Author Topic: The official new head coach bio/info thread of hope/change/dreams  (Read 154946 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: The official new head coach bio/info thread of hope/change/dreams
« Reply #300 on: November 15, 2015, 09:17:09 AM »
Is Tom Herman under contract yet? When is the presser?

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: November 15, 2015, 09:24:02 AM »
Is it better to suffer through another year of dementiaball than to be the 10th best opening this year?
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: November 15, 2015, 09:28:35 AM »
Is it better to suffer through another year of dementiaball than to be the 10th best opening this year?

This is actually the very question I struggle with.  I mean, he won't can Dimel or Hayes so we can continue to expect recruiting on the laziest of all levels.  I suspect Dimel will adapt or he will never work again.  Hayes will go back to Tanners

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: November 15, 2015, 09:35:05 AM »
the recruiting is only going to get worse
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: November 15, 2015, 10:21:47 AM »
the recruiting is only going to get worse

Afraid so.  What if they double down on the "we can sign up kids with no offers and coach them into winners" strategy?  We could see the first all Kansas team ever fielded in NCAA history?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: November 15, 2015, 10:46:43 AM »

This is actually the very question I struggle with.  I mean, he won't can Dimel or Hayes so we can continue to expect recruiting on the laziest of all levels.  I suspect Dimel will adapt or he will never work again.  Hayes will go back to Tanners

Why do you guys think the job is so bad because I don't agree at all. I feel like some of you calling this a bad job are the same ones that would be pissed if a coach used the "I can't recruit here" excuse.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: November 15, 2015, 10:50:06 AM »
I think it's a great job.  I just think the combination of following Bill and the talent level might be a hindrance if we get into a head to head competition with Va Tech or Miami

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: November 15, 2015, 10:54:02 AM »
I think it's a great job.  I just think the combination of following Bill and the talent level might be a hindrance if we get into a head to head competition with Va Tech or Miami

We have a trump card now...

:buh-bye:
bears are fast...

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: November 15, 2015, 10:54:27 AM »

Why do you guys think the job is so bad because I don't agree at all. I feel like some of you calling this a bad job are the same ones that would be pissed if a coach used the "I can't recruit here" excuse.

If anything, it's Currie that would make it a "bad job".

Again, it goes back to Currie. I can easily see Currie pulling someone away from either place, depending on the candidate.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: November 15, 2015, 10:56:22 AM »
I think Currie focuses on fb enough that he won't be a detriment to picking our coach.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: November 15, 2015, 11:05:53 AM »
I think Currie focuses on fb enough that he won't be a detriment to picking our coach.
Hope so. But he is kind of a weird guy and we've heard about Snyder hating him for various things. I can see why a coach would think he's a weird guy to work with and be scared off.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: November 15, 2015, 11:10:06 AM »
We only have to worry about Currie if we try to hire someone with options.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: November 15, 2015, 11:20:01 AM »
I like the novelty of replacing an old coach with another old coach. That said, if it was me, I'd ping Gary Barnett and suggest he start engaging in some illegal recruiting a la Bob Huggins.

Offline Blackcats

• I Know Stuff You Don't
  • Combo-Fan
  • LOUD NOISES!
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: November 15, 2015, 01:07:05 PM »
Anyone. Literally anyone. Throw a rough ridin' dart.

How about Pan?
Has people skillz. Has never lost a game as head coach.
BlackCats does it right and is clearly a good person. - Steve Dave
BlackCats is a vital member of this blogging community, and a close personal friend of mine. -meow meow
I yearn for your nuggets. - Shooter Jones

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #314 on: November 15, 2015, 01:12:22 PM »
Hope so. But he is kind of a weird guy and we've heard about Snyder hating him for various things. I can see why a coach would think he's a weird guy to work with and be scared off.

Has Snyder ever gotten along with an AD?

A control freak with a God complex usually doesn't get along with his "boss" well, by and large.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: November 15, 2015, 01:15:48 PM »
Most ads probably don't have to force their head football coach to accept upgrades
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: November 15, 2015, 01:41:23 PM »
Agreed.  Snyder only really got along with Weisee because Weiser basically worked for him.  Currie has shown he will work his ass off to build a Cadillac for the coach then give them the keys.

Currie fucjed with Frank because frank mumped with Currie.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: November 15, 2015, 03:04:24 PM »

A control freak with a God complex usually doesn't get along with his "boss" well, by and large.

if the rumor that Currie forbade Snyder from hiring his first coordinator choice after Cosh left is true, that's a bit more serious/worrisome than Snyder having a god complex who hates any "boss".

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: November 15, 2015, 03:49:59 PM »

if the rumor that Currie forbade Snyder from hiring his first coordinator choice after Cosh left is true, that's a bit more serious/worrisome than Snyder having a god complex who hates any "boss".

refresh me?
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline BackPayne

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: November 15, 2015, 03:56:05 PM »
If it's going to happen I hope it does very soon. I want our new coach before signing day so he can bring in some of his cruits.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #320 on: November 15, 2015, 03:56:51 PM »

I don't know if that's true or not.  Currie probably isn't fun to work with, but I really can't imagine LHC Bill Snyder considering him more than an annoyance.

I'm with Dickstone in the fact that Currie has given Bill about $160+ million reasons to have a good working relationship.  Gundy has had a similar relationship with his AD, but he's stayed because it's hard to find a situation where you never have to worry about money or facilities. 

The problem is that Bill doesn't give a crap about that.  He'd just as well have practice in the middle of a field and have games in CiCo park.

Offline Blackcats

• I Know Stuff You Don't
  • Combo-Fan
  • LOUD NOISES!
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: November 15, 2015, 04:36:15 PM »

I don't know if that's true or not.  Currie probably isn't fun to work with, but I really can't imagine LHC LHC Bill Snyder considering him more than an annoyance.

I'm with Dickstone in the fact that Currie has given Bill about $160+ million reasons to have a good working relationship.  Gundy has had a similar relationship with his AD, but he's stayed because it's hard to find a situation where you never have to worry about money or facilities. 

The problem is that Bill doesn't give a crap about that.  He'd just as well have practice in the middle of a field and have games in CiCo park.

It's true. But that donor is dead, we have his money, and everyone kissed and made up last December.
BlackCats does it right and is clearly a good person. - Steve Dave
BlackCats is a vital member of this blogging community, and a close personal friend of mine. -meow meow
I yearn for your nuggets. - Shooter Jones

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: November 16, 2015, 02:56:19 AM »

refresh me?
Isn't this the rumor that we had Jim Leavitt on the line, possibly as a HC in waiting/ or co HC/DC, and Currie nixed it?
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: November 16, 2015, 02:56:53 AM »

I don't know if that's true or not.  Currie probably isn't fun to work with, but I really can't imagine LHC Bill Snyder considering him more than an annoyance.

Nah man, remember in that one video he said he really wanted a training table!
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: November 16, 2015, 10:05:17 AM »

Nah man, remember in that one video he said he really wanted a training table!
I don't think OB is a rough ridin' idiot!
Hot time in Kat town tonight.