Author Topic: auburn game  (Read 20794 times)

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
Re: auburn game
« Reply #100 on: September 22, 2014, 05:11:41 PM »
Champions are born not calculated you slobbering mongoloid. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 22, 2014, 06:21:25 PM »
These morons can't separate the top 2-3 teams from the rest of the conf. They literally do not understand why everyone says the sec as a whole is overrated.

Talking about the victories of teams everyone here agrees are good is irrelevant, but you're too dumb to understand why
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline opticalcarrier

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 22, 2014, 10:05:16 PM »
Get with the times bro, they got this new thing this year called the playoff, where they will use stats and math n crap

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 22, 2014, 10:08:18 PM »
Get with the times bro, they got this new thing this year called the playoff, where they will use stats and math n crap

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You can't be serious. It's a rough ridin' popularity contest with ESPN running the gottdam campaigns. 
bears are fast...

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 22, 2014, 11:02:11 PM »

You can't be serious. It's a rough ridin' popularity contest with ESPN running the gottdam campaigns.
Yep.  :thumbs:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline opticalcarrier

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: September 23, 2014, 08:26:59 AM »

send your sarcasm meter back for recal, bro.

like i said before, not many from AU particularly cares for the CBS or ESPN crew.  see the phrase "math n crap" in retort to the insane "champions are born thing".  if that is true, then by what abhorration of nature are you all here?

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 23, 2014, 08:32:22 AM »
forgive me, oc... you were standing too close to that mouth-breathing sak and I erroneously lumped you into the same group.

:buh-bye:
bears are fast...

Offline opticalcarrier

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 23, 2014, 09:07:44 AM »
well to be fair he has made a few points that you guys refuse to counter.  I quoted one of them somewhere but cant find it.  well may not have been him but I still cant find whatever it was with the search

still hoping for a cotton bowl rematch.

Offline Poster formerly known as jthutch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 23, 2014, 12:43:49 PM »
Good grief nobody is saying Auburn, Alabama, or even ATM are garbage.  Mostly we are saying they are perennially overrated.  And that if the parody in the SEC were anything like the Big 12 where we play everyone, more of the top teams would have 1-2 loss seasons rather than going undefeated.  I respect the top 3 maybe 4 teams in the SEC but the huge disparity between them and the rest of college football that the media wants to push is a bunch of crap.  You can talk all you want about what you think "proves" superiority but we are not buying.  It's still subjective and too small a sample size to compare bowl games over a decade of time where dynamics change and powers shift.  This whole argument is getting old and nobody is going to convince use one way or you another.

I guess I'm saying the top 2-3 Big 12 teams could walk into SEC and compete, just as the top 2-3 SEC teams could go into the Big 12 and compete.  But I don't believe it would be the domination that everyone wants you to believe.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 23, 2014, 01:41:45 PM »
^ parody post ^

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 23, 2014, 01:48:34 PM »
I have written a computer program, I usually give a season about 6 weeks before I run it.  Its basically a quality win calculator where each div1 win nets a team 1 point.  and that winner gets 1/2 point for all it's beaten opponents' wins.  and then recurses to next level for 1/4 point, and so on down to like 64 levels is where I just cut it off.   I developed it when AU was left out of the BCSCG in 2004, and my calc results agreed with the BCS.  Ill run it again soon.  There's no bias, polls, or any BS,  just straight math.  Every year proves the SEC is very rough ridin' strong.

Change it so Power 5 schools get more weight, then non-P5 FBS schools, then FCS schools.  :)

Offline opticalcarrier

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 23, 2014, 02:02:46 PM »
I have written a computer program, I usually give a season about 6 weeks before I run it.  Its basically a quality win calculator where each div1 win nets a team 1 point.  and that winner gets 1/2 point for all it's beaten opponents' wins.  and then recurses to next level for 1/4 point, and so on down to like 64 levels is where I just cut it off.   I developed it when AU was left out of the BCSCG in 2004, and my calc results agreed with the BCS.  Ill run it again soon.  There's no bias, polls, or any BS,  just straight math.  Every year proves the SEC is very rough ridin' strong.

Change it so Power 5 schools get more weight, then non-P5 FBS schools, then FCS schools.  :)

well with the design, what you say isnt needed.  if you beat a power 5 conf school, then you end up getting additional points for that power5 school's wins.  (unless you suggest it needs even more weight)  I just dont give any points for an FCS school, to punish a school for scheduling too much of a cupcake.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 23, 2014, 02:08:09 PM »
I think Sagarin has a pretty nice computer model. It's not perfect, but as long as everyone knows how to game it equally, I really have no problem just using his computer to rank the teams and fill out a playoff bracket. If the playoffs were expanded, just going with conference champions with no at large teams would be pretty nice, too. It wouldn't give us all of the best teams, but it would be a lot of fun.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 23, 2014, 04:17:01 PM »
P5 champs and 3 wildcards sounds the most fun

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 23, 2014, 05:22:04 PM »
P5 champs and 3 wildcards sounds the most fun

yes.  AT LEAST 8, but 16 would be most fun IYAM... Probably a long way off.
bears are fast...

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 23, 2014, 05:24:50 PM »
We will not get to 16 in our lifetimes.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 23, 2014, 05:28:15 PM »
16 is too many, imo but whatever

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 23, 2014, 05:32:23 PM »

If it makes financial sense to the right investors, we will.

:kstategrad:
bears are fast...

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 23, 2014, 06:27:40 PM »

If it makes financial sense to the right investors, we will.

:kstategrad:

I'd be up for 32 if we eliminated all the other bowls. And playing a team before doesn't change where you are slotted.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 23, 2014, 06:48:34 PM »

I'd be up for 32 if we eliminated all the other bowls. And playing a team before doesn't change where you are slotted.

I'm of the belief that 16 and some sort of bowl structure for #'s 17-60ish would be ideal, but obviously it's not my choice. 

The biggest challenge that I see with 32 is that the teams who wouldn't make the field wouldn't get enough games in total because of expanding playoff to 5 games for the champ game participants.
bears are fast...

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: September 24, 2014, 10:03:15 AM »

I'm of the belief that 16 and some sort of bowl structure for #'s 17-60ish would be ideal, but obviously it's not my choice. 

The biggest challenge that I see with 32 is that the teams who wouldn't make the field wouldn't get enough games in total because of expanding playoff to 5 games for the champ game participants.
  Make an irrelevant bracket for them...?  :dunno:

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 24, 2014, 12:06:06 PM »
12 would be great with the top 4 getting a bye week, but 8 would be great too.

Offline AU_Tigers

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 25, 2014, 01:36:10 PM »
Screenshot from a new feature on AU Undercover. Note Coach Crowe's choice of refreshment.
lol

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 25, 2014, 01:48:19 PM »
Looks like the whippersnapper on the right is explaining the physics behind the vortex bottle.

Offline AU_Tigers

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 25, 2014, 02:05:45 PM »
Looks like the whippersnapper on the right is explaining the physics behind the vortex bottle.
:lol:

It might be behind a pay wall, not sure, but here is the link:
http://auburn.247sports.com/Article/AuburnUndercovercom-hosts-Auburn-Intel-31456760

Coach Crowe sings the praises of Snyder; among other things he says "There is a reason his name is on that stadium."

EDIT: The post game analysis ends at the 13.00 mark.