Author Topic: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....  (Read 4164201 times)

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Re: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....
« Reply #9825 on: September 06, 2011, 05:07:06 PM »
I'm interested to hear Cap Crap's thoughts now. A few days ago he was confident we'd turn out ok. Now there's lot of reason to not be.

I'm starting to just want it to be over with.

What is the reason not to be?

Put your loving arms around me, Captain!  :love:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9826 on: September 06, 2011, 05:08:03 PM »
I'm interested to hear Cap Crap's thoughts now. A few days ago he was confident we'd turn out ok. Now there's lot of reason to not be.

Will we be in the same conference as MU after this is all over with?

Offline Houstoncat93

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9827 on: September 06, 2011, 05:12:27 PM »

you haven't been on here holding our hands telling us it will all be ok?

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9828 on: September 06, 2011, 05:17:58 PM »

you haven't been on here holding our hands telling us it will all be ok?

WE ASKED HIM TO HOLD OUR HANDS, YOU SON OF A BITCH!

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9829 on: September 06, 2011, 05:19:56 PM »

OU's decision to explore options. Pac 16 rearing it's ugly head again. All speculation pointing to MAYBE the Big East MAYBE with KU and MU.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #9830 on: September 06, 2011, 05:30:38 PM »
I think the only two "good" scenarios involve Texas and OU staying and we add 1-3 more teams, or, KSU, KU, and MO all go to the Big East together. 

I don't really see any other good outcomes. If KU and MO go somewhere without us, we are completely screwed.

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #9831 on: September 06, 2011, 05:35:37 PM »
Rumors the SEC maybe sticking it's ugly head into the OU/OSU lottery, and a possibility that A&M gets pushed back a little bit instead of tomorrow.
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9832 on: September 06, 2011, 05:38:22 PM »
Rumors the SEC maybe sticking it's ugly head into the OU/OSU lottery, and a possibility that A&M gets pushed back a little bit instead of tomorrow.

Oh my.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #9833 on: September 06, 2011, 05:41:42 PM »
If this is all crumbling I just mainly want Texas shitting all over Texas A&M or Nebraska.  Would prefer them shitting over Nebraska, but aTm would be pretty nice too.

Either way, this sucks.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #9834 on: September 06, 2011, 05:44:48 PM »
Anyone who isn't going to commit to the Big 12 just needs to be gone anyway. Stop with all of the suspense and just leave. Please. I'm ready for stability, and now.
Luke's stock is rising as Winters continues to validate his greatness. Add Luke and Winters to my list! Also, EMAWBLAST! and Tobias!

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9835 on: September 06, 2011, 05:47:20 PM »
people think the big east is less stable because it will be picked apart when the big 10, sec, and acc decide they need more teams, none of which are us, with d's in h's, unstable.  could be.  wouldn't happen in pac 10.

I posted this earlier, but the two biggest powers (WVU and Pitt) aren't likely expansion candidates for the other conferences. Basically, you have UL, UC, USF, and TCU that are in no way going anywhere, Penn St. keeping Pitt out of the Big 10, and WVU not adding much in the way of TV's. Rutgers, Uconn and Syracuse could leave, but it there wouldn't be a conference that would take all 3 at the same time, so the conference would survive.

Basically, the conference members aren't desirable enough for significant poaching to take place.

on the supposition that those three conferences need to add four teams each, the big east will take a big hit.  from where else will the twelve teams come?

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9836 on: September 06, 2011, 05:47:43 PM »
Anyone who isn't going to commit to the Big 12 just needs to be gone anyway. Stop with all of the suspense and just leave. Please. I'm ready for stability, and now.

Then we'll be stuck with ISU and Baylor.

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #9837 on: September 06, 2011, 05:51:15 PM »

Good, we are no doubt going to end up in a shittier conference or a shittier Big 12. Don't you just want to end all of the suspense?
Luke's stock is rising as Winters continues to validate his greatness. Add Luke and Winters to my list! Also, EMAWBLAST! and Tobias!

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9838 on: September 06, 2011, 05:56:35 PM »

Good, we are no doubt going to end up in a shittier conference or a shittier Big 12. Don't you just want to end all of the suspense?

I'd like to end the suspense somewhat nicely, though.

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #9839 on: September 06, 2011, 06:06:16 PM »
ksu and texas to go independent?

Offline Deez Nutz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #9840 on: September 06, 2011, 06:14:43 PM »

The decisions made this week will directly affect our future for the foreseeable future, probably decades.  It will affect millions of people in one way or another, and I really want them to get it right.  The Big 12 has tons of advantages for all 10 schools if they would just take a step back and try working together.  The last thing I want is for everyone to just throw their hands up in the air and say "Oh eff it!" just to try and end the suspense a little quicker. 

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9841 on: September 06, 2011, 06:17:34 PM »

The decisions made this week will directly affect our future for the foreseeable future, probably decades.  It will affect millions of people in one way or another, and I really want them to get it right.  The Big 12 has tons of advantages for all 10 schools if they would just take a step back and try working together.  The last thing I want is for everyone to just throw their hands up in the air and say "Oh eff it!" just to try and end the suspense a little quicker. 

#TeamOhFuckIt

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9842 on: September 06, 2011, 06:35:53 PM »
#teamdespair

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #9843 on: September 06, 2011, 06:40:53 PM »
I just want it to be over. Just look at what all of these rumors have done to football recruiting the last 10 years.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #9844 on: September 06, 2011, 06:41:02 PM »
http://www.baylor.edu/nation/index.php?id=84714
I e-mailed all three university presidents and told them to "kiss my ass"... does that help Baylor?  :ck:
I sent all 3 of them a super destructive worm virus.
There is a GOD!!!!!!  :pbj:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Huskerpride

• Corn Hole'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9845 on: September 06, 2011, 06:58:41 PM »
 :lol: :lol: :pbj: :pbj: :woot: :woot: Hate to say this but WE TOLD YOU MFER'S !!!! NU didn't trust UTerus and look what's happening to you now. Looks like the prom King is leaving all the ugly chicks behind. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9846 on: September 06, 2011, 07:00:43 PM »
:lol: :lol: :pbj: :pbj: :woot: :woot: Hate to say this but WE TOLD YOU MFER'S !!!! NU didn't trust UTerus and look what's happening to you now. Looks like the prom King is leaving all the ugly chicks behind. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just try not to commit suicide if Texas somehow makes their way to big 10

Offline Huskerpride

• Corn Hole'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9847 on: September 06, 2011, 07:04:05 PM »

Just try not to commit suicide if Texas somehow makes their way to big 10
Ya your right. We RAN from UT straight into the arms of OSU,MICH,WISC much tougher teams than Tejas. :comeatme:.

catzacker

« Reply #9848 on: September 06, 2011, 07:04:56 PM »

wtf are you talking about?  NU is just as much to blame for UT's power as anyone.  Your dumbass school made it about who had the bigger dick by continuously blocking attempts at revenue sharing and a big 12 network, and you ran the f*ck off when you realized that your dick didn't measure up to UT or OU's.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9849 on: September 06, 2011, 07:05:17 PM »

I don't believe any one school bears more of the blame for the collapse of the Big 12 than Nebraska.