Author Topic: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....  (Read 4068793 times)

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
Re: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....
« Reply #16325 on: October 11, 2011, 12:54:50 PM »
@ChuckCarltonDMNChuck Carlton
Neinas says the possibility of TCU inheriting the Texas A&M scheduling slot on Thanksgiving against Texas is "probably not the case.

Hopefully this doesn't mean the entire schedule will have to change again.  I kinda like starting it off easy, it gives us confidence.

Saving that spot for ND

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16326 on: October 11, 2011, 12:55:12 PM »
CTR to Thanksgiving in Jerry World?  :drool: :pray:
RIP Fatty

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16327 on: October 11, 2011, 12:58:34 PM »

Pretty sure there's a game scheduled in Jerry World on Thanksgiving

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16328 on: October 11, 2011, 01:06:58 PM »

Cowboys and Lions every year.

Offline fr@ck me

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16329 on: October 11, 2011, 01:13:08 PM »
@ChuckCarltonDMNChuck Carlton
Neinas says the possibility of TCU inheriting the Texas A&M scheduling slot on Thanksgiving against Texas is "probably not the case.

Hopefully this doesn't mean the entire schedule will have to change again.  I kinda like starting it off easy, it gives us confidence.

Saving that spot for ND

you sure they aren't saving it for us?  :ksu: or are we still on that whole Texas has to beat us before they can be our rival  :lol:

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16330 on: October 11, 2011, 01:28:41 PM »

We're finally playing the Cowboys?    :emawkid:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #16331 on: October 11, 2011, 01:37:38 PM »

We're finally playing the Cowboys?    :emawkid:

No announcer outside of Stan will be able to tell these teams apart. 

Offline theKSU

• Katpak'r
  • Team KSU
    • View Profile
« Reply #16332 on: October 11, 2011, 01:46:10 PM »
Pinkel claiming he doesn't talk to the administration about the conference situation.  He's not a very good liar.  BITB will play this interview this afternoon. 

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #16333 on: October 11, 2011, 01:49:13 PM »
Pinkel claiming he doesn't talk to the administration about the conference situation.  He's not a very good liar.  BITB will play this interview this afternoon. 

The past 10 days have reduced The University of Missouri and it's athletic department from savvy operators holding all the cards to desperate morons who can even leak a document correctly.  Pinkel being just exposed as a crappy coach and an even crappier diplomat is hilarious.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16334 on: October 11, 2011, 02:42:10 PM »
Pinkel claiming he doesn't talk to the administration about the conference situation.

Meanwhile, Scheme Doctor is calling "El Bulldog" (GP) about moving to the Big 12 before it's even official.

Offline Fuktard

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #16335 on: October 11, 2011, 02:54:45 PM »

The past 10 days have reduced The University of Missouri and it's athletic department from savvy operators holding all the cards to desperate morons who can even leak a document correctly.  Pinkel being just exposed as a crappy coach and an even crappier diplomat is hilarious.

The leaks from MU are absolute amateurism.  That whole University should be embarrassed.  It starts with Deaton...MU is just an abortion of an instituition.

Offline KSUBrian

• Combo-Fan
  • Weird Robert is #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16336 on: October 11, 2011, 08:55:56 PM »
 :D

Prediction. If MU goes to the SEC, Pinkle is not MU's coach in 4 years.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #16337 on: October 11, 2011, 09:01:33 PM »

exactly. This is why I don't understand why his opinion is valued so much. They do realize that the program needs to elevate to compete well in the sec, and the best coach they've ever had is nearing retirement. all they have to do is hire a better coach than the beat they've ever had. Seems reasonable.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #16338 on: October 11, 2011, 09:15:50 PM »

exactly. This is why I don't understand why his opinion is valued so much. They do realize that the program needs to elevate to compete well in the sec, and the best coach they've ever had is nearing retirement. all they have to do is hire a better coach than the beat they've ever had. Seems reasonable.

When they get to the SEC they will be able to recruit better, they will win more, will get a better coach, they will be a basketball power, rich beyond their wildest dreams and everyone in the state will quit meth and grow their teeth back.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16339 on: October 11, 2011, 09:36:58 PM »
I understand there's a coalition of dentists in Missouri fighting the move to the SEC tooth (literally) and nail.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #16340 on: October 11, 2011, 09:39:57 PM »

When they get to the SEC they will be able to recruit better, they will win more, will get a better coach, they will be a basketball power, rich beyond their wildest dreams and everyone in the state will quit meth and grow their teeth back.

The SEC will solve all of our problems!

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16341 on: October 11, 2011, 09:40:54 PM »
mu: We're just here to suckle on your teat.

Offline 60scat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16342 on: October 12, 2011, 10:21:21 AM »
Got to bump this up.   There could be someone out there that might want to start reading through all 654 pages.   Ha Ha Ha

Seriously, someone should just start the Cliffs Notes version of this thread.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16343 on: October 12, 2011, 10:29:52 AM »
Got to bump this up.   There could be someone out there that might want to start reading through all 654 pages.   Ha Ha Ha

Cliff notes:

Nebraska, Colorado, and A&M are all bitches who are afraid of Texas.  Mizzou is maybe that way also.  TCU likes money.  K-State owns the conference.  Olive Garden is good, Prince of Persia is decent. 

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #16344 on: October 12, 2011, 10:33:12 AM »

Cliff notes:

Nebraska, Colorado, and A&M are all bitches who are afraid of Texas.  Mizzou is maybe that way also.  TCU likes money.  K-State owns the conference.  Olive Garden is good, Prince of Persia is decent. 

And despite the hilarious yet misguided best efforts of one goEMAW amateur architect/graphic artist, lowering Boise's field would actually not lead to worse sight lines.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #16345 on: October 12, 2011, 10:33:34 AM »
(And KU has options.)
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #16346 on: October 12, 2011, 10:56:27 AM »
i know i'm forgetting a crap ton of stuff...but the best pages of this thread(this year anyway) had to have been when it came out that everyone was not giving up rights to sue A&M. I was refreshing twitter and this thread every 5 sec. That hour was amazing.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline kstater

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....
« Reply #16347 on: October 12, 2011, 10:59:21 AM »
i know i'm forgetting a crap ton of stuff...but the best pages of this thread(this year anyway) had to have been when it came out that everyone was not giving up rights to sue A&M. I was refreshing twitter and this thread every 5 sec. That hour was amazing.
Yeah, but we're saving the best for last.  When Mizzou announces they're staying.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #16348 on: October 12, 2011, 11:01:07 AM »

oh man, when KU said they weren't giving up rights and their journos all tweeted that they thought that was a mistake because KU had very good options and it must mean KSU...wow.  I mean

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #16349 on: October 12, 2011, 11:06:45 AM »

oh man, when KU said they weren't giving up rights and their journos all tweeted that they thought that was a mistake because KU had very good options and it must mean KSU...wow.  I mean

yes. any clue as to what pages? i'd like to take a stroll down memory lane.