Author Topic: StL County Cops Shoot Teen  (Read 237486 times)

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
Re: StL County Cops Shoot Teen
« Reply #2150 on: November 24, 2014, 11:46:14 PM »
I hope is that in the world we live in today, giving a cop a red spot on his face does not mean you have to die in the streets. My hope is obviously not reasonable

Mike Brown did not have to die, obviously. Mike Brown took his life into his own hands when he engaged that cop. I don't understand why people do not get that the standard of safety for police officers is different for other citizens, you don't have to like it but if you value your life you better respect it.

I totally agree, police should be able to protect themselves. but, to what end? This argument could be used for a lot of scenarios that takes us down a long path.

Honestly, not here to get into an argument, I feel for the kids family, and I feel for the officer and his family. I doubt he truly wanted to kill that kid, most likely he freaked out because he wasn't/isn't properly trained on these things. I work with cops everyday, a large majority of them never have to draw their weapon in a real scenario.

My post was a diplomatic way of saying that if you don't treat all cops as trigger happy lil guys with little regard for others then you are taking your life into your hands. They aren't all like that, most may not be, but you are a fool if you don't work off of that assumption. I am going to post another thread about an absolutely disgusting story regarding MO Highway Patrol killing a kid this past summer that illustrates this point perfectly.

Most people have understood this for a looooooooooooooong time.  Cops are not meant to be mumped with, they risk their lives everyday to protect us,  I would not think of asking Wilson to not shoot the charging Brown and suggest he just try to win the fistfight, good grief!

Do me a favor and just stop quoting my posts when you post, I'm afraid that your dumb may be digitally contagious.

I'm feeling so boom-roasted right now
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2151 on: November 25, 2014, 12:03:15 AM »
WHERE THE eff IS THE NATIONAL GUARD STOPPING THIS GROUP OF PEOPLE FROM ROAMING AROUND FERGUSON SETTING crap ON FIRE???

Didn't Jay Nixon make a big show out of calling a state of emergency and calling the guard in last rough ridin' week?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2152 on: November 25, 2014, 12:13:38 AM »
CNN's Sara Sidner just got hit in the head with a rock, live on-air.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #2153 on: November 25, 2014, 12:24:54 AM »
she took it like a champ

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2154 on: November 25, 2014, 12:26:29 AM »
Journalists are #heroes right now

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2155 on: November 25, 2014, 12:28:43 AM »
she took it like a champ

did you hear the sound it made?

The Big Train

« Reply #2156 on: November 25, 2014, 12:35:42 AM »
i havent posted in this thread before, i just want to make it known that this whole situation sucks  :frown:

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #2157 on: November 25, 2014, 12:53:46 AM »
she took it like a champ

did you hear the sound it made?
yeah. she got whacked and was like "these bui-hey i just got hit by a rock, anyways, these buildings..."

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2158 on: November 25, 2014, 01:45:13 AM »
This press conference from the St. Louis County Sheriff's Office is ridiculous. All officials from Ferguson and St. Louis County should just stfu, they are only interested in letting everyone know that they aren't at fault for anything.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2159 on: November 25, 2014, 04:24:48 AM »
We've landed on the moon.

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2160 on: November 25, 2014, 07:44:10 AM »
I get why this guy, as a public defender, is more than a little butthurt about Wilson getting a more impartial grand jury proceeding than what 99.9% of his clients get. That much is true, and a fair point.

His analysis of "it only takes 1 witness for probable cause" - if that witness is contradicted by overwhelming evidence - is laughably tarded. Probable Cause means "more likely than not." It's a low standard, but not that low.

There are some very good, very bright public defenders, but there are also a lot of dumbasses working there. I'll count this guy in the latter camp.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 07:50:17 AM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2161 on: November 25, 2014, 08:09:49 AM »
wtf,
According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, U.S. attorneys prosecuted 162,000 federal cases in 2010, Grand juries declined to return an indictment in 11 of them.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/ferguson-michael-brown-indictment-darren-wilson/

I wonder how many of those 11 did the DA ask the grand jury to indict. I ask because I have heard some legal experts tonight say they think that the DA in this case did not ask for an indictment.

I would shocked if he didn't at least make a symbolic request, even though his presser indicated he didn't want an indictment.

He did, and he confirmed this at the presser. I agree it was probably symbolic, but there's no point in convening a GJ to not ask for an indictment - that's the whole point of taking a case to them. You'd just be wasting their time otherwise.

There is a point in convening one, it's called political cover when you don't want to indict a cop friend.  Convene the gj, present the evidence so they won't indict, blame the gj.  It's obvious this was his calculated move.

Offline Jabeez

• Combo-Fan
  • #Currie4USPrez
    • View Profile
« Reply #2162 on: November 25, 2014, 08:11:27 AM »
Did anyone read Darren Wilson's testimony to the grand jury?  He chooses not to have a taser bc they're uncomfortable to wear. He essentially says, yeah if I had a taser this could have been avoided.  I don't think he wanted to shoot anyone,  and he just had no other means to do anything. 

The fact remains Ferguson and the STL county governments screwed this whole situation up from the beginning.  Have an open trial and there aren't riots.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2163 on: November 25, 2014, 08:21:23 AM »
The fact remains Ferguson and the STL county governments screwed this whole situation up from the beginning.  Have an open trial and there aren't riots.

We don't put defendants on show trials to appease the mob. That's not how our justice system works, and it's not how it should work. And even if he was found innocent a few years from now after a protracted and horrendously expensive (taxpayer funded, btw) trial, there would still have been riots.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2164 on: November 25, 2014, 08:28:03 AM »

We don't put defendants on show trials to appease the mob. That's not how our justice system works, and it's not how it should work. And even if he was found innocent a few years from now after a protracted and horrendously expensive (taxpayer funded, btw) trial, there would still have been riots.

You're right about one thing, this case is not representative of how our justice system usually works or should work.

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2165 on: November 25, 2014, 08:45:41 AM »
The population of Ferguson is 85% black.  Why don't they elect black officials who hire only black cops?  Why is the black highway patrol captain assigned to the crisis not shooting any white cop he sees?   Why aren't guns being given to protestors so they can run hogwild and have a really good story for CNN.  Why is Obama butt kissing hollywood and liberals at the White House while America burns?  Where are the looters going next since they burned down the stores?   Hope no sympathy riots happen in Reno.

Offline chuckjames

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: November 25, 2014, 08:46:45 AM »
The population of Ferguson is 85% black.  Why don't they elect black officials who hire only black cops?  Why is the black highway patrol captain assigned to the crisis not shooting any white cop he sees?   Why aren't guns being given to protestors so they can run hogwild and have a really good story for CNN.  Why is Obama butt kissing hollywood and liberals at the White House while America burns?  Where are the looters going next since they burned down the stores?   Hope no sympathy riots happen in Reno.

I request the hottest of takes!!!!

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2167 on: November 25, 2014, 08:51:24 AM »
Are police trained that if an unarmed suspect had already overwhelmed you to the point you felt like you had to fire your gun, then when that person runs you should continue solo chase on foot rather than stay back, follow in your cruiser, and wait 30-60 seconds for backup?

That's the part I don't get. This person has already caused you to fire your gun even though he's unarmed.  How do you go "eff it, if he tries that again I've got a gun...I'm not waiting 30 seconds for backup to help subdue an large unarmed person, I'm taking care of this now."
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline Jabeez

• Combo-Fan
  • #Currie4USPrez
    • View Profile
« Reply #2168 on: November 25, 2014, 08:51:50 AM »
Is Renocat a ksu-w sock?

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2169 on: November 25, 2014, 09:29:26 AM »
negligent behavior led to MB's death.

On both their parts.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2170 on: November 25, 2014, 09:31:55 AM »

On both their parts.

one led to some cigarillos not paid for and "bruise", one led to a death.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #2171 on: November 25, 2014, 09:37:18 AM »

On both their parts.

one led to some cigarillos not paid for and "bruise", one led to a death.

Theft is not a negligent act, nor is assaulting or shooting someone.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #2172 on: November 25, 2014, 09:40:23 AM »
The whole "the black community has a reason to distrust law enforcement" excuse has far more to do with the current situation than over zealous police.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline gatoveintisiet

• Combo-Fan
  • the maverick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2173 on: November 25, 2014, 09:51:02 AM »
If you insured all the commercial buildings in Ferguson, what do yo feel like this morning?
You are dipping into the Kool Aid and you don't even know what flavor it is.

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2174 on: November 25, 2014, 10:32:46 AM »
If you insured all the commercial buildings in Ferguson, what do yo feel like this morning?

An insurance agent. 
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread