Author Topic: How big a deal is a bad year?  (Read 18422 times)

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
Re: How big a deal is a bad year?
« Reply #125 on: February 23, 2015, 03:51:20 PM »
hey guys, i may get to kill jrake!   :Woot:
the bonus is that because it's in writing on a message board, it will be 100% legal!

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 23, 2015, 03:52:53 PM »
I applaud your efforts to play devil's advocate right now but eff you are saying asinine crap attempting to do so. I have no idea how in the hell you think playing in a 10 team true round robin is harder for us to have respectable finishes than it was playing in a 12 team conference when we not only share the division but the state with the dominant team.

if any non-ku or iowa state big 12 team strings together four straight top-4 finishes from 2016 to 2019, i'll pick up the tab for fatty fest 2019.

if k-state does it, i'll lay down in the middle of aggieville and let you run me over with a bus until i'm dead.

While you're laying in the road can you explain why we excluded any team from that or why it's relevant to why the conference is harder or easier than it was 3 years ago?

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 23, 2015, 03:53:32 PM »

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #128 on: February 23, 2015, 03:53:45 PM »
While you're laying in the road can you explain why we excluded any team from that or why it's relevant to why the conference is harder or easier than it was 3 years ago?

yes, but no promises, i'll probably be under a lot of stress.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 23, 2015, 04:06:29 PM »
omg, remember when jrake excluded iowa state in his wager about perennial top 4 finishers in the big 12?  :lol:

Online ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 23, 2015, 04:34:17 PM »
omg, remember when jrake excluded iowa state in his wager about perennial top 4 finishers in the big 12?  :lol:

2019 ChiCat sure will

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 23, 2015, 05:18:45 PM »

Yes, Iowa State and Kansas don't count, there's 20% of the conference excluded. TCU and TT are so bad that they don't factor at all so there's another 20%. WVU has yet to finish in the top 4 in the Big 12 and K-State is trending down so essentially the bet is, "OU, UT, OSU or Baylor won't finish in the top four, 4 years in a row." That bet takes courage, man rake is really laying it on the line with that one.

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #132 on: February 23, 2015, 05:26:25 PM »
Yes, Iowa State and Kansas don't count, there's 20% of the conference excluded. TCU and TT are so bad that they don't factor at all so there's another 20%. WVU has yet to finish in the top 4 in the Big 12 and K-State is trending down so essentially the bet is, "OU, UT, OSU or Baylor won't finish in the top four, 4 years in a row." That bet takes courage, man rake is really laying it on the line with that one.

i'll bet whatever you want (money, charity donation, etc) that "non-factor" tcu finishes tied or ahead of k-state in the league standings at least three of the next five years, and that texas tech does it at least twice.

please advise.

Online sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 23, 2015, 05:29:17 PM »
i'll bet whatever you want (money, charity donation, etc) that "non-factor" tcu finishes tied or ahead of k-state in the league standings at least three of the next five years, and that texas tech does it at least twice.

let's just double down on your life.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 23, 2015, 06:09:58 PM »

please advise.

Why the hell would I take that bet, what part of what I am posting leads you to believe that we don't blow? Again you are getting all twisted up in your talking points though as this does nothing to prove your theory,that you don't actually believe, that the Big 12 is now a harder conference than it was 3 years ago.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: February 23, 2015, 06:11:21 PM »
Yeah, I can't disagree that maybe oscar has something going with the players where they do better when getting to sleep at home or something that is independent of the in-fOOD atmosphere.

Saturday could be a look into what next year's crowd could be like.

I just got the "this week in k-state" email.

K-State Men's Basketball Hosts Big Monday Showdown vs. #8 KU

K-State Men's Basketball hosts #8 KU at 8 pm tonight, in Bramlage Coliseum. Tickets to the game are still available - click here to purchase tickets. The game is Big Monday and will be broadcast nationally on ESPN.

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #136 on: February 23, 2015, 06:16:43 PM »
Why the hell would I take that bet, what part of what I am posting leads you to believe that we don't blow? Again you are getting all twisted up in your talking points though as this does nothing to prove your theory,that you don't actually believe, that the Big 12 is now a harder conference than it was 3 years ago.

we can disagree on the difficulty of the new big 12 compared to the old, but i'll still maintain that it's going to be much harder to sustain consistent success going forward given that the eight non ku and iowa state teams will be more or less interchangeable from one season to the next.

Offline Frankenklein

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 23, 2015, 06:31:53 PM »
Just look at what oscar is doing to you people  :nono:

Online 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 23, 2015, 06:35:10 PM »
rake, where do you rank oscar among Big 12 coaches?

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 23, 2015, 06:44:17 PM »
I don't think many people here know the history of rake.

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #140 on: February 23, 2015, 06:58:21 PM »

big 12 coaches ranked:

1. hoiberg
2. self
3. kruger
4. huggins
5. drew
6. johnson
7. barnes
8. tubby
9. weber
10. ford

Online sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 23, 2015, 07:06:01 PM »

did you see where i've entered into two contracts, either of which may give me the right to kill him in five years?
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

catzacker

« Reply #142 on: February 23, 2015, 07:10:27 PM »

did you see where i've entered into two contracts, either of which may give me the right to kill him in five years?

I think when a contract incorporates something illegal it becomes invalid in whole.  but I was barely awake for most of Kathy Seeberger's classes so maybe i'm wrong.

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #143 on: February 23, 2015, 07:14:48 PM »
the contact is also void if hoiberg wins a national title before k-state next makes the ncaa tourney.

Online sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 23, 2015, 07:25:22 PM »
I think when a contract incorporates something illegal it becomes invalid in whole.  but I was barely awake for most of Kathy Seeberger's classes so maybe i'm wrong.

there are a lot of lawyers here.  if we need to leave the country or something before we execute the contract, i'm sure someone will let me know.

Online sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 23, 2015, 07:26:07 PM »
the contact is also void if hoiberg wins a national title before k-state next makes the ncaa tourney.

obviously.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 23, 2015, 07:53:31 PM »
Huggins had a 19 loss season two years ago.

Jay Wright lost 19 games in 2012.

Mike Brey went 15-17 last year.

Roy Williams had 17 losses in 2010. (16-16 regular season)

Billy Donovan is 13-14 this year.

So yeah.

all of those coaches have made the elite 8 with the schools they are at now except brey who has made the sweet 16. 2 have national championships.

they have earned a bad season. oscar has not.
Welp, the final 4 at IU doesn't count.  Or for the matter the first Big 12 Championship in 44 years.  What a rough ridin' loser... now who would I be talking about.  :facepalm:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Online 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 23, 2015, 08:00:23 PM »

big 12 coaches ranked:

1. hoiberg
2. self
3. kruger
4. huggins
5. drew
6. johnson
7. barnes
8. tubby
9. weber
10. ford

So what's the risk of firing Weber this year?

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #148 on: April 02, 2015, 07:10:11 PM »
I applaud your efforts to play devil's advocate right now but eff you are saying asinine crap attempting to do so. I have no idea how in the hell you think playing in a 10 team true round robin is harder for us to have respectable finishes than it was playing in a 12 team conference when we not only share the division but the state with the dominant team.

if any non-ku or iowa state big 12 team strings together four straight top-4 finishes from 2016 to 2019, i'll pick up the tab for fatty fest 2019.

if k-state does it, i'll lay down in the middle of aggieville and let you run me over with a bus until i'm dead.

can someone provide an estimated cost and let me know where to send? thanks.

@GoodmanESPN
VCU coach Shaka Smart has an 8 pm team meeting scheduled, sources told ESPN.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 02, 2015, 07:28:31 PM »

can someone provide an estimated cost and let me know where to send? thanks.

@GoodmanESPN
VCU coach Shaka Smart has an 8 pm team meeting scheduled, sources told ESPN.

don't worry about it, you couldn't afford it anyway.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best