Author Topic: JUCO Football  (Read 31366 times)

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: JUCO Football
« Reply #50 on: September 10, 2017, 11:22:37 AM »
https://www.rezolutionprepacademy.net

Hutch beat this outfit 91-0 yesterday.

Tom

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

FWIW, Kody Cook is TE coach there now:
http://www.bluedragonsports.com/sports/fball/coaches/Kody_Cook?view=bio

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 10, 2017, 06:26:22 PM »
Long time ago Tom, I watched 9/11 happen while I was there
Who were the QBs back then?

Highland CC graduate here, Class of 2001.

1999 - Brian Caler
2000 - Jeff Abbott.
My boy was there in 2003 & 2004.  Played QB then moved to Safety.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 12, 2018, 05:29:15 PM »
Is there a thread about Last Chaance U or does it go here?  Finally started watching season 3 about Indy in KJCCC.

????

Indy picked to win the Jaybawk again this year and another year of filming.

Tom

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 12, 2018, 08:06:02 PM »
Is there a thread about Last Chaance U or does it go here?  Finally started watching season 3 about Indy in KJCCC.

????

Tom

I enjoyed it. ICC's facilities are laughable (even compared to other JUCO's). But also, I was confused watching it. I seemed to remember there was a KJCCC playoff at the end of the season when I was in school. Did they dump it and just give a regular season champ now or am I misremembering the playoff?

Go Red Ravens.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 12, 2018, 08:20:12 PM »

????

Tom

I enjoyed it. ICC's facilities are laughable (even compared to other JUCO's). But also, I was confused watching it. I seemed to remember there was a KJCCC playoff at the end of the season when I was in school. Did they dump it and just give a regular season champ now or am I misremembering the playoff?

Go Red Ravens.

I didn't think of that when watching, but you're right. They called it the Region 6 Championship or something. I know they played it in 2011.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 12, 2018, 08:24:47 PM »

????

Tom

Go Red Ravens.
Your memory is still good.  Regular season used to be 9 games.

Last year for the "Region VI" playoff was 2013 my son's freshman year at Highland.  That was top 4 from regular season In semifinal then winners in final.

In 2014 they signed an agreement to play the three Iowa jucos thus filling out an 11-game schedule for everybody in the conference (7 league,  3 Iowa, 1 other).  That eliminated the playoffs.

Tom

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 13, 2018, 09:00:09 AM »

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 25, 2018, 09:32:25 PM »
Highland opens today with 29-28 win over Ft Scott.  130 players on both rosters, but only 3 from Kansas.

Highland spent $600k on field turf and new scoreboard.

Tom

Offline tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 25, 2018, 10:45:40 PM »
Hey Tom - did they show any replays on the new video board?  Particularly the late fumble recovery touchdown?  I was streaming at home and would have liked to see some different angles.  Seemed like the right call from what I did see.

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 26, 2018, 08:05:13 AM »
They did not show replays.  The side judge called it a touchdown immediately then I think there was a debate about dual possession after they unraveled the pile.

I am.so conditioned to not having replay at KJCCC games I kept forgetting to look.
 No field level cameras or other angles.  All shot from the press box.

Tom

« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 08:09:12 AM by KST8FAN »

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 26, 2018, 08:18:45 AM »
This was my highlight of the day.  Highlands RT sporting the gold high tops.

Tom

Offline tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 26, 2018, 10:23:30 AM »
 :Take the Bait:
They did not show replays.  The side judge called it a touchdown immediately then I think there was a debate about dual possession after they unraveled the pile.

I am.so conditioned to not having replay at KJCCC games I kept forgetting to look.
 No field level cameras or other angles.  All shot from the press box.

Tom

They did use a couple other cameras early in the stream (from the southeast sideline and east EZ I think) but quality wasn’t good.

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 03, 2018, 10:52:22 AM »
This year's KJCCC rosters by school and player state.   I summarized by P5 conference except for Kansas, Big12, and border states.
Top 10 by state
KS 104
FL 103
GA 88
AL 41
LA 36
TX 34
SC 31
TN 25
MO 25
NC 18

So with in state requirement gone KS players dropped from approximately 300 to 100.

Tom

KJCCC rosters posted for 2018.  Kansas player numbers erode further since in state roster requirement was lifted.  104 Kansas players in 2017 down to 78 in 2018.

I need to familiarize myself with active roster rules or if that is even a rule anymore.  Week 1 Highland v Ft Scott there was only 3 Kansas kids on the program rosters.

I hope MIAA, HOAA, KCAC are filling the void by picking up some of the 200 kids no longer recruited to KJCCC rosters.

Tom

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 21, 2018, 08:44:59 PM »

????

Tom

Indy has lost 6 straight games.. currently 1-6, 1-5 in conference.

I'm trying to decide if I think the next season of LCU will be hilariously entertaining, sad, cringeworthy, or a mix of them all.

Have to assume they'll be somewhere else next year.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 22, 2018, 12:02:44 AM »
I read something that one of the guys working on the show who said that two years is a good timeframe for the show. I'd expect to see them shooting in Arizona or California next season.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 22, 2018, 09:12:34 AM »
I read something that one of the guys working on the show who said that two years is a good timeframe for the show. I'd expect to see them shooting in Arizona or California next season.

Yeah, AZ JUCO football is a crap show these days, still some good programs in that league, though. So that could be entertaining either way.

Could see a Southwest conference school as well.

Would really like to see who all turned it down the last time, cause it sounds like it was a decent list before they settled on Indy.

Offline tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 22, 2018, 11:57:32 AM »
Hearing rumors that KS jucos are thinking about capping out of state players again.  Probably wouldn’t be down to previous number but some middle ground.

Offline WildcatPower

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 23, 2018, 12:47:12 AM »
My son played at Highland 13-14.  At that time they had 85 scholarships (tuition/books only).  The in season roster was 63 players.  The roster was 43 in State and 20 out state. 

The game then was you recruited OL/DL in state and skill guys were out state HS or D1 bounce backs.

Initially they attempted to up out state limits but met resistance from kansas hs coaches.  I am not sure what's transpired since then.

Tom

I believe 20 out of state is still the norm?  I couldn't remember what the rule was in 2000-2001, but I would anticipate that the max out of state scholarships was 20 at the time, but I could be wrong.

Offline WildcatPower

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 23, 2018, 12:50:14 AM »
Long time ago Tom, I watched 9/11 happen while I was there
Who were the QBs back then?

Highland CC graduate here, Class of 2001.

1999 - Brian Caler
2000 - Jeff Abbott.
My boy was there in 2003 & 2004.  Played QB then moved to Safety.

Yeah, that was after I left.  I think Marty Allen and/or Greg Delziet was still coaching there.  I think Allen retired after the 2004 season.

Offline WildcatPower

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 23, 2018, 01:01:11 AM »
I wonder if another reasons to think about the decline of KS kids in the Junior College routes is that they don't specialize on football on a consistent basis, like how Texas/Florida HSAA rules are.

Another to consider is the location of the school.  El Dorado is not too far off from Wichita, and it's a decent sized town/city, compared to Highland. :shrug:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 23, 2018, 02:36:05 AM »
My son played at Highland 13-14.  At that time they had 85 scholarships (tuition/books only).  The in season roster was 63 players.  The roster was 43 in State and 20 out state. 

The game then was you recruited OL/DL in state and skill guys were out state HS or D1 bounce backs.

Initially they attempted to up out state limits but met resistance from kansas hs coaches.  I am not sure what's transpired since then.

Tom

I believe 20 out of state is still the norm?  I couldn't remember what the rule was in 2000-2001, but I would anticipate that the max out of state scholarships was 20 at the time, but I could be wrong.

Yeah, the out of state scholarship max was 20 from the 1950's until 2017.

I wonder if another reasons to think about the decline of KS kids in the Junior College routes is that they don't specialize on football on a consistent basis, like how Texas/Florida HSAA rules are.

Another to consider is the location of the school.  El Dorado is not too far off from Wichita, and it's a decent sized town/city, compared to Highland. :shrug:

No, it's because Kansas has a small population base. I doesn't make a bit of sense to require the conference to carry that many Kansans. There are 8 Jayhawk Conference schools, at 65 in state kids each, that's a minimum of 520 Kansas kids playing community college football each year. That doesn't count the kids in the state playing D1 and D2. That's a lot of 8 man lineman playing community college football, it's a wonder how Butler, Garden, and Hutch were ever good. When we made our run in the 90's on the back of the Jayhawk Conference; Kansas, a handful of Texas schools, and one school in Utah, and one in Idaho were the only places taking community college football seriously so the Jayhawk Conference, while only having 160 out of state players, had the best placements in the county, essentially all of them. This isn't the case anymore, when the southern schools, western schools, and Iowa got serious about community college football, Kansas had to change. It was a move to stay relevant, the civil rights angle some of them took was offensive. It wouldn't have been if they actually cared about that, but they definitely didn't care about the rights of African American students in other states.

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 21, 2019, 09:42:04 PM »

Offline slackcat

• Katpak'r
  • worst ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 22, 2019, 06:28:32 AM »
I suspect a coaching vacancy.