Author Topic: How In The Hell Did We Let Brad Underwood Get Away?  (Read 26069 times)

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: How In The Hell Did We Let Brad Underwood Get Away?
« Reply #101 on: March 09, 2021, 02:50:48 PM »

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 09, 2021, 02:52:57 PM »
you know its weird i'm not sure that i've ever knowingly heard his voice but in my imagination he sounds like andy richter

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #103 on: March 09, 2021, 06:20:42 PM »
ISU literally interviewed him and Steve Prohm in the same cycle... and chose Steve Prohm. I hate everything.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 09, 2021, 08:15:00 PM »
ISU literally interviewed him and Steve Prohm in the same cycle... and chose Steve Prohm. I hate everything.
I'm pretty sure we could have had him when we hired oscar. But maybe not!

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: March 09, 2021, 08:32:07 PM »

That's interesting because it would have represented his first break, but it would have come by sacrificing Frank and Jamar. I think he would not have passed on working for Currie and his crew of shitbirds.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 09, 2021, 08:55:49 PM »
i don’t know if he would be comfortable taking frank’s seat after what currie did to him.  loyalty in this profession is p strong.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 09, 2021, 08:56:43 PM »
Would Frank be AHC under Brad?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 09, 2021, 09:27:34 PM »
sorry i am out of touch, is this joke prank troll or scoop?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 09, 2021, 09:31:50 PM »
Troll

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 09, 2021, 09:34:04 PM »
sorry i am out of touch, is this joke prank troll or scoop?

I think it’s a joke.

Rumor is oscar may now be considering retirement due to possible departures on his staff or a replacement that would keep his staff together is interested in the job.

Rumor snowballed into trying to find out if Brad has a K-State clause in his contract or something.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 09, 2021, 09:35:16 PM »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 09, 2021, 09:55:34 PM »
If real....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 09, 2021, 10:03:57 PM »
If real....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good people deserve good things

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #115 on: March 10, 2021, 10:15:37 AM »
K-State might just win a Big 12 Conference Tournament with Brad!!!!!

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 10, 2021, 10:24:05 AM »

That's interesting because it would have represented his first break, but it would have come by sacrificing Frank and Jamar. I think he would not have passed on working for Currie and his crew of shitbirds.

I heard at the time that he was willing to stay on as an associate head coach under the new coach.  Currie promised him a job prior to making the hire and then let oscar do what he wanted with staff, leading Brad to go to South Carolina.

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 10, 2021, 11:22:08 AM »
Typical that Currie didn't know what he had in Brad. When Frank played him for a raise when the Miami job opened that Frank didn't get any way, Currie have just said fine.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 10, 2021, 11:41:11 AM »
People who act like they knew what we had in Brad from the get go are the worst. Nothing suggested it with his previous HC gigs at Dodge City and Daytona Beach. Also, we just hired from within once Huggy left and people would have bitched hiring from within again, if we did it after Frank left. They would have called it a lazy offer. I do enjoy the hindsighters tho, who think they knew what we had all along. GTFOOH!

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 10, 2021, 11:41:26 AM »

I heard at the time that he was willing to stay on as an associate head coach under the new coach.  Currie promised him a job prior to making the hire and then let oscar do what he wanted with staff, leading Brad to go to South Carolina.

First of all, I definitely misstated what I was trying to say. I was attempting to say that I don't think he would have stayed and worked for Currie.

I do wonder about him offering to work as an associate head coach for Coach X instead of following Frank to South Carolina to perform the same role. If oscar didn't get the job Steve Alford probably did. Can you really envision Brad staying here to work for oscar, who had just gotten fired for performance, or Steve Alford, the coach of New Mexico? I don't feel like that makes sense.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: March 10, 2021, 12:00:21 PM »
People who act like they knew what we had in Brad from the get go are the worst. Nothing suggested it with his previous HC gigs at Dodge City and Daytona Beach. Also, we just hired from within once Huggy left and people would have bitched hiring from within again, if we did it after Frank left. They would have called it a lazy offer. I do enjoy the hindsighters tho, who think they knew what we had all along. GTFOOH!

i remember many people wanted him. like the thought was that he was a big reason behind the success. at least a lot more than the average hiring within a program kind of move.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 10, 2021, 12:03:29 PM »
I remember him helping fix our offense, when Frank was lost, but I wouldn't say people would have lept out of their chairs in joy if we retained him.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 10, 2021, 12:03:55 PM »
Is it really that far fetched to think Brad would take the KSU job if it came open?  I assume money is no object for donors if he is the candidate.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 10, 2021, 12:08:31 PM »
$8 Million buyout seems a bit excessive, but it's not my $.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 10, 2021, 12:26:15 PM »

First of all, I definitely misstated what I was trying to say. I was attempting to say that I don't think he would have stayed and worked for Currie.

I do wonder about him offering to work as an associate head coach for Coach X instead of following Frank to South Carolina to perform the same role. If oscar didn't get the job Steve Alford probably did. Can you really envision Brad staying here to work for oscar, who had just gotten fired for performance, or Steve Alford, the coach of New Mexico? I don't feel like that makes sense.

I don't know how well Brad fits with the other coaches but I think he was immensely qualified to coach offense specifically.  I generally hate it when administrators force assistant hires as I think it undermines the HC right out of the gate.

I viewed Brad as the worst acceptable hire once we lost Frank and I put oscar beneath that.  I don't know why people (media?) would complain about hiring from within again after Frank was successful here.  Most people were pretty ok with hiring from within once Huggs left as that was the only way we were keeping the recruiting class, even if we were gambling on a relatively unknown in Frank.