Author Topic: The planned oopps??  (Read 1724 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The planned oopps??
« on: August 12, 2015, 11:27:54 AM »

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: The planned oopps??
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2015, 12:23:14 PM »
I haven't had the time this week to dig into the understanding of the cause of this issue.  I am assuming that some mining company was storing mining waste, mumped up, and poluted the river. 

If this is the case, they need to basically be treated like a BP in the gulf, imo.  Clean, clean, clean, and financially remedy those hurt.

Online Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2015, 12:54:07 PM »
@acsava ?

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2015, 01:53:14 PM »
Would have been better to link this to Jade Helm.  Poison the water supply to make the populace more passive and accepting of military/obama/fema/epa rule in exchange for basic necessities of life.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2015, 01:56:29 PM »
I couple weeks ago I told acsava I would let Exxon Mobil annex Colorado and exploit the crap out of it for a guaranteed a cats natty.

Now I feel kinda bad about that.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2015, 02:51:16 PM »
I haven't had the time this week to dig into the understanding of the cause of this issue.  I am assuming that some mining company was storing mining waste, mumped up, and poluted the river. 

If this is the case, they need to basically be treated like a BP in the gulf, imo.  Clean, clean, clean, and financially remedy those hurt.

The way the story was first reported was this was a mine from the 1800's that collected water and was leaching a little into the ground water. The EPA went in to see if they could find the source of the leak and ended up releasing all of the water into the Animas River. So this will be a taxpayer funded clean up.

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2015, 02:53:16 PM »
They should toss some losers in jail over this.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2015, 03:03:47 PM »
Yeah edn, let's see here:

Retired and likely highly knowledgeable geologist writes a letter to the editor of a small town local newspaper and pretty much lays it all out there before what actually happened . . . actually happened.

Is exactly the same as a bunch of Alex Jonesites thinking that Obama was going to invade Texas.

:rollingeyes

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2015, 03:18:45 PM »
If only the EPA read page 10, letters to the editor of the townie newspaper, 4 days before the spill

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2015, 03:23:46 PM »
If only the EPA read page 10, letters to the editor of the townie newspaper, 4 days before the spill

I know, if only.

I think the real point was, if the area gets turned into a Superfund site that effectively ends further mining in the area forever.   Not quite a military invasion.    But on the flip side, Bill Clinton was pretty fond of pulling out the executive pen (no pun intended . . . well) and bringing public lands into the total control of the U.S. Government, so I don't know why that would stop Obama.  Then again, I'm not sure we're talking about public lands here. 

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2015, 04:02:12 PM »
Yeah edn, let's see here:

Retired and likely highly knowledgeable geologist writes a letter to the editor of a small town local newspaper and pretty much lays it all out there before what actually happened . . . actually happened.

Is exactly the same as a bunch of Alex Jonesites thinking that Obama was going to invade Texas.

:rollingeyes

The idea that the epa found a random abandoned mine, that clearly didn't have adequate shutdown procedures completed, and caused a rupture to build a new facility is about as reasonable as Jade Helm conspiracy theories.

PS: Superfunds have been the only thing to clean up communities when corporate greed destroys the land after the profits or usefulness have dried up. So lambasting them as a creation of government bureaucracy shows how daft this "expert" is.
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2015, 04:08:32 PM »
I don't think anyone has said that the EPA went out and found a "random" abandoned mine site.   

I don't think anyone has said that proper shut down procedures were followed.

Thanks for the Captain Obvious point on Superfunds, I don't think that anyone has said that Superfunds were anything other than what you just said they are.   Superfunds also give the Government implicit powers to take control of places and things.

Then again, executive orders give the government the "right" (granted to itself by itself) to take over places and things.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2015, 04:12:05 PM »
I don't think anyone has said that the EPA went out and found a "random" abandoned mine site.   

Thanks for the Captain Obvious point on Superfunds, I don't think that anyone has said that Superfunds were anything other than what you just said they are.   Superfunds also give the Government implicit powers to take control of places and things.

Then again, executive orders give the government the "right" (granted to itself by itself) to take over places and things.

I guess I just don't see what you think the government's endgame is here. What is the greater goal they have that they need to take over this place for?

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2015, 04:13:23 PM »

I don't think you actually read the piece.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2015, 04:26:29 PM »
Yeah, I've read it about five times now.   Let's see, "Superfund" is mentioned a couple of times.   I see nothing that indicates any randomness, I do see hints that someone within the EPA recognized an opportunity upon discovery of the situation.     I see no hint from the writer implying that the EPA stuck a finger on a map and told their people to go find something, anything.   I mean, this is an area that had mining in it, so it would make perfect sense for the EPA to have been engaged for quite some time in the area. 

What's hilarious is that you don't think there's any possible way that something like this could have gone down, when its been documented repeatedly that the EPA has colluded behind closed doors and in the court system with environmental groups and the EPA consistently thwarts FOIA requests.  As well has repeatedly failed to turn over documents let alone appear as required to and front of Congress  during the course of the Obama administration. 

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2015, 04:34:54 PM »
There are hundreds of such mines for EPA to ooop on.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2015, 05:29:08 PM »
So, just to get you on record here dax, you are of the opinion that the epa spilled this stuff on purpose?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2015, 06:25:28 PM »
Well he is a birther and a truther as well.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2015, 09:57:19 AM »
 :lol: @ Chin I mean  :lol: :lol:

lib . . . in the 1990's when military special projects observers found a way to get very close (relatively speaking) to that super secret area of the Nellis AFB Range with their high powered cameras on what was technically public range lands.    With the stroke of a pen, then president Bill Clinton grabbed a bazzillion acres of land for the Air Force (and related agencies) and pushed those observers another 9 miles back with lots of mountains and valleys in the way of their cameras and telescopes.   Clinton sited "national security" as the reason.    As I recall one of Clinton's last acts as President was another stroke of the pen that put gazzillions of acres in the Western U.S. under the auspices of various U.S. and International preservation edicts and essentially eliminated or severely limited any further development.    That's just a couple of examples of U.S. government land grabs.   

So,to entertain the possibility of this being another approach to thwart development in the Western United States is something that can legitimately be entertained.   I know in your crazy little mixed up world anything that may make a Democrat look bad is something that needs to be obfuscated and re-directed.   But why would anyone not at least explore that they are capable of doing something like this?   Now the EPA people just stand out there and say in the most disingenuous way possible, how really, really, really sorry they are (kinda, but not really).   On top of knowing how the EPA has essentially acted like a mini-dictatorship under the Obama Administration that doesn't have to answer to anyone besides the Oval Office and their little clique of environmental groups.    The sue and settle scandal should tell you all you need to know in terms of their actions.   The chances of getting a full accounting from the EPA on how they screwed up are as near to zero as you can get.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2015, 10:03:38 AM »
I didn't say it was crazy dax, I'm just trying to nail down what you really think, I know you prefer to operate on vagaries.

What is the percentage you feel that the epa did this on purpose. I'd probably set it at like 5 percent. What about you?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2015, 12:17:42 PM »
I'll say 10%.   If the states sue the EPA is going to pledge a lot of money and then likely exert Federal control over the area.   Entities that survive on the river get squeezed and put out of business?   Who does or doesn't fill the void and if that void is filled, who are they and how much lobbying have they done and influence purchased????