Author Topic: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....  (Read 4069375 times)

Offline Johnny Wichita

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....
« Reply #16300 on: October 11, 2011, 08:58:32 AM »
San Diego State anybody?

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2011/oct/10/sdsu-courting-big-12-membership/

Would be a like a dream.  The only problem is I would have to think about who to cheer for when we play them. 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #16301 on: October 11, 2011, 09:39:31 AM »
Neinas saying:

We will have 10 teams next year.  Long term we will be 10 or 12, 16 not in play.  He asked Slive to tell him if they are going to invite MU.  No deadline for MU but they would need to tell the conf. by the end of the academic year what they are planning.  The figure that MU is throwing out there about additional money in the SEC isn't accurate.  Beebe laid the groundwork for some of the current expansion talk with the league. 

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #16302 on: October 11, 2011, 09:58:08 AM »
By the end of the academic year?  That's forever from now. Can't we impose some "hey you guys you better tell us by this certain time or gtfo" deadline?
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #16303 on: October 11, 2011, 10:07:06 AM »
By the end of the academic year?  That's forever from now. Can't we impose some "hey you guys you better tell us by this certain time or gtfo" deadline?

I don't think he wants to piss them off in case they decide not to go.  Oh, also, I think he said something about MU liking the addition of TCU or something. 

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #16304 on: October 11, 2011, 10:13:49 AM »
Mizzou could save face by saying they really dig this new Big 12 with the addition of Louisville/W.Virginia/Cincy and the eastern Big 12 corridor rivalries it gives them now.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #16305 on: October 11, 2011, 10:14:56 AM »
Mizzou could save face by saying they really dig this new Big 12 with the addition of Louisville/W.Virginia/Cincy and the eastern Big 12 corridor rivalries it gives them now.

Not sure they'd convince anybody, but they could try.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #16306 on: October 11, 2011, 10:22:50 AM »
By the end of the academic year?  That's forever from now. Can't we impose some "hey you guys you better tell us by this certain time or gtfo" deadline?

It puts pressure on Mizzou.  They are solely accountable for their actions from here on out.  They can't say that we forced them into a decision.  If they choose to drag this out, it's at their own peril.

The backlash is already starting with columnists (Dennis Dodd) saying Mizzou is holding college football hostage.  Every week this continues, it's going to get worse and worse.

Do you really think Missouri is going to want to be out there in mid-November as the school taking away all of the attention from a really good football season?  The PR hammering they'll take will be horrible.  They don't have the backbone to sit out there that long.  At some point, someone is going to call the bluff with their offer.

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16307 on: October 11, 2011, 10:46:27 AM »
Mike DeArmond
Note to my friend Chuck Neinas: Planned SEC Network est is $170 million.

Fight him, Pan.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16308 on: October 11, 2011, 10:54:18 AM »
Mike DeArmond

Fight him, Pan.

Already replied within a couple minutes of him tweeting it.

PJ_BOTC Panjandrum
@sptwri Are these Clay Travis estimates or actual estimates from real journalists?

Offline kstater

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #16309 on: October 11, 2011, 11:02:25 AM »
Mike DeArmond

Fight him, Pan.

Is he trying to say he thinks the SEC will get an additional 170M per year for tier 3?

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16310 on: October 11, 2011, 11:04:15 AM »
Mike DeArmond

Fight him, Pan.

Is he trying to say he thinks the SEC will get an additional 170M per year for tier 3?

Yes.  This is where he got it from:

But let's return to the SEC local multimedia package -- there are 14 football games dangling out there.

And if Texas is worth $15 million a year for one -- and potentially two -- football games, what are 14 SEC football games in eleven different states worth? You can make an argument that every school, at minimum, would be worth $12 million a year. (If I was the SEC I'd make the argument that it's actually worth much more than this). But $12 million per school would bring in an additional $168 million a year just off the tier three rights.  

http://outkickthecoverage.com/sec-expansion-to-14-goal-its-own-network.php

Clay Travis is saying that 14 SEC games per year are worth more, annually, than the gigantic Tier 2 deal the SEC signed with ESPN a couple of years ago.

Actually, he's saying 14 Tier 3 games on said network would be worth more than 40 or 50 (mostly conference) games on ESPN.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 11:05:51 AM by Panjandrum »

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #16311 on: October 11, 2011, 11:14:37 AM »
Mike DeArmond

Fight him, Pan.

But let's return to the SEC local multimedia package -- there are 14 football games dangling out there.

And if Texas is worth $15 million a year for one -- and potentially two -- football games, what are 14 SEC football games in eleven different states worth? You can make an argument that every school, at minimum, would be worth $12 million a year. (If I was the SEC I'd make the argument that it's actually worth much more than this). But $12 million per school would bring in an additional $168 million a year just off the tier three rights.  

Clay Travis is saying that 14 SEC games per year are worth more, annually, than the gigantic Tier 2 deal the SEC signed with ESPN a couple of years ago.

Actually, he's saying 14 Tier 3 games on said network would be worth more than 40 or 50 (mostly conference) games on ESPN.

I'm assuming Slive and the SEC presidents realize these numbers are ridiculous and that is why they are holding off adding MU? Which makes you wonder wtf Scotchy is doing besides trying to get people to pay attention to him.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #16312 on: October 11, 2011, 11:18:07 AM »
MU boosters here at office pulling hard down the stretch.  Many acknowledge that SEC losing interest by the second in a program without much to offer but made up St. Louis televisions.

Offline Fuktard

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #16313 on: October 11, 2011, 11:21:15 AM »
Mike DeArmond

Fight him, Pan.

So let me get this straight:  Tier 1 + Tier 2 rights are worth around $15-17M per.  Tier 3 rights = $12M per.  makes sense.   :dubious:

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16314 on: October 11, 2011, 11:22:06 AM »
I'm assuming Slive and the SEC presidents realize these numbers are ridiculous and that is why they are holding off adding MU? Which makes you wonder wtf Scotchy is doing besides trying to get people to pay attention to him.

Scotchy is trying to use his platform to increase fan pressure for the move.  So is his son.  It's propaganda.

Missouri doesn't have an offer.  The timeline for the A&M move was vote to give Loftin power to look around, one week later, withdrawal from conference.  One week later, SEC votes to admit.

Mizzou hasn't withdrawn yet.  If they actually had an offer, they would have.  They don't have an offer because they don't have the votes, and their recent behavior and on field performances haven't really bolstered their cause.

I'm moving into the camp that the SEC is a smokescreen.  They know that we're going to pillage the Big East, and I think they're working Notre Dame and Jim Delany hard to get both of them in there.  But that's just a thought.  If the SEC was an option, they would have withdrawn by now.

Offline 114Hickory

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16315 on: October 11, 2011, 11:22:27 AM »
SECNews247 SEC News 24/7
by Mountaineer
If any non #ACC team gets into the #SEC it is looking like it will be #WVU. Heard from 2 sources #Mizzou lost at least 1 vote this weekend.

A pretty smart poster here declared that KSU saved the conference even during the game.

I vaguely remember that.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #16316 on: October 11, 2011, 11:28:16 AM »

Scotchy is trying to use his platform to increase fan pressure for the move.  So is his son.  It's propaganda.

Missouri doesn't have an offer.  The timeline for the A&M move was vote to give Loftin power to look around, one week later, withdrawal from conference.  One week later, SEC votes to admit.

Mizzou hasn't withdrawn yet.  If they actually had an offer, they would have.  They don't have an offer because they don't have the votes, and their recent behavior and on field performances haven't really bolstered their cause.

I'm moving into the camp that the SEC is a smokescreen.  They know that we're going to pillage the Big East, and I think they're working Notre Dame and Jim Delany hard to get both of them in there.  But that's just a thought.  If the SEC was an option, they would have withdrawn by now.

Kietz's shot at Nixon set off a flurry of emails to the Governor, and not in favor of moving mu.  He is truly the BITB. 

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16317 on: October 11, 2011, 11:28:33 AM »
MU boosters here at office pulling hard down the stretch.  Many acknowledge that SEC losing interest by the second in a program without much to offer but made up St. Louis televisions.

They do realize, inevitably, that they're coming back here, right?

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16318 on: October 11, 2011, 11:33:50 AM »

Kietz's shot at Nixon set off a flurry of emails to the Governor, and not in favor of moving mu.  He is truly the BITB. 

I didn't catch the shot at Nixon.  What was it?

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16319 on: October 11, 2011, 11:36:28 AM »
LOL BITB tore Nixon a new one yesterday.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #16320 on: October 11, 2011, 12:04:50 PM »

I didn't catch the shot at Nixon.  What was it?

http://www.greghallkc.com/?p=917

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #16321 on: October 11, 2011, 12:17:37 PM »

They do realize, inevitably, that they're coming back here, right?

The smart ones are now claiming they never wanted to leave.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16322 on: October 11, 2011, 12:29:38 PM »

I'm pretty sure Missouri has been in favor of 12 teams, 2 Divisions since NU and CU left.  So yeah, maybe the addition of 2 more teams could persuade them to stay, add more "stablity," or whatever. 

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16323 on: October 11, 2011, 12:34:15 PM »
I found the podcast.  OMG.  Nixon is wearing a clown suit right now.

Offline ksu101

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16324 on: October 11, 2011, 12:43:25 PM »
@ChuckCarltonDMNChuck Carlton
Neinas says the possibility of TCU inheriting the Texas A&M scheduling slot on Thanksgiving against Texas is "probably not the case.

Hopefully this doesn't mean the entire schedule will have to change again.  I kinda like starting it off easy, it gives us confidence.