Author Topic: Snyder Retirement Coaching Search Master Thread  (Read 316722 times)

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
Re: Snyder Retirement Coaching Search Master Thread
« Reply #1550 on: January 07, 2015, 10:02:31 AM »

Friday is something to do with the College Football Hall of Fame.

So they stopped by to pay homage to the legend before his induction? Makes sense.

Leavitt going to San Antonio makes sense.  I'm pretty sure he's out of a job, so maybe he called Bill, Bill told him to come to SA, maybe they had a nice conversation, a potential opening for DC came up, etc. 

If Venables is in Manhattan, well, that's weird.  Maybe he had a delayed Christmas celebration with his family or something due to bowl season and just decided to stop by.

Hayes might be retiring and so Snyder called up both and Venables came by as a courtesy and to pay homage or something.
Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: January 07, 2015, 10:11:37 AM »

So, super insider Blackcats has said a few things that I actually believe:

Jim Leavitt was in San Antonio this past weekend

Brent Venables is/was in Manhattan as of yesterday

Tom Hayes wants to retire

Do with that what you will.  That's all I've got.

can you guys see my boner? i'm in CO.
Yes. I'm in NC.

Gonna win 'em all!

Facetime?
bears are fast...

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: January 07, 2015, 11:25:56 AM »
Nothing to see here, just Snyder calling up a few coaches and honoring them with an invitation to come pay homage.  Normal King Robert kinda stuff.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: January 07, 2015, 11:27:36 AM »
Nothing to see here, just Snyder calling up a few coaches and honoring them with an invitation to come pay homage.  Normal King Robert kinda stuff.
jim mora will not be attending

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: January 07, 2015, 11:29:42 AM »

Sean will rise up and behead Venzy publicly.  Sharron will think he is going to pardon him and sentence him to the Wall, but nope! she has created a real little monster in her little Sean. 

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: January 07, 2015, 11:31:07 AM »

Sean will rise up and behead Venzy publicly.  Sharron will think he is going to pardon him and sentence him to the Wall, but nope! she has created a real little monster in her little Sean.

Hey, get outta here with your fantasy novel BS, dork.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: January 07, 2015, 11:37:16 AM »

Venzy couldn't see Coach Snyder unless granted access by Walder Vanier. Let's just say that he is now engaged to one of the Vanier daughters and they are to be wed upon the conclusion of his upcoming campaign as the defensive coordinator of our Kansas State football wildcats.

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: January 07, 2015, 01:04:55 PM »

Hey, get outta here with your fantasy novel BS, dork.
The walls of the white keep (cruise boat) were suddenly awash in red...

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #1558 on: January 07, 2015, 01:13:28 PM »
Something tells me that Venables sins would be washed away quickly if he brought his #1 defense to Manhattan.

And by sins, I mean whatever stupid, unsaid thing people won't talk about that makes people irrational about him.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: January 07, 2015, 01:19:20 PM »
his sin was ditching bill to head to greener pastures with everyone else. bill obviously doesn't GAF because he's hired back most of those guys at some point, at least the ones that suck and had to come back, and then some of those have ditched him again.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1560 on: January 07, 2015, 01:20:20 PM »
also, I hope you don't mean bring in his defense as a DC, because there is literally 0% chance of that happening ever in a world.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: January 07, 2015, 01:22:43 PM »
also, I hope you don't mean bring in his defense as a DC, because there is literally 0% chance of that happening ever in a world.

If he was here for a year or something and then was to become HC, then maybe.  I don't know.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: January 07, 2015, 01:27:23 PM »

If he was here for a year or something and then was to become HC, then maybe.  I don't know.

:dubious:

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: January 07, 2015, 01:27:46 PM »

we can double his salary, tho.. give him the hciw tag or just ac (knowing he'll become hc), and transition snyd's out in a timeline they're comfortable with.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: January 07, 2015, 01:32:33 PM »

we can double his salary, tho.. give him the hciw tag or just ac (knowing he'll become hc), and transition snyd's out in a timeline they're comfortable with.

Are we so rough ridin' stupid we don't think BV is ready for a HC job? Jesus Christ, people.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: January 07, 2015, 01:33:41 PM »
Didn't he katdaddy around with Vanier's daughter?

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: January 07, 2015, 01:36:59 PM »

Are we so rough ridin' stupid we don't think BV is ready for a HC job? Jesus Christ, people.

He is absolutely ready.  It just eases the transition and gives Snyder a victory lap.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: January 07, 2015, 01:38:05 PM »

He is absolutely ready.  It just eases the transition and gives Snyder a victory lap.

Who does this benefit? Other than Snyder who would get sucked off for a year?

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: January 07, 2015, 01:39:56 PM »
I seriously doubt Snyder wants a victory lap.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: January 07, 2015, 01:40:46 PM »

Eh.  Venables can spend a year deciding what coaches he wants to keep and remove.  He can get a feel for the roster and have a whole year to recruit talent he wants to be successful, he can rebuild recruiting contacts in the region, etc.

None of this is critical at all.  Just may be a nice to have.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: January 07, 2015, 01:41:20 PM »

Yeah, if Snyder is ready to get sucked off for a year, he has Jim Colbert for that without having to come in to work.  If Bill is working, Bill is working, I would bet.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: January 07, 2015, 01:41:56 PM »
i mean, venzy is hot sex, but it took him 3 years to get his d up to #1 (college stats wise, i know his d is always #1) @ clemson. i think a few years of focusing on that side of the ball to get it up to his standards, with a few years to transition into taking over the whole program, is the best way to do it for everyone involved.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: January 07, 2015, 01:42:19 PM »

No, but he wants to make sure his program is solid this time.  Knowing who the guy will be after he leaves may make it easier for him to retire.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: January 07, 2015, 01:44:17 PM »

No, but he wants to make sure his program is solid this time.  Knowing who the guy will be after he leaves may make it easier for him to retire.

Maybe a better way to say it would have been a soft landing.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: January 07, 2015, 01:47:14 PM »
The only/best thing I could see would be a recruiting issue.  Keeping the ones Bill signed.  But even then, that is assuming that Venzy wants the same type of kids and that those kids are stupid enough to not understand what is going on.

I honestly think any transition that keeps Bill would be more damaging than good in that it keeps a control freak over the shoulder of a guy who will be making changes to Bill's systems and it will be confusing to staff and players.   Just seems 1. unlikely and 2. like there is way more negative than positive in such a hypothetical.