Author Topic: Official Black Lives Matter Thread  (Read 24984 times)

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
Re: Official Black Lives Matter Thread
« Reply #300 on: September 22, 2020, 03:21:03 PM »

I usually know Fox News Brain when I see it. DQ may not have it, but may have something else.
I think it's called "trying to give some people in my community the benefit of the doubt before I condemn them as racists"

But that same benefit of the doubt doesn't seem to extend to people outside of your community.

So why should you get that benefit?

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: September 22, 2020, 03:23:59 PM »
We've come up with a lot of maga grift ideas here, but we could also solve this whole problem and maybe make some money by registering a BLM-gE group that has no message other than that black lives indeed matter.  Our BLM org could be the one that the patch refers to, at least as to people who insist that it must be the acronym of an org and not of a sentence.  And we could sell merch - shirts with Willie pounding a stone with Marx carved in it?

BLM but for the actual irl BLM and not the make believe boogie man. seems to solve this entire thing.

BlackLivesMatter.goEMAW.com

"About us" FAQ

Q: "What does 'Black Lives Matter' even mean?"
A: It means "Black Lives Matter"

Q: "Don't All Lives Matter as well"?
A: Yes

Q: "Isn't 'Black Lives Matter' Marxist"?
A: No

Q: "Do you guys want to pull apart my nuclear family?"

This is good and I chuckled at it's simplicity.  And for the record the patch never bothered me for those it think it might have.  You might have to add this one though;

Q:  "Do all live matter too?"
A:  Yes, you're racist.  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: September 22, 2020, 03:28:19 PM by I_have_purplewood »
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: September 22, 2020, 03:25:10 PM »
The answer to that one is "yes, racist."

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: September 22, 2020, 03:27:40 PM »
The answer to that one is "yes, racist."
[/quot

Oops, correct.
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: September 22, 2020, 03:35:36 PM »
BLM is a Marxist oriented organization.

They can be Marxist oriented all they want and smart people can continue to discuss that they are a Marxist oriented organization all the want.

It has everything to do with politics and nothing to do with race.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: September 22, 2020, 03:36:08 PM »

I usually know Fox News Brain when I see it. DQ may not have it, but may have something else.
I think it's called "trying to give some people in my community the benefit of the doubt before I condemn them as racists"

But that same benefit of the doubt doesn't seem to extend to people outside of your community.

So why should you get that benefit?
Can you give me an example of what you're referencing?  Maybe i'm misunderstanding what you mean by "you/your."

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #306 on: September 22, 2020, 03:41:11 PM »
I didn't see you give any benefit of the doubt to the students and players who were upset over the summer with that race baiter. In fact you implicitly blamed them for making it an issue by reacting.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: September 22, 2020, 04:08:52 PM »
I didn't see you give any benefit of the doubt to the students and players who were upset over the summer with that race baiter. In fact you implicitly blamed them for making it an issue by reacting.
I think you've got the wrong guy.

I’ve examined my conscience to determine why I had my change of heart and I settled on this:

I care about Cats football and Cats football players more than everyone’s constitutional rights.
The thing is is that he's not just a lone operator.  He's trying to use KSU as his home base to build his movement.  It's his organization that KSU should be concerned about. Jaden and Nick want KSU to be Groyper U.   

His tweets are partly about broadcasting what he can get away with in Manhattan Kansas, so fellow groypers can join him.

I don't know what the solution is, but appeasement or ignoring won't work.  They will keep ratcheting up their rhetoric/actions until they get what they want.
Maybe there could be a grassroots effort for businesses in MHK to deny him.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #308 on: September 22, 2020, 04:17:16 PM »
I have the right guy.  You may have "changed your mind", but you didn't initially give them the benefit of the doubt.

I personally am tried of having to give adults the benefit of the doubt.

Someone says something offensive? Oh they're not really like that, give them the benefit of the doubt.  Someone starts a organization on campus founded by a stone cold white supremacists? Ooh wait and see what they do, give them the benefit of the doubt. And so and so on. 

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: September 22, 2020, 04:21:33 PM »
I have the right guy.  You may have "changed your mind", but you didn't initially give them the benefit of the doubt.

I personally am tried of having to give adults the benefit of the doubt.

Someone says something offensive? Oh they're not really like that, give them the benefit of the doubt.  Someone starts a organization on campus founded by a stone cold white supremacists? Ooh wait and see what they do, give them the benefit of the doubt. And so and so on.
Yeah, initially I said "I wish people wouldn't give him attention" -- oh the horror.  What a controversial thing to say. 

Then I made clear that I wish we'd kick him out of school, despite acknowledging that would probably be violation his constitutional rights.  But yes, you have me pegged as "soft" on whatever that kid's name is.

Again, all I'm saying is that I think you can object to the patch without being a racist.  There's obviously disagreement there that depends on however extreme you are on your worldview.  If you believe differently, we disagree -- and that's OK. 
« Last Edit: September 22, 2020, 04:26:57 PM by DQ12 »

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: September 22, 2020, 04:26:18 PM »
We've come up with a lot of maga grift ideas here, but we could also solve this whole problem and maybe make some money by registering a BLM-gE group that has no message other than that black lives indeed matter.  Our BLM org could be the one that the patch refers to, at least as to people who insist that it must be the acronym of an org and not of a sentence.  And we could sell merch - shirts with Willie pounding a stone with Marx carved in it?

BLM but for the actual irl BLM and not the make believe boogie man. seems to solve this entire thing.

BlackLivesMatter.goEMAW.com

"About us" FAQ

Q: "What does 'Black Lives Matter' even mean?"
A: It means "Black Lives Matter"

Q: "Don't All Lives Matter as well"?
A: Yes

Q: "Isn't 'Black Lives Matter' Marxist"?

Q: "Do you guys want to pull apart my nuclear family?"

Q: "Can I now be against the patch and not be a racist?"
A: You already couldn't but now we've jumped through the extra hoops to address your bad faith arguments.

Let’s do this but without the work of actually registering a non-profit and all that. And by let’s I mean Saul.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: September 23, 2020, 12:12:05 AM »
I think the worst part of the interview is gene trying to win back the racists and seemed to be looking forward to not having the patch because it makes racists so mad.

I was severely disappointed about gene's quotes in the interview and I'm definitely going to email him my thoughts.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: September 23, 2020, 12:19:08 AM »
I’m struggling to understand why it would be objectionable no matter what they meant by BLM. I don’t think the fans that disapprove necessarily have to be racist, but even if they’re not, I don’t think they’re any better than racists.

The “shut up and entertain me” attitude of fans is gross 100% of the time. And more broadly the “not the right place for this discussion” has been a rallying cry for racists since forever.

Yeah the best "not racist" argument I can come up with is "any political message shouldn't be part of sports/uniforms/teams with different opinions" and really that just boils down to treating players as inhuman entertainment machines that shouldn't have opinions which is just as gross.

Also racist. Tying matters of equity to politicization is done for one reason and one reason only and that's to justify division.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: September 23, 2020, 12:37:54 AM »

Giving people the benefit of the doubt provides shelter for people to say ignorant crap. Sometimes things are non starters, if you are making the choice to tie the phrase black lives matter to some nebulous organization that may or may not believe in things you may or may not understand, that's intentional, especially if you make the choice to offer that opinion to someone else without researching, with an open mind, what it is that you're talking about.

The only two things the racists oppose when it comes to black lives matter is the marxism thing, when you Google the word marxism, this is on the page, you literally don't even have to visit another website "To define Marxism in simple terms, it's a political and economic theory where a society has no classes. Every person within the society works for a common good, and class struggle is theoretically gone." Is that something worth dismissing literally anyone over? The only other thing is the "destruction of the nuclear family" talking point and that only takes one click to see that isn't related to getting rid of fathers, but emphasizing the community or village in raising our children. Again, not remotely objectionable.

If you can't be bothered to research or contextualize this thing you so vehemently oppose, what that tells me is that you think so little about black lives actually mattering that you can't spend 10 minutes learning about it. You can try to put it in whatever light you want to but that is 100%, inextricably tied to race.

I'd take it a step further and say that if you know these things and aren't repeating them every time this subject comes up, you are enabling racism. If there was a standing narrative that white people haven't earned anything honorably in the history of the world, you'd damn sure try to bust that narrative.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: September 23, 2020, 12:42:16 AM »
I doubt the patches will hurt us financially in a meaningful way. That was just Gene being sloppy and dumb.

I can tell you that the question was asked because there is some talk that some big money donors were angry, people committed to the building champions campaign, not just a few STHs. Now whether that was just put out there by racists to make them feel better about their racism  :dunno:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: September 23, 2020, 12:50:54 AM »
Y'all probably won't, but if you want to be helpful, I think you should also respectfully email Gene with your issues about the public stance he took in this interview. I can't be a lone voice here and we can't assume that others will handle it. We're damn sure the racists didn't take for granted that they would be heard. If all of your enlightenment and allyship are confined to this thread you don't have the right to wag your finger at Dlew or anyone else, you're just as functionally useless as those who silently nod at the notion that black lives matter can be dismissed because of Karl Marx.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: September 23, 2020, 06:54:00 AM »
No one is dismissing BLM because of Karl Marx, we're just talking about how the leadership of BLM has regularly referred to themselves a Marxian oriented organization.   

Countless organizations and entities in these United States are scrutinized and discussed every day in regard to the political leanings of their leadership.   Why should BLM be immune from such discussion?

Answer:  They shouldn't.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: September 23, 2020, 07:23:38 AM »
You can argue whatever, but the history is that people boiled over with frothing rage upon hearing the phrase "black lives matter" long before it was an organization or had any leaderpersons or affiliations.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: September 23, 2020, 08:48:12 AM »

Giving people the benefit of the doubt provides shelter for people to say ignorant crap. Sometimes things are non starters, if you are making the choice to tie the phrase black lives matter to some nebulous organization that may or may not believe in things you may or may not understand, that's intentional, especially if you make the choice to offer that opinion to someone else without researching, with an open mind, what it is that you're talking about.

The only two things the racists oppose when it comes to black lives matter is the marxism thing, when you Google the word marxism, this is on the page, you literally don't even have to visit another website "To define Marxism in simple terms, it's a political and economic theory where a society has no classes. Every person within the society works for a common good, and class struggle is theoretically gone." Is that something worth dismissing literally anyone over?
Yeah but the thing is, a lot of people don't need to rely on a 2 sentence definition from Google to know that they oppose it.  Like you said, some things are non-starters.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: September 23, 2020, 09:33:22 AM »
You can argue whatever, but the history is that people boiled over with frothing rage upon hearing the phrase "black lives matter" long before it was an organization or had any leaderpersons or affiliations.

this is a great point. No one gave a rip about "trained marxists" and BLM until June this year. (but "all lives matter" was always there)

(google search trends is pretty cool)

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=2014-08-23%202020-09-23&geo=US&q=black%20lives%20matter,all%20lives%20matter

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: September 23, 2020, 09:37:55 AM »

this is a great point. No one gave a rip about "trained marxists" and BLM until June this year. (but "all lives matter" was always there)

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=2014-08-23%202020-09-23&geo=US&q=black%20lives%20matter,all%20lives%20matter

Saying no one gave a rip until June this year is  :lol: :lol:

Good grief.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: September 23, 2020, 09:42:34 AM »

FWIW, I think the "trained marxists" bit only came to light relatively recently (though the speech/interview was recorded 4 or 5 years ago).

You're right though, google search trends is cool.  What was the atrocity that lead to the spikes in summer/fall of '16?

Online yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: September 23, 2020, 09:43:49 AM »
is there a scenario where you can not agree with everything with black lives matter the organization but also believe that lives lives do matter and not be labeled a racist?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: September 23, 2020, 09:45:12 AM »
is there a scenario where you can not agree with everything with black lives matter the organization but also believe that lives lives do matter and not be labeled a racist?

Not in the current climate and certainly not with hundreds of thousands of cRusty's running around.

A universal call for equality and fair treatment for all people has been labeled as racist.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: September 23, 2020, 09:47:48 AM »

Are you familiar with BlackLivesMatter.goEMAW.com?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite