Author Topic: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....  (Read 4152242 times)

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....
« Reply #1375 on: June 07, 2010, 05:05:27 PM »

Apparently, the general opinion among the schools is that Mizzou is being played like a cheap whore and being used as bait to try and show Notre Dame that they're serious and will move on without them....without any intention of ever giving Mizzou an official invite.

There's a legitimate chance that Mizzou will end up not being a member of the Big 12 OR the Big 10.   :lol:

What is the protocol for kicking a school out of the Big 12? If Mizzou does not sign their ultimatum, are they officially out? I would assume the Big 12 would have to either compensate them monetarily or give them a couple of years notice.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: June 07, 2010, 05:06:41 PM »

Apparently, the general opinion among the schools is that Mizzou is being played like a cheap whore and being used as bait to try and show Notre Dame that they're serious and will move on without them....without any intention of ever giving Mizzou an official invite.

There's a legitimate chance that Mizzou will end up not being a member of the Big 12 OR the Big 10.   :lol:

What is the protocol for kicking a school out of the Big 12? If Mizzou does not sign their ultimatum, are they officially out? I would assume the Big 12 would have to either compensate them monetarily or give them a couple of years notice.

Been wondering what the "or else" component of this is.

Offline DoDRefugee

• Fan
    • View Profile
The Actual Status of the Big 12/KSU
« Reply #1377 on: June 07, 2010, 05:33:00 PM »
Hey fellow 'cats.

I've been following this conference-shakeup hoopla, and thought it be best to chime in what is actually going to happen with K-State. I know you're currently asking yourselves "How does this guy know?" So before you start hovering your pointer over the "powerespect approved" icon...let me tell ya.

I sat through a meeting with our AD's graduate assistant this morning. He had just come from a meeting with Currie, and had this to say about the current status of the Big 12/K-State.

- Texas, Texas Tech, and Oklahoma have all committed to staying in the Big 12.
- The PAC10's offer to the South schools was kind of a spur-of-the-moment type thing, apparently there is some restlessness from their schools that are upset with USC getting almost double the television revenue of other conference schools. Their offer to the Big 12 schools is a leap of faith, and it is highly unlikely any will accept.
- K-State WILL REMAIN IN A BCS CONFERENCE, no matter what the rest of the conference decides to do.

These are all direct quotes that I heard myself...not from my brother's-friend-who-dated-a-girl-who's-father-delivers-mail-to-bramlage. Could it be complete BS? Maybe...but doubtful. The GA seemed pretty frustrated with whole rumor situation.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: June 07, 2010, 05:35:36 PM »
welcome to the board DoD guy

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: June 07, 2010, 05:36:48 PM »
more like former graduate assistant.  Man.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1380 on: June 07, 2010, 05:41:16 PM »
Hey fellow 'cats.

I've been following this conference-shakeup hoopla, and thought it be best to chime in what is actually going to happen with K-State. I know you're currently asking yourselves "How does this guy know?" So before you start hovering your pointer over the "powerespect approved" icon...let me tell ya.

I sat through a meeting with our AD's graduate assistant this morning. He had just come from a meeting with Currie, and had this to say about the current status of the Big 12/K-State.

- Texas, Texas Tech, and Oklahoma have all committed to staying in the Big 12.
- The PAC10's offer to the South schools was kind of a spur-of-the-moment type thing, apparently there is some restlessness from their schools that are upset with USC getting almost double the television revenue of other conference schools. Their offer to the Big 12 schools is a leap of faith, and it is highly unlikely any will accept.
- K-State WILL REMAIN IN A BCS CONFERENCE, no matter what the rest of the conference decides to do.

These are all direct quotes that I heard myself...not from my brother's-friend-who-dated-a-girl-who's-father-delivers-mail-to-bramlage. Could it be complete BS? Maybe...but doubtful. The GA seemed pretty frustrated with whole rumor situation.

Quoted for likely deletion after the guy who told DoD guy this is all WTF.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: June 07, 2010, 06:06:59 PM »

Just had a long convo with Nostradamus (sp?) 1 . . . my cohort who along with me was espousing the quickening towards the Super Conferences 10 years ago in Powertardville . . . much to the disdain and discomfort of the collective over there.   

I reminded my fellow forward looking genius that if the nuclear option gets invoked and K-State gets shoved off to the Mountain West . . . that unless the new "Superconferences" want to battle a prolonged legal and political fight, the refugees and their conference(s) will be granted an automatic qualifier(S) in whatever system is put in place to decide a champion.   

Because if you really think about it, while the refugee's may lack media horsepower, they would be stacked in political and legal horsepower.   Remember now we could be talking about entire states getting "scorned", we could be talking about entire regional congressional constituencies being engaged in this, then Governors, State Attorney General's offices and on and on  . . .   They could potentially tie up the "super conferences" in political and legal wranglings for years . . . making it extremely expensive and painful for the super conferences to be exclusionary. 

Not at all the preferred or desired method to attack these issues by any stretch of the imagination, but something to think about none-the-less.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: June 07, 2010, 06:11:17 PM »
ChipBrownOB

Losing Nebraska's administration as a trusted ally is a big reason Texas is sweating NU's possible departure from the Big 12.
3 minutes ago via TweetDeck
Reply Retweet

ChipBrownOB
UT probably trusts Nebraska's administration (at the chancellor level) more than anyone else in the Big 12 North.
4 minutes ago via TweetDeck

ChipBrownOB
Forget Tom Osborne's disgrunted view of Texas. UT officials trust NU chancellor Harvey Perlman implicitly.
5 minutes ago via TweetDeck

ChipBrownOB
By the way, Texas officials want it clear their relationship with NU's administration is among the best in the Big 12.
6 minutes ago via TweetDeck

ChipBrownOB
Love how some from Nebraska are trying to couch it that Texas was being disloyal. Texas was preparing in case Neb and Mizzou bolted.
7 minutes ago via TweetDeck

ChipBrownOB
Pac-10 commish Larry Scott and COO Kevin Weiberg visited Texas 2 wks ago to discuss fallback in case Neb and Mizzou bolted for the Big Ten.

edit:  lol
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 06:17:23 PM by steve dave »

Offline TheMadCatter

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: June 07, 2010, 06:13:35 PM »
ChipBrownOB

Losing Nebraska's administration as a trusted ally is a big reason Texas is sweating NU's possible departure from the Big 12.
Reply Retweet

ChipBrownOB
UT probably trusts Nebraska's administration (at the chancellor level) more than anyone else in the Big 12 North.

ChipBrownOB
Forget Tom Osborne's disgrunted view of Texas. UT officials trust NU chancellor Harvey Perlman implicitly.

BigEMAW
@PettMB I've gone through 3 or 4 sets of them. They get sweat in them and fry apparently.
6 minutes ago via web from Dunes At Falcon Valley, Lenexa in reply to PettMB

ChipBrownOB
By the way, Texas officials want it clear their relationship with NU's administration is among the best in the Big 12.

ChipBrownOB
Love how some from Nebraska are trying to couch it that Texas was being disloyal. Texas was preparing in case Neb and Mizzou bolted.

ChipBrownOB
Pac-10 commish Larry Scott and COO Kevin Weiberg visited Texas 2 wks ago to discuss fallback in case Neb and Mizzou bolted for the Big Ten.

lol

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: June 07, 2010, 06:14:26 PM »
welcome to the board DoD guy

Yep.  Welcomed addition to the board.  I hope DOD guy becomes a frequent poster.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: June 07, 2010, 06:18:27 PM »
Butt Hurt Level is Red in Tardville . . . Repeat . . . Butt Hurt level is Red in Tardville.

Regents petitions and email campaigns kicking into high gear.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: June 07, 2010, 06:24:27 PM »
ChipBrownOB

Media has probably let Tom Osborne's view of Texas infect the perception of the relationship between UT and Nebraska. It's good at top.

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: June 07, 2010, 06:25:54 PM »
ChipBrownOB

Reply Retweet

ChipBrownOB

ChipBrownOB

BigEMAW
@PettMB I've gone through 3 or 4 sets of them. They get sweat in them and fry apparently.
6 minutes ago via web from Dunes At Falcon Valley, Lenexa in reply to PettMB

ChipBrownOB

ChipBrownOB

ChipBrownOB

lol

WTF?  :peek:
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

catzacker

« Reply #1388 on: June 07, 2010, 06:52:49 PM »
ChipBrownOB

Reply Retweet

ChipBrownOB

ChipBrownOB

ChipBrownOB

ChipBrownOB

ChipBrownOB

edit:  lol

lol.  so they need NU because NU is vote that keeps them (UT) from having to share revenue.  what a bunch of rough ridin' pussies. 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: June 07, 2010, 06:55:14 PM »
ChipBrownOB

My AD source with knowledge of the B10 says Notre Dame is listening bec it doesn't want to be left out of 4 16-team super conferences.

catzacker

« Reply #1390 on: June 07, 2010, 06:55:37 PM »
more "we're scared shitless of NU leaving because the rest of the conference would be able to block us" from Chip

Quote from: Chip Brown, homosexual and Texas mouthpiece
Is Nebraska better off in B10 or B12? Battle Ohio St., Penn St., Iowa, Mich., etc. Or dominate B12 North and play for a title every year?

Offline fatty fat fat

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: June 07, 2010, 06:58:36 PM »
good lord. look at catzacker's avatar/caption combo.

what a jackass.

catzacker

« Reply #1392 on: June 07, 2010, 07:01:26 PM »

what a jackass.

are you tmcats on tigerboard?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: June 07, 2010, 07:05:12 PM »
It's laughable that ku is an AAU school . . . in terms of many of their fellow AAU school their research and academic ranking is a joke.  

K-State Manhattan has just as much extramural research or more than ku Lawrence, they have to combine their medical center extramural research and ku lawrence to surpass K-State.    Compared to other major universities that have medical schools their total extramural research funding is extremely low.

Well put.

Phone calls have been placed, and ears have been tugged.  "Quietly into the night" will not be the etching on our tombstone, that you can be assured.

Be honest, Jon.  None of this would be happening to KSTATEO if you were still at the helm, right?

Satchel Paige once said "don't look back—something might be gaining on you."  It was one of his many sage instructions on how to remain youthful and vibrant.

I am not going to look backwards, but instead cast my eyes and my efforts toward the future.  Kansas State University is about people.  People working tirelessly toward a goal of making this University the best that it can be.  Certainly the past has shown that we can do this, however now we must script a new history.

Over the coming weeks, I believe that you'll see our "people" in motion in ways that will delight you a very great deal.  Unless that kiss ass Shultz fracks this all up.

This is also a concern of mine.  Really pisses me off to see the vid clips from the conference mtgs on the news and see Shultz and Beebe being the only idiots there with crap eating grins on.   Don't think they get what is going on.

Other possibility is that Shultz has no ability to do anything but sit back and wait.  Beebe doesn't have this excuse.

I'm pretty sure that Jon Wefald would not be sitting back and waiting. He would have already called a press conference in which he gave an honorary K-State football jersey to athletic directors, chancellors, and university presidents of Nebraska, Missouri, Colorado, Texas, Texas A&M, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Baylor and Texas Tech. Tears would be shed.

Offline fatty fat fat

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: June 07, 2010, 07:05:23 PM »

what a jackass.

change it you clown-ass.

i may not be the fff of 2007, but damnit i still get disgusted when i see apathetic bbs'ing.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1395 on: June 07, 2010, 07:08:21 PM »
still wanting to know why _33's video was taken down

catzacker

« Reply #1396 on: June 07, 2010, 07:11:30 PM »

what a jackass.

change it you clown-ass.

i may not be the fff of 2007, but damnit i still get disgusted when i see apathetic bbs'ing.

better?

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: June 07, 2010, 07:12:04 PM »

what a jackass.

change it you clown-ass.

better?

:surprised:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline fatty fat fat

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: June 07, 2010, 07:25:35 PM »
yes.

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: June 07, 2010, 08:26:32 PM »

what a jackass.
LOL!
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.