Author Topic: auburn game  (Read 20223 times)

Offline WarDamnPlainsmen

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: auburn game
« Reply #75 on: September 19, 2014, 04:27:45 PM »
Why are you so angry?   I mean, I bet Bama didn't expect to be crushed by the Utah Utes in the Sugar Bowl a few years back did they?   It happens, any knowledgeable fan of college football knows that week-to-week in season and the bowls are sometimes two different things entirely.

But the simple fact remains, when we've played Baylor and OU the last two years who have similar athletes to Auburn on offense, they don't drop passes, they're like a machine.

We leave those kinds of points on the field last night and both teams would have crushed K-State by 4 TD's easy.

you act like oklahoma and baylor are immune to having off games. did you catch any of the oklahoma/texas game last year? or the baylor/oklahoma state game?

and incidentally, both texas and oklahoma state who blew out the top 2 teams in the big 12 last season were soundly beaten by SEC teams.

Soundly beaten?   I watched the Cotton Bowl and that game went deep into the fourth quarter.   Plus, don't get me started on how the bottom feeders in the SEC never rise up and beat any of the good teams in the SEC anymore.  It's an absolute feast for the top SEC teams against the bottom of the conference.

No, but bottom tier SEC team (Arkansas) sure do seem to stomp the hell out of middle of the road big12 teams (texas tech)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 19, 2014, 05:46:14 PM »
Texas Tech is currently on a screaming train to maybe winning 1 possibly 2 Big 12 games at best, and as I said in another thread.   Arkansas doesn't get a shot at the shitty SEC teams this year.    That's why it's a stupid comparison.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 19, 2014, 05:56:42 PM »
tech just fired their d-coordinator for being high on drugs while in the football complex. great win for that sec west team though.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 19, 2014, 06:02:14 PM »
tech just fired their d-coordinator for being high on drugs while in the football complex. great win for that sec west team though.

Usually K-State alums can handle their drugs better.   Pretty disappointed in Matt.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 19, 2014, 06:09:22 PM »
Needs to be mentored by 8mp
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sak

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 19, 2014, 11:17:35 PM »
Umm . . . ND had some decent wins, but they also played at least 5 games against horrible teams.   You can't brag on an SEC team beating OU, when ND beat them as well.

Edit:  ND had two fairly high quality wins OU (who lost 3 games) and Stanford (who lost 2).  Otherwise it was all games against teams who hovered around .500 or were flat out awful, five games were against awful teams.

they were also the only team with a "power 5" type schedule that was undefeated. and like it or not, they played a top 25 schedule.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #81 on: September 20, 2014, 11:25:56 AM »
Man I never pegged The_Wippuh to be just another SEC SEC SEC meathead kind of guy. It's never enough for others to admit that the SEC is good.  They demand you genuflect and say that the SEC should essentially be a separate division in CFB.   

Offline opticalcarrier

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 20, 2014, 12:45:25 PM »
You guys are just as responsible for this thread derail as the au fans.  Sak has 100% valid posts.  You would rather your team be shitty than admit au is top 10 material. I didnt expect this from you either.

Offline The_Wippuh

• Plainsman
  • Combo-Fan
  • SEC! SEC! SEC! (except Tennessee, eff them!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 20, 2014, 12:59:23 PM »
Man I never pegged The_Wippuh to be just another SEC SEC SEC meathead kind of guy. It's never enough for others to admit that the SEC is good.  They demand you genuflect and say that the SEC should essentially be a separate division in CFB.

Nah, I'm not like that.  I enjoy the self deprecation on both sides around here and all of the trolling.  What I don't really care for is all of the BS around how the SEC is just gawd awful/overrated and that the Big XII is probably a superior league.  That stuff is real out of character for the rest of the banter and I think that some of the guys around here are really hung up on it.   

So, when those attacks come, I'll break character and defend my team/league.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 20, 2014, 01:01:20 PM »
No one says the sec is terrible. The Big 10 is terrible. The sec is vastly overrated tho, and there is no way you guys don't see it
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 20, 2014, 01:07:51 PM »

Nah, I'm not like that.  I enjoy the self deprecation on both sides around here and all of the trolling.  What I don't really care for is all of the BS around how the SEC is just gawd awful/overrated and that the Big XII is probably a superior league.  That stuff is real out of character for the rest of the banter and I think that some of the guys around here are really hung up on it.   

Rooting for your rivals is weird and irrational. I don't know what could compel a sports fan to do such a thing.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 20, 2014, 01:14:49 PM »
If you don't want to hear the SEC hype, stop watching ESPN. I rarely hear any SEC hype.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 20, 2014, 02:46:51 PM »

My goodness, you're like some sort of dorky superhero. 

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #88 on: September 20, 2014, 03:04:01 PM »
Right, for these SEC SEC types like wippuh, saying anything less than that other teams don't belong on the same field as SEC teams is a grave insult somehow.

Offline The_Wippuh

• Plainsman
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 22, 2014, 10:12:47 AM »
Come on, twist it how you want to, but I don't believe that at all.

I think the SEC is down this year and doesn't have a dominant team.  Like Cole said, everything goes in cycles.  The SEC is pretty damn good and the Big 10 sucks.  Pac 10 is on the rise imho, etc...  I honestly don't know where the Big XII falls into everything right now. 

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: September 22, 2014, 10:13:57 AM »
sounds like the SEC is having an up year if nobody can separate

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 22, 2014, 10:24:05 AM »
The Red Raiders surrendered 438 rushing yards in a 49-28 loss to Arkansas last weekend.

:surprised:

Matt was high.

Offline The_Wippuh

• Plainsman
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 22, 2014, 10:50:44 AM »
sounds like the SEC is having an up year if nobody can separate

I understand that line of thinking, but I look at the team's now and I don't see one that I simply fear like we had in the past several seasons with Bama or LSU.  Maybe it's Texas A&M right now, not sure.  Alabama sure looked good once they stopped turning the ball over.

I personally think that Auburn may be ok, but they've got to get going soon as their tough schedule is going to kick off in 2 weeks (LSU > MSU > S. Carolina > Ole Miss > Texas A&M > Georgia).  It will be almost impossible to go through that stretch undefeated.

Whichever team comes out of the West is going to be a beast in the playoff imo.  They'll be harder than any other team out there.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 22, 2014, 11:21:27 AM »
The delusion of the SEC-SEC-SEC chanters is simply off the charts in this thread... I try not to blame them wholly, but it is the perfect storm of a bunch of mouth-breathers that are force fed propaganda by ESPN.  Trust me on this, if ESPN had gotten into bed with the Big XII or Pac-12, the talking points would be significantly different.

I'll just leave this here: http://totalfratmove.com/why-the-sec-is-bullshit/

Despite the medium it was posted on, if you can get past the fact that a college kid wrote it, he actually nailed it precisely.

:buh-bye:
bears are fast...

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 22, 2014, 11:23:09 AM »
Its a way up year for the top part of the SEC.  The bottom are still hot garbage with Missouri joining the total suck ranks.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 22, 2014, 11:43:18 AM »
Its a way up year for the top part of the SEC.  The bottom are still hot garbage with Missouri joining the total suck ranks.

Are you including the Mississippi State Stomping Bulldogs in the top part?
bears are fast...

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 22, 2014, 12:09:15 PM »
i just don't get it.
all of the indices i rely on tell me that the SEC is trending upwards.  yet many in this thread say just the opposite!!
what is going on here and why are there conflicting SEC theories?  does anyone really know the truth?
if so, please send me a private message and i will discuss further. 

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline EMAWforever

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 22, 2014, 12:29:19 PM »
I have no problem with hyping Alabama, Auburn, & A&M right now, but the real issue is the middle of the road teams in the SEC get hyped just as much.  LSU is obviously down.  Miss State is better but still not good.  South Carolina are you kidding me.  They got hammered by A&M and had trouble this weekend with one of the worst programs out there.  Missouri is showing their true colors.  SO, to my account, the SEC has 2-3 real good teams and the rest are at best average.  Guess what the other conferences excluding the Big Ten have 2-3 real good teams and average teams behind them. 

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 22, 2014, 12:49:07 PM »
You guys are just as responsible for this thread derail as the au fans.  Sak has 100% valid posts.  You would rather your team be shitty than admit au is top 10 material. I didnt expect this from you either.

This is patently false.  I don't get how you can be so delusional... AU will lose 3-5 games from here on out.

bears are fast...

Offline opticalcarrier

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 22, 2014, 04:54:10 PM »
The delusion of the SEC-SEC-SEC chanters is simply off the charts in this thread... I try not to blame them wholly, but it is the perfect storm of a bunch of mouth-breathers that are force fed propaganda by ESPN.  Trust me on this, if ESPN had gotten into bed with the Big XII or Pac-12, the talking points would be significantly different.

I'll just leave this here: http://totalfratmove.com/why-the-sec-is-bullshit/

Despite the medium it was posted on, if you can get past the fact that a college kid wrote it, he actually nailed it precisely.

:buh-bye:

so according to that article, from AU's reference, KSU = powderpuff??  The article goes on and on about MIZZ and AaM, but AU has handled them both.

Also, this:
First of all, it’s not everyone else’s damn fault that THE Ohio State crap the bed–twice–because they’re rough ridin' overrated and play nobody and yet still get the benefit of the polls. Then you have the year Oklahoma got thumped by Florida, which happened to be the year of the controversial three-way tie between OU, Texas, and Texas Tech–the latter two teams were certainly more prepared to face the Tebow-led Gators
is complete horseshit.

Id say the article is onto something though, about AaM/Mizz offense having some success in the SEC.

You havent spent much time on the AU message boards I take it, the consensus is that Gary and Verne from CBS, along with all the ESPN crew, are dipshits.

The fact is that since 2003, 10 of the BCSCG competitors (4 unique SEC teams) have 8 wins.

I have written a computer program, I usually give a season about 6 weeks before I run it.  Its basically a quality win calculator where each div1 win nets a team 1 point.  and that winner gets 1/2 point for all it's beaten opponents' wins.  and then recurses to next level for 1/4 point, and so on down to like 64 levels is where I just cut it off.   I developed it when AU was left out of the BCSCG in 2004, and my calc results agreed with the BCS.  Ill run it again soon.  There's no bias, polls, or any BS,  just straight math.  Every year proves the SEC is very rough ridin' strong.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 04:57:12 PM by opticalcarrier »