Author Topic: JUCO Football  (Read 31365 times)

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
JUCO Football
« on: October 22, 2014, 02:19:15 PM »
This is a great read and it seems like maybe the league in Mississippi is trying to give the KJCCC a run for it's money.

http://www.gq.com/sports/201411/last-chance-university

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
bears are fast...

Offline CATILLAC

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: JUCO Football
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 02:42:28 PM »
Nice find I enjoyed the read, Now we need to book Coleman a flight to Scooba MS.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 11:06:34 PM »
Nice find I enjoyed the read, Now we need to book Coleman a flight to Scooba MS.

Glad ya enjoyed it... I found it pretty entertaining as well. 
bears are fast...

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2017, 06:35:10 PM »
Highland vs Dodge City playing live on YouTube right now.  One camera in the press box but announcer is entertaining during TOs

Tom

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Offline tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2017, 10:00:15 AM »
Scotties upset #15 Dodge 25-21

Highland's starting OL:
6'4" 290
6'3" 345
6'4" 330
6'5" 325
6'6" 340

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2017, 10:51:00 AM »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2017, 05:01:44 PM »
I went to this dude's Twitter and I'm still not completely sure what I'm looking at here. Is this number of Kansas natives that are sophomores?

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2017, 05:37:02 PM »
I would assume its players that went d1 but I could be wrong

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2017, 05:42:02 PM »

D1-ish?

Offline Catchacold

• Combo-Fan
  • Z28gY2F0cy4=
    • View Profile
    • wildcatgrowl.com
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2017, 05:59:49 PM »
number of Kansas natives that are sophomores?

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2017, 06:26:12 PM »
OL and LB are a heavily mined resource in this great state it would appear
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2017, 07:04:52 PM »

D1-ish?
you could say that

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2017, 09:42:37 PM »

First total or second one?

Offline Catchacold

• Combo-Fan
  • Z28gY2F0cy4=
    • View Profile
    • wildcatgrowl.com
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2017, 09:29:37 AM »

First total is this year's rosters, second is last year's. I think he is showing the number of "kansas kids" has dropped this year. No idea why.

Offline GONNATEAMKILLU

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2017, 09:36:03 AM »
I played at Highland! Yeah buddy

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2017, 10:04:56 AM »

First total is this year's rosters, second is last year's. I think he is showing the number of "kansas kids" has dropped this year. No idea why.

The 8 football playing schools threatened to leave the conference if the conference didn't change the out-of-state limits.  I can't remember if they completely did away with the limits or when the rule change went into effect, but I think he's trying to show the affect of the rule change.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline Lynchmobrules

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2017, 10:42:52 AM »
Roster limitations went away completely. Scholarship limits go away next year in the Jayhawk.
"Wednesday if they don't come in and compete, I am going to destroy them." - Frank Martin

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2017, 11:18:43 AM »
Thanks for the clarification guys. Four Kansas kids at GCCC makes me sad. The Jayhawk Conference have won three of the last 10 national championships, I don't think another conference has more in that time frame. So I'm perplexed as to why the schools pressured this change.

This rule is bad for Kansas high school kids and the D1 and D2 schools in the state. It's gonna be great for the NAIA schools in the state though.

Offline Lynchmobrules

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2017, 01:25:04 PM »
Thanks for the clarification guys. Four Kansas kids at GCCC makes me sad. The Jayhawk Conference have won three of the last 10 national championships, I don't think another conference has more in that time frame. So I'm perplexed as to why the schools pressured this change.

This rule is bad for Kansas high school kids and the D1 and D2 schools in the state. It's gonna be great for the NAIA schools in the state though.

The football coach at Garden thought he was at a competitive disadvantage with other schools.

http://www.kansas.com/sports/college/state-college-sports/article91997917.html

There are a whole bunch of other articles out there on the internet that can expound on the issue from his point of view.
"Wednesday if they don't come in and compete, I am going to destroy them." - Frank Martin

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2017, 01:30:51 PM »
they took er jobs!
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2017, 01:35:25 PM »
My son played at Highland 13-14.  At that time they had 85 scholarships (tuition/books only).  The in season roster was 63 players.  The roster was 43 in State and 20 out state. 

The game then was you recruited OL/DL in state and skill guys were out state HS or D1 bounce backs.

Initially they attempted to up out state limits but met resistance from kansas hs coaches.  I am not sure what's transpired since then.

Tom

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 01:56:08 PM by KST8FAN »

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2017, 02:36:04 PM »

Yeah, I wasn't clear in my original post.

This is from last year when this originally passed: http://www.kansas.com/sports/article109538887.html

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2017, 02:44:41 PM »

The football coach at Garden thought he was at a competitive disadvantage with other schools.

http://www.kansas.com/sports/college/state-college-sports/article91997917.html

There are a whole bunch of other articles out there on the internet that can expound on the issue from his point of view.

Jeff Sims makes some fair points but he's a liar
“At some point, it became that on one side of it, if you were for the increase then you didn’t care about Kansas kids,” said Sims, who is in his second season. “That couldn’t be further from the truth. We will always keep promoting Kansas kids and will always be all about Kansas kids.
LOL, the first season without a restriction and he goes down to 4 Kansas kids.

And he's a race baiting opportunist. Wypipo constantly accuse black people fighting for civil rights as race baiting, but I've never seen anyone race bait to this extent, what a clown.
“The rules date back to the 1960s and 1950s and the problems they were having back then,” Sims said. “People can go back and do the research and find out why they were put in place, in the first place, and draw their own conclusions. But they’re only for football, men’s basketball and women’s basketball. I’ll leave it at that.

“I don’t think anybody is racist now, and that’s not their intent with this rule whatsoever. But I also don’t think they can stand up and say that trying to remove a rule that was put into place in 1965 is wrong.”
Later in August, 49 football players and Garden City coach Jeff Sims filed complaints with the NAACP, saying out-of-state restrictions were based on past discrimination against minorities.
Everyone should be offended by the implication and by this dude exploiting those kids for his personal gain.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2017, 03:51:50 PM »
Yeah, it's a bunch of crap.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2017, 04:14:12 PM »

The Washburn/Emporia St/Pitt St/Fort Hays round robin is fun as hell, with all of them playing each other & trying to knock off Northwest Missouri St.  I'm not sure about the caliber of KS kids this will affect, but I'd think it will only help those schools as well.

Tom, if your kid didn't have the opportunity to go to Highland then FCS, would he have gone D2 out of HS?
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls