Author Topic: Is Planned Hamburger more important than the entire good of America?  (Read 129239 times)

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
Re: Is Planned Hamburger more important than the entire good of America?
« Reply #100 on: September 21, 2015, 02:25:13 PM »
It should be legal. If we lived in a society full of productive members that contribute. Full of people dedicating to bettering themselves and those around them, I would absolutely be all for making abortion illegal past a certain time frame. (If you had unprotected sex and worry it may have caused a pregnancy, go get that crap vacuumed out within the month)

The truth of the matter is that society is not that way. There are a lot of people born into shitty situations that damn them for life. I don't think forcing more children to be born into that is helpful at all to anyone.

http://liveactionnews.org/inspiring-true-story-of-a-woman-who-survived-an-abortion/

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 21, 2015, 02:26:15 PM »
end abortion cronyism

:lol:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 21, 2015, 02:30:52 PM »
Your reading comprehension is atrocious.

How so? You said:

Shutting down Planned Parenthood is going to increase the number of unwanted pregnancies, and thus increase the demand for abortions.

To which I asked you: Why do you assume Planned Parenthood would shut down and cease offering birth control or health screenings if it couldn't provide abortion?

To which you never replied.

Aren't you the person who was accusing people of making up things to fit their story when they didn't have all the facts? But I guess it is ok for you to just make up my answer when you didn't receive one.

Where did I make up your answer? I've done no such thing. I'd honestly like to know what your answer is.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 21, 2015, 02:35:19 PM »
Your reading comprehension is atrocious.

How so? You said:

Shutting down Planned Parenthood is going to increase the number of unwanted pregnancies, and thus increase the demand for abortions.

To which I asked you: Why do you assume Planned Parenthood would shut down and cease offering birth control or health screenings if it couldn't provide abortion?

To which you never replied.

well defunding planned parenthood would have the logical ending of shutting down planned parenthood.  abortions already recieve no tax money (which is stupid imo). she's right, your reading comprehension is atrotious

Remind me to add this idiotic "abortions receive no tax money" argument to the post-game scorecard. Money is "fungible," my friend. Sure, you can follow all the legal niceties like keeping separate books, but it's still all one enterprise. That's like arguing that foreign aid to the PLO doesn't fund terrorism. It's all going to the same place. If the PLO can use the foreign aid to feed its people, it can use its money to buy rockets.

If you really believe that Planned Parenthood can't survive without abortion, then it would seem that you are admitting that abortion is the primary cash cow for Planned Parenthood (don't tell CNS this).
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 21, 2015, 02:36:37 PM »
no one in this thread said they can't survive without abortion, that's you making up things because your reading comprehension is atrocious

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: September 21, 2015, 02:41:35 PM »
no one in this thread said they can't survive without abortion, that's you making up things because your reading comprehension is atrocious

:lol: Ok.  :rolleyes:

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 21, 2015, 02:43:56 PM »
ksuw, you have mistakenly confused me  :lol: at you with me presenting an argument. that's okay, i forgive you.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 21, 2015, 02:47:44 PM »
you want to defund the non-abortion side, which means they will probably shut down.  if you get rid of the non-abortion services, unwanted pregnancy will increase, which will increase the amount of women looking to get abortions. i'm not really sure how this is so complicated for you to understand.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 21, 2015, 02:57:07 PM »

Where did I make up your answer? I've done no such thing.

Apparently your reading comprehension of your own words is atrocious as well.

6. Planned Parenthood would shut down if it couldn't provide abortion - Mrs. G (why do you assume that?)

Also, lib^7 just answered the question very well.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 21, 2015, 02:58:13 PM »
i mean, observing an autopsy is the most enjoyable use of three hours of my free time that i've found yet.

autopsies used to be considered evil/immoral

You ghouls are really knocking it out of the park today. So now we're comparing abortion to autopsies. The killing of human life is really no different than studying a body that's already dead.

The planned parenthood videos you keep urging everyone to watch are about selling fetal body parts. Those bodies are already dead.

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 21, 2015, 03:01:54 PM »
you want to defund the non-abortion side, which means they will probably shut down.  if you get rid of the non-abortion services, unwanted pregnancy will increase, which will increase the amount of women looking to get abortions. i'm not really sure how this is so complicated for you to understand.

So you are saying that young people will not have access to contraception or advice on how to avoid pregnancy if Planned Parenthood isn't around? I personally never once learned any of those things from them. I also got my free condoms from S.H.A.P.E. which was not supported or funded by planned parenthood.

Did you see this post? It helps you to realize there are a lot of great organizations out there who want to fill the tiny void losing planned parenthood would create.

https://twitter.com/MattLugar/status/644966883658219520

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 21, 2015, 03:04:22 PM »

So you are saying that young people will not have access to contraception or advice on how to avoid pregnancy if Planned Parenthood isn't around? I personally never once learned any of those things from them. I also got my free condoms from S.H.A.P.E. which was not supported or funded by planned parenthood.

Did you see this post? It helps you to realize there are a lot of great organizations out there who want to fill the tiny void losing planned parenthood would create.

I'd like to know the cost comparison of getting care at those other clinics vs PP.

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 21, 2015, 03:05:17 PM »

I'd like to know the cost comparison of getting care at those other clinics vs PP.

If the rates were exactly the same, would you care if PP was shut down?

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 21, 2015, 03:07:27 PM »
yard dog, could you post that twitter picture again, i'm not sure if everyone has seen it

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 21, 2015, 03:12:43 PM »
What about men?

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 21, 2015, 03:14:00 PM »
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/42178/planned-parenthood-womens-health

We have heard much regarding Planned Parenthood and all the services it provides. Yet the question remains: Exactly what does it do? Remember the much-ballyhooed mammograms? They turned into nothing more than pass-through funding that could be more efficiently directed by a less limited clinic.

In Nevada, PP advertises abortion services, birth control, HIV testing, LGBT services, morning-after pills, pregnancy testing and services, STD testing, treatment, and vaccines, women’s health care, and men’s health care. Nevada has three Planned Parenthood Clinics — one in Reno and two in Clark County (Las Vegas). In comparison, there are 52 community health clinics spread throughout the state, and they exist even in some of the smallest rural towns. These health centers provide women’s medical care regardless of age or medical issue, and are not just for “lady parts.” In addition to women’s health, services provided at many of these free community health clinics include dental care, immunizations (from babies to adults), STD testing and treatment, pre- and post-partum pregnancy care, behavioral-health care, pediatric care, and general care — regardless of age or gender. These clinics, often owned by community-based nonprofits, operate through federal and state grants.

A note on the men’s health services Planned Parenthood claims to offer: The services provided for males are limited to only those areas that could be covered by a swimsuit, as long as it’s a Speedo. If you have jock itch or premature ejaculation, PP, as noted on its website, might be a good choice. Otherwise, a community health center is the best option, again regardless of age or service needed.

For a woman facing any medical problem — whether her own or a loved one’s — health centers that provide a full suite of services are always preferable.

The website freeclinics.com provides ample information on free and reduced-rate clinics throughout my state and others. Money that is currently going to Planned Parenthood should support these community-based centers offering health care for all. — Melissa Clement is the president of Nevada Right to Life.

What about men?

See paragraph in italics above.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 21, 2015, 03:25:23 PM »
i mean, observing an autopsy is the most enjoyable use of three hours of my free time that i've found yet.

autopsies used to be considered evil/immoral

You ghouls are really knocking it out of the park today. So now we're comparing abortion to autopsies. The killing of human life is really no different than studying a body that's already dead.

The planned parenthood videos you keep urging everyone to watch are about selling fetal body parts. Those bodies are already dead.

You clearly haven't watched the videos.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 21, 2015, 03:36:06 PM »

Where did I make up your answer? I've done no such thing.

Apparently your reading comprehension of your own words is atrocious as well.

6. Planned Parenthood would shut down if it couldn't provide abortion - Mrs. G (why do you assume that?)

Also, lib^7 just answered the question very well.

Oh ok. We were talking about how abortion should be restricted, so when you replied that "shutting down planned parenthood would lead to...." I took it to be a response to that argument - that restricting abortion would shut down planned parenthood - as opposed to a standalone point.

As for your point, yard dog has that covered. It's really not true. It's also irrelevant because there's no reason planned parenthood should have to shut down. They can just stop providing abortions.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 21, 2015, 03:47:29 PM »
I'm not 100% sure you've all watched my video.

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 21, 2015, 03:50:30 PM »

I watched it, got really pumped about kstate football, then remembered that the video had 0% to do with what we were talking about. I was disappointed you tried to break up the argument with nonsense, but I'm still pumped about Kstate football, so there's that.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: September 21, 2015, 03:51:40 PM »

I watched it, got really pumped about kstate football, then remembered that the video had 0% to do with what we were talking about. I was disappointed you tried to break up the argument with nonsense, but I'm still pumped about Kstate football, so there's that.

Don't talk to me.

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 21, 2015, 03:53:38 PM »

Don't talk to me.

Don't compare KState's goal line defense to abortion. I dont think Bill would approve of that one bit.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 21, 2015, 04:00:06 PM »
KSUW, where do you consider the fetus to become a person, if not at birth? (not gE'ing i just want to know)

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 21, 2015, 04:30:08 PM »
KSUW, where do you consider the fetus to become a person, if not at birth? (not gE'ing i just want to know)

are all living humans persons?  is personhood a discrete yes/no character, or is it a gradient?  do all live human persons have a right to remain alive?  do live human nonpersons not have any right to live?
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 21, 2015, 05:33:53 PM »
well ksuw seemed to take issue with the "suddenness" of birth as a defining period of time to become a human being. idk how you can determine a time if it isn't sudden. at some point you're not human and then at some point you are human.