Author Topic: StL County Cops Shoot Teen  (Read 235576 times)

Offline gatoveintisiet

• Combo-Fan
  • the maverick
    • View Profile
Re: StL County Cops Shoot Teen
« Reply #1150 on: August 20, 2014, 02:02:21 AM »
whatever problems black America has will need to be solved by you because you are so smart  :facepalm: so informed  :facepalm: so perceptive to the inequities  :facepalm:.  Wait til they hear all their problems will be solved, it could be a platform for a political campaign.......oh wait.
You are dipping into the Kool Aid and you don't even know what flavor it is.

Offline SPEmaw

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: August 20, 2014, 07:08:06 AM »
Please don't ban me, Mr. Dave.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: August 20, 2014, 07:24:16 AM »
whatever problems black America has will need to be solved by you because you are so smart  :facepalm: so informed  :facepalm: so perceptive to the inequities  :facepalm:.  Wait til they hear all their problems will be solved, it could be a platform for a political campaign.......oh wait.

good grief

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: August 20, 2014, 08:36:30 AM »
Pretty telling that this thread is already longer than the global climate change thread.  :facepalm:

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: August 20, 2014, 08:39:46 AM »
Not to further inflame an irrelevant debate, and it's probably just a matter of semantics, but if race hustlers like Sharpton and Jackson don't have influence among blacks, how is it that they keep finding microphones? Seems like they draw pretty big crowds of mostly black people to hear them speak.

I can understand how it is offensive to be characterized as belonging to a homogenous "black community" with "black leaders" based on skin color - I get that (though voting 90% for one party doesn't help) - but I also think we shouldn't deny that these clowns have an unfortunate amount of influence among blacks.

Why

OK, so I guess we're just going to ignore the question and instead impute racism to the use of the word "blacks." Really glad we can have this "responsible dialogue about race." Better not let me catch you talking about "whites" though. :shakesfist:
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #1155 on: August 20, 2014, 08:41:08 AM »

Not to further inflame an irrelevant debate, and it's probably just a matter of semantics, but if race hustlers like Sharpton and Jackson don't have influence among blacks, how is it that they keep finding microphones? Seems like they draw pretty big crowds of mostly black people to hear them speak.

I can understand how it is offensive to be characterized as belonging to a homogenous "black community" with "black leaders" based on skin color - I get that (though voting 90% for one party doesn't help) - but I also think we shouldn't deny that these clowns have an unfortunate amount of influence among blacks.

Why

OK, so I guess we're just going to ignore the question and instead impute racism to the use of the word "blacks." Really glad we can have this "responsible dialogue about race." Better not let me catch you talking about "whites" though. :shakesfist:

I didn't read the question because the post lost any credibility when you started talking about the "blacks"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: August 20, 2014, 08:49:10 AM »
The only thing that will ever FIX this is for money to be pumped into these communities so the people living in these areas under these economic conditions can actually make something of themselves and live a life that they have no comprehension of right now. It's basic survival and waiting for the government to toss out the crumbs and getting out of that is next to impossible for any race without more money.  The top 5% had better wake up and re-distribute their ridiculous wealth or the bottom 25% will come after them and take the whole system down eventually.  They wealthy can keep ignoring this but it's coming and they have the power to stop it.  :buh-bye:
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: August 20, 2014, 09:05:44 AM »
Education fixes this.  That may require money, it may require change.  That all depends on what is the barrier to the education now. 

Also, for those that think racism is the issue, education fixes that too, but ed from parents.  Ppl, all ppl, need to quit passing hate down to the next gen. 

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: August 20, 2014, 09:16:47 AM »
So back to square one: Is this murder?

A cop sees two youths walking down the middle of the street.  he asks them to move out of the road and some verbal altercation occurs.  During that altercation a call comes over the radio about a strong arm robbery where the suspects match the description of these two youths.  The verbal altercation continues and the parties approach.  There are punches and hits exchanged.  An attempt is made for the officer's weapon.  During the exchange the officer is punch in the face which fractured the orbital bone.  The two parties retract to feet away.  The officer orders them to freeze.  The largest suspect charges the officer.  The officer opens fire, striking the rushing suspect with multiple rounds including 2 potentially fatal shots in the front of the suspects body. 

This is the most advantageous narrative of the police side in my opinion.  IF it occurred this way, is it legally "murder".

Murder 1st:
565.020. 1. A person commits the crime of murder in the first degree if he knowingly causes the death of another person after deliberation upon the matter.

2. Murder in the first degree is a class A felony, and the punishment shall be either death or imprisonment for life without eligibility for probation or parole, or release except by act of the governor; except that, if a person has not reached his sixteenth birthday at the time of the commission of the crime, the punishment shall be imprisonment for life without eligibility for probation or parole, or release except by act of the governor.

Murder 2nd: 
565.021. 1. A person commits the crime of murder in the second degree if he:

(1) Knowingly causes the death of another person or, with the purpose of causing serious physical injury to another person, causes the death of another person; or

(2) Commits or attempts to commit any felony, and, in the perpetration or the attempted perpetration of such felony or in the flight from the perpetration or attempted perpetration of such felony, another person is killed as a result of the perpetration or attempted perpetration of such felony or immediate flight from the perpetration of such felony or attempted perpetration of such felony.

2. Murder in the second degree is a class A felony, and the punishment for second degree murder shall be in addition to the punishment for commission of a related felony or attempted felony, other than murder or manslaughter.

3. Notwithstanding section 556.046 and section 565.025, in any charge of murder in the second degree, the jury shall be instructed on, or, in a jury-waived trial, the judge shall consider, any and all of the subdivisions in subsection 1 of this section which are supported by the evidence and requested by one of the parties or the court.

I think you gotta weave in the self defense defense or yes, the cop committed 2nd degree.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: August 20, 2014, 09:24:59 AM »
I think you gotta weave in the self defense defense or yes, the cop committed 2nd degree.
Quote from: ednksu
There are punches and hits exchanged. An attempt is made for the officer's weapon.  During the exchange the officer is punch in the face which fractured the orbital bone.
Quote from: ednksu
The officer orders them to freeze.  The largest suspect charges the officer.
Now this is the most favorable piecing together of pro cop info I put together.  Do you see this as a self defense shooting?  I guess I'm wondering IF all this is true, with the above comments being the most reasonable way to form the "attack", does this rise to your(your being any poster) level?
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: August 20, 2014, 09:28:46 AM »
Do we know if the dude was shot while running towards the officer or away?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: August 20, 2014, 09:35:31 AM »

No.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: August 20, 2014, 09:39:54 AM »

No.
Emphatically, yes.  Unless there was a second cop on the grassy knoll.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: August 20, 2014, 09:54:36 AM »

Why

I didn't read the question because the post lost any credibility when you started talking about the "blacks"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly my point. Racism everywhere. You can use the term "whites" but not "blacks", there's a whole rule book floating around there somewhere...

If I edit my post to say "black people," does that fix the racism, or do I need to go with the full blown "African Americans" just to be on the safe side?
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: August 20, 2014, 10:14:10 AM »
I'm not racist but,
Sharpton and Jesse Jackson?
clowns that lead dumb blacks

@katkid

I'm not racist but,
Al and Jesse: race hustlers.
I see no color.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: August 20, 2014, 10:19:52 AM »
I'm not racist but,
Sharpton and Jesse Jackson?
clowns that lead dumb blacks

@katkid

I'm not racist, but THOSE people can't think for themselves and are led by clowns.

I've said about 6 times in this thread that the concept of a black community is folly and every black person I know does not see Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton as our leaders. Instead of listening to me, I have these two posters who very obviously don't know any black people nor have never had a substantive conversation with a black person about this issue tell me I'm wrong. I point out that white people aren't placed in the white community and no other race has assigned leaders and that strangely makes me a racist :confused:

So this black community thing; myself, Herman Cane, Barack Obama, the Carr Brothers, and Nicki Minaj are in the same community? Okay?

KSUw, Al and Jesse get on television because they are public officials. Keith Olbermann and Rush Limbaugh are public officials that get lots of publicity, are they the leaders of white people?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: August 20, 2014, 10:22:19 AM »
Those are very good points, MIR.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: August 20, 2014, 10:23:37 AM »
The only thing that will ever FIX this is for money to be pumped into these communities so the people living in these areas under these economic conditions can actually make something of themselves and live a life that they have no comprehension of right now. It's basic survival and waiting for the government to toss out the crumbs and getting out of that is next to impossible for any race without more money.  The top 5% had better wake up and re-distribute their ridiculous wealth or the bottom 25% will come after them and take the whole system down eventually.  They wealthy can keep ignoring this but it's coming and they have the power to stop it.  :buh-bye:

:flush:

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: August 20, 2014, 10:31:02 AM »

No.
Emphatically, yes.  Unless there was a second cop on the grassy knoll.

No, the entry wounds on the arms could have come when the victim was either facing the shooter or facing away. There is no definitive proof, either way. That is why barring eyewitness testimony from a credible source, the cop should walk. The autopsy doesn't prove guilt.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: August 20, 2014, 10:31:42 AM »
So guys, I was out of the country when this ish went down.  Would someone mind recapping the facts as we know them?  For example (I don't know these to be true/verified), can someone quote and FYP?

1.  Unarmed big black dude steals cigars from c-store
2.  Is confronted by cop(s)?
3.  There is a physical scruffle.
4.  Unarmed big black dude is shot/killed.
5.  His body is left in the street for probably far too long, is removed by an SUV and not an ambulance.
6.  Cop has injuries requiring treatment (fractured face?)

Is that right?

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1170 on: August 20, 2014, 10:35:09 AM »
So guys, I was out of the country when this ish went down.  Would someone mind recapping the facts as we know them?  For example (I don't know these to be true/verified), can someone quote and FYP?

5.  His body is left in the street for probably far too long, is removed by an SUV and not an ambulance.

Is that right?

Yes. 3 and 6 are kind of fuzzy still, or at least were yesterday. I'm not completely up to date. There were also one or two witnesses that said the victim was running away when he got shot. The autopsy shows no shots in the back, though, and one of the witnesses was a friend of the victim who was with him when he robbed the liquor store 10 minutes earlier.

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: August 20, 2014, 10:37:24 AM »

So what's the alternative?  What's happening now and has been happening for decades is NOT working and it's getting worse.
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: August 20, 2014, 10:37:40 AM »

Is that right?

I forgot out of the country doesn't have news or internet access.  It's scary out there.
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: August 20, 2014, 10:39:18 AM »
6 isn't fuzzy at all, the Ferguson Chief of Police said the officer was treated for only a swollen face

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: August 20, 2014, 10:39:30 AM »

So what's the alternative?  What's happening now and has been happening for decades is NOT working and it's getting worse.
You will be the first against the wall when the revolution comes.
I was wrong and I apologize. - michigancat 8/22/14