Author Topic: Official Black Lives Matter Thread  (Read 24644 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Official Black Lives Matter Thread
« Reply #350 on: September 23, 2020, 03:54:28 PM »
I usually know Fox News Brain when I see it. DQ may not have it, but may have something else.
I think it's called "trying to give some people in my community the benefit of the doubt before I condemn them as racists"

Giving people the benefit of the doubt provides shelter for people to say ignorant crap. Sometimes things are non starters, if you are making the choice to tie the phrase black lives matter to some nebulous organization that may or may not believe in things you may or may not understand, that's intentional, especially if you make the choice to offer that opinion to someone else without researching, with an open mind, what it is that you're talking about.

The only two things the racists oppose when it comes to black lives matter is the marxism thing, when you Google the word marxism, this is on the page, you literally don't even have to visit another website "To define Marxism in simple terms, it's a political and economic theory where a society has no classes. Every person within the society works for a common good, and class struggle is theoretically gone." Is that something worth dismissing literally anyone over?
Yeah but the thing is, a lot of people don't need to rely on a 2 sentence definition from Google to know that they oppose it.  Like you said, some things are non-starters.

So who are the people in "your community" that you're giving the benefit of the doubt to?
k-state fans that disapproved of the patch

You're not giving the benefit of the doubt to anyone, you're excusing either racism. Benefit of the doubt wasn't intended to be a static state. Any issue you would have with black lives matter that isn't related to race is easily researched. We're not talking about the existence of life on Mars here, if you don't actually have the facts about what you claim is the issue, you don't want those facts, you want what feel like is a pretty package to disguise that you don't feel like black lives matter.
I am giving them the benefit of the doubt.  Obviously there's some percentage of people (and k-state people) that don't really think black lives matter and use the marxist/nuclear family stuff as a pretext to cover up their own racism.  I don't know what that percentage is, but I'm not here to defend them.  Those people deserve shame.

My point is that there is valid, non-race-related reason to oppose the phrase "Back Lives Matter" because that can refer to an organization that people don't like because (for example) the founders of that organization referred to themselves as "trained marxists."  You can excuse or discount that marxist identity if you want, but there's a significant portion of the country that are, for whatever reason, opposed to people who refer to themselves as "trained marxists" and are suspicious of any social organization that self-proclaimed trained marxists start.  Those same people can agree that black lives do matter, and oppose the disproportionate violence that black americans face at the hand of the state.  I don't think the people in that camp are necessarily racist.

Maybe you don't think that camp actually exists, or you don't care about the distinction, but I think it does, and I'm hesitant to cast them all under the "racist" umbrella.

That isn't a valid, non race reason. It's a reason. The larger point, the raison d'etre, it's much larger than Marxism, literally everyone knows that.

Another interpretation of this is that if you cannot recognize economic inequality in this country and its role in race relations, and furthermore not be able to identify the need for black lives matter to address it, then you don't believe that black lives matter. You don't have to believe in Marxism, but you have to be intellectually honest enough to understand why one who is looking for economic equity would be attracted by marxism.

If you're so strongly against Marxism that you can't shove it aside to buy into the larger point, then you must be comfortable with the label that is the opposite of marxism, which is fascism.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: September 23, 2020, 03:58:45 PM »
I usually know Fox News Brain when I see it. DQ may not have it, but may have something else.
I think it's called "trying to give some people in my community the benefit of the doubt before I condemn them as racists"

Giving people the benefit of the doubt provides shelter for people to say ignorant crap. Sometimes things are non starters, if you are making the choice to tie the phrase black lives matter to some nebulous organization that may or may not believe in things you may or may not understand, that's intentional, especially if you make the choice to offer that opinion to someone else without researching, with an open mind, what it is that you're talking about.

The only two things the racists oppose when it comes to black lives matter is the marxism thing, when you Google the word marxism, this is on the page, you literally don't even have to visit another website "To define Marxism in simple terms, it's a political and economic theory where a society has no classes. Every person within the society works for a common good, and class struggle is theoretically gone." Is that something worth dismissing literally anyone over?
Yeah but the thing is, a lot of people don't need to rely on a 2 sentence definition from Google to know that they oppose it.  Like you said, some things are non-starters.

So who are the people in "your community" that you're giving the benefit of the doubt to?

You're not giving the benefit of the doubt to anyone, you're excusing either racism. Benefit of the doubt wasn't intended to be a static state. Any issue you would have with black lives matter that isn't related to race is easily researched. We're not talking about the existence of life on Mars here, if you don't actually have the facts about what you claim is the issue, you don't want those facts, you want what feel like is a pretty package to disguise that you don't feel like black lives matter.
I am giving them the benefit of the doubt.  Obviously there's some percentage of people (and k-state people) that don't really think black lives matter and use the marxist/nuclear family stuff as a pretext to cover up their own racism.  I don't know what that percentage is, but I'm not here to defend them.  Those people deserve shame.

My point is that there is valid, non-race-related reason to oppose the phrase "Back Lives Matter" because that can refer to an organization that people don't like because (for example) the founders of that organization referred to themselves as "trained marxists."  You can excuse or discount that marxist identity if you want, but there's a significant portion of the country that are, for whatever reason, opposed to people who refer to themselves as "trained marxists" and are suspicious of any social organization that self-proclaimed trained marxists start.  Those same people can agree that black lives do matter, and oppose the disproportionate violence that black americans face at the hand of the state.  I don't think the people in that camp are necessarily racist.

Maybe you don't think that camp actually exists, or you don't care about the distinction, but I think it does, and I'm hesitant to cast them all under the "racist" umbrella.

That isn't a valid, non race reason. It's a reason. The larger point, the raison d'etre, it's much larger than Marxism, literally everyone knows that.

Another interpretation of this is that if you cannot recognize economic inequality in this country and its role in race relations, and furthermore not be able to identify the need for black lives matter to address it, then you don't believe that black lives matter. You don't have to believe in Marxism, but you have to be intellectually honest enough to understand why one who is looking for economic equity would be attracted by marxism.

If you're so strongly against Marxism that you can't shove it aside to buy into the larger point, then you must be comfortable with the label that is the opposite of marxism, which is fascism.
Man I'm not going into the rabbit hole any further with you.  I think we just fall on different sides of the coin re. whether one can be a "non-racist" while not holding a favorable view of Black Lives Matter (the org) (if I'm mischaracterizing your point, i'm sorry).  That's the heart of our disagreement I think, and I don't think we're going to change each other's minds.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: September 23, 2020, 04:02:12 PM »

Man I'm not going into the rabbit hole any further with you.  I think we just fall on different sides of the coin re. whether one can be in favor of racial justice, and not hold a favorable view of Black Lives Matter as an org.  That's the heart of our disagreement I think, and I don't think we're going to change each other's minds.

I'm not trying to change your mind, I'm letting you know your rationalization of having any issue with this so called black lives matter organization, because you're some devoted capitalist, is bullshit.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: September 23, 2020, 04:05:17 PM »

economic inequality in this country and its role in race relations

What do you think needs to happen for this to change?

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: September 23, 2020, 04:05:41 PM »
I'm not trying to change your mind, I'm letting you know your rationalization of having any issue with this so called black lives matter organization, because you're some devoted capitalist, is bullshit.
Noted.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: September 23, 2020, 04:22:45 PM »

economic inequality in this country and its role in race relations

What do you think needs to happen for this to change?

Reasonably, nothing. It won't happen. I think reparations in the form of property and/or investments will help, but we're talking about 450 years of black people first building the economy without being part of the growth, then subsequently there never being any legislation to address that. None of the civil rights laws ever addressed this. We also can't forget that there were isolated cases of ADOS finding affiliated l isolated cases of financial independence only to have the them intentionally crushed.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: September 23, 2020, 04:28:30 PM »
I think a good first step would be the US government and its people acknowledging that government policy damaged blacks in the US economically and effects of that policy remain today. I don't know if we'll ever even get to that.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: September 23, 2020, 05:16:04 PM »
I think a good first step would be the US government and its people acknowledging that government policy damaged blacks in the US economically and effects of that policy remain today. I don't know if we'll ever even get to that.

What are u doing to help?  Don’t just talk about it, be about it.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: September 23, 2020, 05:23:32 PM »

What are u doing to help?  Don’t just talk about it, be about it.

I emailed Gene!

He told me he'd see if he could find the other videos. :lol:

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: September 23, 2020, 05:31:19 PM »
:lol:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: September 23, 2020, 05:32:30 PM »
Y'all probably won't, but if you want to be helpful, I think you should also respectfully email Gene with your issues about the public stance he took in this interview. I can't be a lone voice here and we can't assume that others will handle it. We're damn sure the racists didn't take for granted that they would be heard. If all of your enlightenment and allyship are confined to this thread you don't have the right to wag your finger at Dlew or anyone else, you're just as functionally useless as those who silently nod at the notion that black lives matter can be dismissed because of Karl Marx.

I sent an email!

:thumbsup:

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: September 23, 2020, 08:58:53 PM »
Haven't read all the posts ITT today, so at the risk of luking I'm posting this.
https://twitter.com/larryelder/status/1308599133737897984?s=20                         
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: September 23, 2020, 10:56:45 PM »
Haven't read all the posts ITT today, so at the risk of luking I'm posting this.
https://twitter.com/larryelder/status/1308599133737897984?s=20                         

I will not be watching that

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: September 24, 2020, 09:36:51 PM »
Hmmm, wonder why people think there is a difference between BLM and the BLM(org)??

See links below...thanks to nicname

And then on top of all of this you have one of the boards biggest advocates of BLM calling the AG of Kentucky a MAGA coon?  Not one of you dopes objected to him saying that?  smdh. 

« Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 09:56:43 PM by I_have_purplewood »
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: September 24, 2020, 09:47:48 PM »
@I_have_purplewood

You’re not posting links correctly
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: September 24, 2020, 11:09:31 PM »
Hmmm, wonder why people think there is a difference between BLM and the BLM(org)??

See links below...thanks to nicname

And then on top of all of this you have one of the boards biggest advocates of BLM calling the AG of Kentucky a MAGA coon?  Not one of you dopes objected to him saying that?  smdh.

What does that MAGA loving cameron coon have to do with black lives matter? Also what constitutes "one of the boards biggest advocates of BLM" mean? Either you believe black lives matter of you don't, there's no degrees.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: October 24, 2020, 01:47:26 PM »
How many points of this blowout can be attributed to the squawks wearing a BLM patch?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: October 24, 2020, 09:00:40 PM »
How many points of this blowout can be attributed to the squawks wearing a BLM patch?

I'm going to attribute the points to the stupid "unity" under the BLM.
Our volleyball team is about to break into the top 10 and they've been wearing these joints all year.

Did you see the black fist logo that Indiana and Illinois have?

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: October 24, 2020, 09:11:06 PM »
Did you see the black fist logo that Indiana and Illinois have?

Of course not.

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: April 12, 2021, 08:22:37 AM »
May have caught that GA property at the right time, likely substantial appreciation there.   

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: February 02, 2022, 11:15:00 AM »
Nice chunk of change.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: February 02, 2022, 11:52:33 AM »
Grifters gonna grift