It was fairly warm that day so he rolled the windows down to avoid running the A/C and running down the power. As we hit the Golden Gate Bridge he noticed the battery reserve scrolling down to 40% and he had to turn around and go back to his house and get his Mercedes so we wouldn't get stranded. That's progress for ya' - Obama Style!

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2016, 08:25:21 AM »
Rusty is probably going to punch you for that, sock
:adios:

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2016, 08:29:29 AM »
If you guys hadn't noticed, gas is cheap. Finding a charger for your golf cart is a pain in the ass.

Once had a client in Frisco drive me to their facility and we started out in his Nissan Leaf for what was an 80 mile round trip. It was fairly warm that day so he rolled the windows down to avoid running the A/C and running down the power. As we hit the Golden Gate Bridge he noticed the battery reserve scrolling down to 40% and he had to turn around and go back to his house and get his Mercedes so we wouldn't get stranded. That's progress for ya' - Obama Style!

I enjoy reading your posts

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2016, 08:54:12 AM »

they can go round trip between omaha and lincoln 5 days a week without using any gas. they are pretty much the safest cars on the road. they have cool tech. stuff that makes sure you don't crash/leave your lane/parks for you/etc. (I think a lot of cars are starting to get this tho). they are sexy af. they are fast (I don't really care about this).

Ah, a long-lasting battery. What's preventing the other e-cars from having a battery like that?

There's a tesla shop in an odd part of town that I ran past when i tried a different route last summer and I meant to learn all this stuff when I got home but I saw a bunch of other weird stuff on the way and forgot until now.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2016, 09:18:17 AM »
frisco is a lovely suburb in Dallas and has no bridges so I know this clown is a liar.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2016, 09:37:23 AM »

Ah, a long-lasting battery. What's preventing the other e-cars from having a battery like that?

There's a tesla shop in an odd part of town that I ran past when i tried a different route last summer and I meant to learn all this stuff when I got home but I saw a bunch of other weird stuff on the way and forgot until now.

Someone needs to create a non-gopro gopro thing that can help one remember things they see out while running and biking. This happens to me all the time and I never remember what it was when I got home.... To the distance running thread!

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2016, 09:57:44 AM »
I don't care for them at all and I remember a thread about cars and this place was all about utilitarian vehicles

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2016, 11:21:45 AM »
heard someone on a radio saying that a lot of the reservations are being placed as speculation and the holders will sell their place in line when the time comes, rather than take delivery.

so if you decide you don't want it, maybe you can do that.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2016, 12:27:27 PM »
cars are for the birds.  BUSSES AND TRAINS are where the real luxury lies.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2016, 12:38:17 PM »
heard someone on a radio saying that a lot of the reservations are being placed as speculation and the holders will sell their place in line when the time comes, rather than take delivery.

so if you decide you don't want it, maybe you can do that.
they made it really easy and really cheap to reserve a car that's never been manufactured before.
I am very interested to see when they start moving them off of the line and how many of the reserved cars go to the person who made the original reservation

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2016, 01:44:31 PM »
Dumb question, but those charging stations I occasionally see around town - those cost money to use, right? How does "filling up" a car with electricity compare to gas at $2 a gallon?

My AC units have heat pumps that I don't even use because the cost of heating my home with electric is so much more expensive than NG. But maybe gasoline is more expensive than electricity?
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline EMAWican

• Katpak'r
  • 'Murica
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2016, 01:45:37 PM »
Tesla is the Apple of cars. Once the other auto markers catch up, which it sounds like quick a few already have, you'll just be paying for the cult name.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2016, 01:48:57 PM »
Dumb question, but those charging stations I occasionally see around town - those cost money to use, right? How does "filling up" a car with electricity compare to gas at $2 a gallon?

My AC units have heat pumps that I don't even use because the cost of heating my home with electric is so much more expensive than NG. But maybe gasoline is more expensive than electricity?

Tesla super charger stations are free but right now there aren't a lot of them, and it takes 20 minutes to charge to 50% (but they usually put them next to a starbucks  :D ). Musk says they will add a ton of them soon though.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2016, 01:49:31 PM »
Tesla is the Apple of cars. Once the other auto markers catch up, which it sounds like quick a few already have, you'll just be paying for the cult name.

:lol:

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2016, 01:54:53 PM »
I don't care for them at all and I remember a thread about cars and this place was all about utilitarian vehicles

I dislike cars but I like tesla cars. I have a lot of mac products tho :dunno:

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2016, 01:58:51 PM »
The charging station in Topeka is in an Arby's parking lot. (Starbucks a blockish away)
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2016, 02:00:03 PM »
The charging station in Topeka is in an Arby's parking lot. (Starbucks a blockish away)

that's fine for topeka

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2016, 02:00:48 PM »
Yeah, pretty good actually
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2016, 02:00:52 PM »
arby's aint bad.  jamocha shakes.   :drool:

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2016, 02:03:23 PM »
Arby's >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> starbucks

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2016, 02:08:36 PM »

Hemmy nodded approvingly after reading this post and then went back to building his own car for half the price of the Tesla.