Author Topic: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....  (Read 4067534 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....
« Reply #34150 on: August 19, 2022, 09:39:05 AM »
Running out of hot dogs

Nope

Chings: gE for wrong as always

You know what ... I've racked my brain to see if I've done anything wrong.  Again, the only time I was negative really was when I was ticked off about a couple of the promotional events they had like Hot Dog Gate and Popcorn Gate ... when the athletic department completely screwed it up, and it was 1981 KSU athletics all over again ... no excuse for that from a $40 Million dollar plus enterprise, and not when I send relatives to one of those events because they were having a tough time and needed a night out for themselves and their kids and it was a complete disappointment for them, basically money just flushed right down the Toilet and Weiser basically doesn't give a $hit.

Again, other then that, I can't think of anything.   That's why when I tell my family or close friends about this, they just laugh at the absudity.

It was far deeper than that on MisFitzermation's website.

The Post Wefald Report was full vindication.  But good try anyway Trim The Weirdo Stalker.

Here, 2006-Dax can tell his own story and you can argue with him and chignon.

https://goEMAW.com/archives/index.php?topic=2941.0

We procured the ksufans posts and host them here for everyone. They’re linked up above as The Archives. You can even search them for “weiser.”

"Herr Weiser" :love:

Thanks for the laugh. Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

I got a kick out of dax writing all that 16 years ago, when he was still older than I am now. Whatever happened to ScubaSteve?
Dork post rating: 7/7

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #34151 on: August 19, 2022, 09:44:33 AM »
https://twitter.com/brett_mcmurphy/status/1560633279920762887?s=21

I don’t think Cal would want to be a part of this. I wouldn’t be surprised if he was so open about this to force Cal to say “you know what, nevermind.”
Cal athletics are in a existential crisis. They will do it.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....
« Reply #34152 on: August 19, 2022, 09:45:55 AM »
Running out of hot dogs

Nope

Chings: gE for wrong as always

You know what ... I've racked my brain to see if I've done anything wrong.  Again, the only time I was negative really was when I was ticked off about a couple of the promotional events they had like Hot Dog Gate and Popcorn Gate ... when the athletic department completely screwed it up, and it was 1981 KSU athletics all over again ... no excuse for that from a $40 Million dollar plus enterprise, and not when I send relatives to one of those events because they were having a tough time and needed a night out for themselves and their kids and it was a complete disappointment for them, basically money just flushed right down the Toilet and Weiser basically doesn't give a $hit.

Again, other then that, I can't think of anything.   That's why when I tell my family or close friends about this, they just laugh at the absudity.

It was far deeper than that on MisFitzermation's website.

The Post Wefald Report was full vindication.  But good try anyway Trim The Weirdo Stalker.

Here, 2006-Dax can tell his own story and you can argue with him and chignon.

https://goEMAW.com/archives/index.php?topic=2941.0

We procured the ksufans posts and host them here for everyone. They’re linked up above as The Archives. You can even search them for “weiser.”

"Herr Weiser" :love:

Thanks for the laugh. Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

I got a kick out of dax writing all that 16 years ago, when he was still older than I am now. Whatever happened to ScubaSteve?
The best part was the full vindication in the post Wefald audit, the personal loan disclosure, the payments to the Weiser Way and the secret contract mod that paid this guy a ton of money if Wefald kept intervening.

All of which lead to all contracts being made public and all salaries and payments to athletic department employees being made through the K-State office of finance/controller, the dissolution of Kansas State Intercollegiate Athletics Inc and its non existent BOD and the subsequent formation of K-State Athletics Inc with a real BOD.

The only thing not revealed until all those guys (Wefald-Krause-Weiser) were gone was the cocktail napkin Prince contract. 

#details

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34153 on: August 19, 2022, 10:11:10 AM »
Dax was a Karen before there were Karens.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34154 on: August 19, 2022, 10:26:31 AM »
Except this wasn't reporting someone to the HOA because they had a pink porch light for Breast Cancer Awareness month (true story) or calling the cops because some people of color had the audacity to grill something in a park.

I only know what Twitter tells me (Chum1)

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34155 on: August 19, 2022, 10:29:21 AM »
Dax how does the current admin feel about you
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34156 on: August 19, 2022, 10:30:27 AM »
They  :love: me.  Of course

Plus, my little meltdown about hot dogs was driven from years of watching K-State Athletics half ass everything, and being some of the most insular unaware people you could ever possibly imagine. 

I remember when the the East stadium transformation happened, a good friend had East Club seats, and the club wasn't completed until one or two seasons later.  Mediocre Max walking around glad handing up there in a shell of an East Stadium Club and people asking WTF was going on.  That's another example. 

Say what you want about Currie, but he got customer service, selling tickets and generating revenue and donations.

Tim Weiser sat in front of the premiere sports architects in the world and prattled on and on about getting more storage space and trying to get the meeting over so he could get back to learning how to be a pilot and playing MS Flight in his office. 

Thank goodness none of those people are around in these uncertain times.  It doesn't install much confidence to see Timmy so high up at the Big 12. 

« Last Edit: August 19, 2022, 10:38:12 AM by sonofdaxjones »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34157 on: August 19, 2022, 10:41:06 AM »
https://twitter.com/brett_mcmurphy/status/1560633279920762887?s=21

I don’t think Cal would want to be a part of this. I wouldn’t be surprised if he was so open about this to force Cal to say “you know what, nevermind.”
Cal athletics are in a existential crisis. They will do it.

Yeah, Cal signing with the Big 10 would instantly solve those financial issues. They're definitely doing it.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34158 on: August 19, 2022, 10:48:26 AM »
A couple of interesting things about the Big 10 deal that hasn't been talked about:
1. Their deal is extremely short. They will be negotiating another deal before any of the other conferences.
2. If/when the CFP completely takes over FBS football, they need a commissioner. Kevin Warren's comments are tantamount to tampering and is completely destabilizing to the Pac 12 and ACC and some of the programs inside of these conferences. He's doing what he needs to do to advance his conference, which is fine, but it's definitely to the detriment of the sport at large.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34159 on: August 19, 2022, 11:00:34 AM »
Yes, Kevin Warren has supplanted Greg Sankey (for the time being) as the biggest tampering, manipulating lying douche in college athletics.   Wasn't easy, but he pulled it off.

The problem is, both Sankey and Warren have an echo chamber in their constituency who can't see beyond the fence of their respective conferences.  Sadly that room has the big media players in it as well.

Oh, and Cal's massive financial problems will be alleviated substantially if they go to the Big 10.

It'll be Cal, Stanford, Oregon, Washington, USC, UCLA.   That will appease the California Regents.  Jox 94.5 went through some of the concerns the Cal Regents had prior to the meeting earlier this week, apparently they had a source who saw the meeting material.  Having that block of 6 schools will tamp down one of the major talking points, and that's shipping student athletes at minimum 1700 miles away for every away game/match except USC.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34160 on: August 19, 2022, 11:19:05 AM »
Will Cal’s leadership sign up to putting athletes on salary and making them employees? Kevin Warren is signaling that’s where the BigTen is going. I wouldn’t be surprised if they said no. But my definition of “wouldn’t be surprised” is like a 10%-20% chance of happening. But $450MM of debt probably outweighs that concern.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline Houstoncat93

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34161 on: August 19, 2022, 11:25:00 AM »
A couple of interesting things about the Big 10 deal that hasn't been talked about:
1. Their deal is extremely short. They will be negotiating another deal before any of the other conferences.
2. If/when the CFP completely takes over FBS football, they need a commissioner. Kevin Warren's comments are tantamount to tampering and is completely destabilizing to the Pac 12 and ACC and some of the programs inside of these conferences. He's doing what he needs to do to advance his conference, which is fine, but it's definitely to the detriment of the sport at large.

I think #3 on your list is that it has escalator clauses built in for when they add teams. 

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #34162 on: August 19, 2022, 11:45:45 AM »

I think #3 on your list is that it has escalator clauses built in for when they add teams.
Yeah, I personally doubt any meaningful escalators exist that leave out Notre Dame.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34163 on: August 19, 2022, 12:37:54 PM »
Didn’t Notre Dame get a new deal that still has them above the average big 10 payout?

Offline BMWWcat

• Combo-Fan
  • I still love the Purple Pants...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34164 on: August 19, 2022, 01:28:42 PM »
I just want utah and colorado to have to join our conference so we can make fun of how smug they have been throughout all of this...
Dax fan club member!

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34165 on: August 19, 2022, 01:31:12 PM »
As junior members…

Offline Houstoncat93

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34166 on: August 19, 2022, 03:11:16 PM »
Didn’t Notre Dame get a new deal that still has them above the average big 10 payout?

I don't think that deal is announced yet,

https://www.si.com/college/notredame/football/notre-dame-football-report-to-get-big-tv-deal-remain-independent

Don't think it puts them over Big 10 money but maybe close enough they can stay independent for now.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34167 on: August 19, 2022, 03:18:27 PM »

https://www.si.com/college/notredame/football/notre-dame-football-report-to-get-big-tv-deal-remain-independent

Don't think it puts them over Big 10 money but maybe close enough they can stay independent for now.

Do they get ACC payouts for MBB from the NCAA tournament? Probably isn’t a big enough number to make much of a difference.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34168 on: August 19, 2022, 03:54:54 PM »

Do they get ACC payouts for MBB from the NCAA tournament? Probably isn’t a big enough number to make much of a difference.

They get $13MM/year from the ACC. That’s a equal share of the ACC split of the NCAA tournament plus some value for 2.5 football games/year.  While they get 2.5 games per year in South Bend from ACC teams, I’m guessing they get some sweetheart money as part of that $13MM/year because they’re bring more additional eye balls to the ACC contract games than their average ACC opponent brings to the NBC broadcasts.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2022, 03:58:53 PM by TheHamburglar »

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34169 on: August 19, 2022, 03:58:47 PM »
I just want utah and colorado to have to join our conference so we can make fun of how smug they have been throughout all of this...

Throw in the Zonas and then be done
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34170 on: August 19, 2022, 04:10:25 PM »

Errbody is talking about that, my guy, it's what's going to kill the Pac 12.

Also, Oregon State and Washington State should not be left behind in whatever's happening, it's an injustice that cannot stand.

I mean if they ever do the much rumored programs cut from power conferences, Oregon State would be high on that list, but they aren't high enough where they would be first and their entire athletic department gets relegated to the group of 5.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34171 on: August 19, 2022, 04:24:19 PM »
Yeah, the first programs that I would cut from the P5 are all in the Big 10 already.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34172 on: August 19, 2022, 04:27:48 PM »

Errbody is talking about that, my guy, it's what's going to kill the Pac 12.

Also, Oregon State and Washington State should not be left behind in whatever's happening, it's an injustice that cannot stand.

I mean if they ever do the much rumored programs cut from power conferences, Oregon State would be high on that list, but they aren't high enough where they would be first and their entire athletic department gets relegated to the group of 5.

I think I’ve said this before, but I think we should take Oregon State & Wazzou. I don’t care if the conference is too big for awhile. When the ACC gets raided, we let WVU, UCF & Cincy join with their leftovers.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #34173 on: August 19, 2022, 05:28:01 PM »
Are you nuts?  It's been talked about how they get the non-value FB schools out of conferences by dissolving existing conferences, as we did in 1994 with the SWC.  Starting new conferences, such as the SEC talked about forming a new conference to include the best of the SEC and ACC.  The schools left out would need to form a new conference.  Another way is unequal sharing of annual payouts, which would eventually force schools to drop out; but this is the worst way to accomplish the goal.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34174 on: August 19, 2022, 05:53:34 PM »
Are you nuts?  It's been talked about how they get the non-value FB schools out of conferences by dissolving existing conferences, as we did in 1994 with the SWC.  Starting new conferences, such as the SEC talked about forming a new conference to include the best of the SEC and ACC.  The schools left out would need to form a new conference.  Another way is unequal sharing of annual payouts, which would eventually force schools to drop out; but this is the worst way to accomplish the goal.

Us adding leftovers from the PAC-10 is the schools left out forming a new conference.