Author Topic: Promise Keepers  (Read 10142 times)

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
Re: Promise Keepers
« Reply #125 on: December 27, 2014, 12:31:09 PM »
In 1988 McCartney's daughter, Kristy, told McCartney that she was pregnant by the team's star quarterback, Sal Aunese.[3] When Aunese died of stomach cancer in 1989, the unwed Kristy showed up at the funeral with her five-month-old son. People began to gossip about who had fathered the dark-skinned baby (Aunese was Samoan). Although McCartney knew that Aunese was the father, he allowed several of his non-white players to take unnecessary paternity tests before Aunese was identified as the father.

:buh-bye:

bears are fast...

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 27, 2014, 12:31:25 PM »
Is it Elwood because I envy you a lot of so

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 27, 2014, 12:33:27 PM »
Lon really isn't my dad FYI, that was just a clever ruse

Oh I know. 

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #128 on: December 27, 2014, 12:50:21 PM »
a few GE friends sent me messages today telling me they appreciate my contributions here (Pete specifically, I mean, he is a great guy), and I don't want to play some martyr role like Spracne said, so I felt I shouldn't leave you fellas hanging. I kinda took the thread personally because of the way I was raised (Imagine a thread mocking whatever was important to your dad when you were 9, and that you credit for your father being a good man today) and that was no one's intent. No one meant personal insult. And _Fan is right, PK is too political now when they started as something else. SB is an IRL bud whom I knew and respected in college (I knew then we had different  worldviews and there was always mutual respect). So I'm sorry I took it personally and and posted some "I'm out" post because that is lame. There's a lot going on in my world, and I probs just need a break from GE, but I'll be back. Trim, _Fan, and pretty much all of us have taken breaks announced or quietly, so look at it more like that. I can't imagine how stupid the Royals thread would be without someone to put PIPE and Fanning in their places so I'll be back. too many of you are IRL buds to leave hanging.

Sorry I played the drama queen role today. Thanks for being IRL friends. I'll be around.

Go Cats, beat UCLA.

people have posted crap about my dad on KSUFans and then some here from time to time in the gpc thread. there's one dude on here who like legit hates my dad although I don't remember who.  people have called him a racist, horrible person, etc. I know he isn't so who cares. go cats.

I remember that he got mad at me once and did the whole, "You're not a real fan," thing shortly before I left GPC, but then he apologized in the same thread, so I figure we were square after that.

The Wabash does strange things to nice people.  He seemed like a nice guy and a good dad from what I can tell.  Go cats.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 27, 2014, 01:09:24 PM »
Wabash can be a magnifying glass, for some, that takes something in certain ppl and make it look much bigger. 

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 27, 2014, 02:32:30 PM »
Man, don't want to offend anyone but I dated a girl whose dad was in PK. And yeah, pretty weird/creepy dude. We were in HS and she always had to ask her dad to do things, never her mom because she wasn't allowed to say yes or no. I remember the whole fam went to Denver one summer for a big PK meeting, they had all bought in.

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 27, 2014, 03:12:12 PM »
GFA which one is your dad so we can avoid this predicament in the future.

my dad is GoddardCat fwiw but like I said I don't really care so don't feel like you need to censor yourself
emaw

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 27, 2014, 03:17:54 PM »
never heard of him

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 27, 2014, 03:18:19 PM »
Though you have to be pretty GPC'y to make it onto my radar

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 27, 2014, 03:21:28 PM »
I've heard of Goddard! A buddy /competitor sales rep of mine had our customer park his jeep Cherokee along highway 54 with a sign that said "FOR SALE. CHEAP!" Along with the guys cell phone number. It was pretty lol. He got like 20 calls that day.

That's my Goddard story.

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: December 27, 2014, 03:23:44 PM »
Hwy 54 huh. You now have my attention.

Offline GoodForAnother

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 27, 2014, 03:25:34 PM »
I've heard of Goddard! A buddy /competitor sales rep of mine had our customer park his jeep Cherokee along highway 54 with a sign that said "FOR SALE. CHEAP!" Along with the guys cell phone number. It was pretty lol. He got like 20 calls that day.

That's my Goddard story.

Gonna win 'em all!

my parents ran an ace hardware right off highway 54 and I had a jeep cherokee and put it up for sale right in front of the store  :sdeek:
emaw

Offline GoodForAnother

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 27, 2014, 03:28:02 PM »
good way to tell if someone is from wichita or west of wichita is if they say "54" or "kellogg"
emaw

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Promise Keepers
« Reply #138 on: December 27, 2014, 03:29:28 PM »
Meade as well (not Kellogg)

Offline GoodForAnother

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 27, 2014, 03:31:15 PM »
drove through Meade once or twice when Liberal was in Goddards division
emaw

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 27, 2014, 03:40:24 PM »
good way to tell if someone is from wichita or west of wichita is if they say "54" or "kellogg"

What if they call it 400?
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 27, 2014, 03:43:22 PM »
Guys. What's it like to be so small timey that you're not 6A? Explain it to me because I could never know.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 27, 2014, 03:48:17 PM »

Guys. What's it like to be so small timey that you're not 6A? Explain it to me because I could never know.
Compare my message boarding to yours, mine is the 6A

Offline GoodForAnother

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 27, 2014, 04:31:26 PM »

Goddard was 6a when I was there. they're now back down to two small 5a high schools now after building a second hs facility. fwiw, some of the nicest school buildings in the state.
emaw

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 27, 2014, 04:41:16 PM »
GFA which one is your dad so we can avoid this predicament in the future.

my dad is GoddardCat fwiw but like I said I don't really care so don't feel like you need to censor yourself

Rumor has it that the father of one of his fraternity brothers is also in that photo from Nichols Hall that Pete, Clams and I are in...

:gocho:
bears are fast...

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 28, 2014, 12:51:53 AM »

Compare my message boarding to yours, mine is the 6A

Right now, yeah. But I have heart (five, even). I will work super hard and by my senior year HCSS will see my potential and I will see action in seven games. I will get injured against league foe Cinci.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 28, 2014, 12:56:24 AM »
reno sock

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 28, 2014, 01:52:15 AM »
This thread has just been a rollercoaster.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 28, 2014, 01:54:37 AM »
didn't read this thread until now because i had no idea Promise Keepers was a thing.

don't you dare leave, cf3,

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 28, 2014, 04:45:51 AM »
GFA, I'm absolutely the leader in making fun of your dad, on ksufans and here. Frankly he posted some mumped up crap when I was at GPC, I don't hate the man though. If I thought everyone that said racist and bigoted crap on occasion were practicing racists and bigots, I would have swallowed a revolver long ago growing up in western Kansas. But just know, that just because you've never heard person a drop a n-bomb, doesn't mean they don't have some of "those guys are lazy" in them. Best example is the Powercat46 dude, I sat next to him at the BYU game in OKC, he was a newer poster, didn't get into trouble and he was cool as hell, buying me drinks and everything. The more comfortable he got as a poster over there the more loose he got with his opinions. Now I'm pretty sure he is road dogs with that KKK'y okcatfan todd dude on their political board.